Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:51 AM   #676
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Yes. I used a word that Veach himself uttered.

Guess quoting a man is exaggerating what was said. My bad.
That's called "coach speak".
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:54 AM   #677
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
Is that because mahomes wants to or because he doesn’t have WRs who can do that? in many ways I think it’s good mahomes has learned to do this. I also feel like there were many instances last year where he had to bail or do superhuman things in the pocket but just doesn’t trust his WRs to make these kinds of plays. So I’m excited about finally having this option as long as he uses it sparingly.

Without a doubt he will need to get coached up on separation so he’s not just a jump ball WR.
It should really only be important in late game situations, but you always want to pick the open guy over the jump ball. I think Mahomes tries to play it the "right way" which is hit the open guy and don't force crap if you don't have to, and with Reids schemes there is often someone open.

I do like that the guy is solid, which makes me think he has the dedication to really work on it vs just relying on talent. But that also means we probably won't see anything from him quickly either.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:57 AM   #678
World's finest morphius

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Reminds me of that pass Pat through to Tyreek in OT of the Bengals AFCCG. Rice probably catches that.
I loved Hill, but damn the dropped passes into INTs, that sideways throw by Mahomes that hits him in the mask that would have been a TD in the SB that could have helped make it a game. He was far from perfect.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 12:10 PM   #679
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

I think when you look at how Rice, Toney, and Moore can all complement each other, it's a pretty exciting mix.

If they're facing man coverage, Toney and Moore become REALLY tough matchups, especially when aligned with Kelce on the field, too. Covering Toney and Moore in space/across the middle with all the motion and eye candy KC uses becomes a real challenge in man. And if you use the safeties to compensate, or double Kelce, Rice is now 1x1 on the outside and is a jump ball dynamo.

If they're facing zone, you can use Toney and Rice in combination to put the safety who is not bracketing Kelce in a blender situation.

MVS's deep speed also is a component in all of this. Especially when Kelce isn't on the field.

It's an exciting complement when you start thinking about reacting and countering what the defense is trying to do (kind of like it was back when the Chiefs had Watkins as the third option).
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:13 PM   #680
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
I think when you look at how Rice, Toney, and Moore can all complement each other, it's a pretty exciting mix.

If they're facing man coverage, Toney and Moore become REALLY tough matchups, especially when aligned with Kelce on the field, too. Covering Toney and Moore in space/across the middle with all the motion and eye candy KC uses becomes a real challenge in man. And if you use the safeties to compensate, or double Kelce, Rice is now 1x1 on the outside and is a jump ball dynamo.

If they're facing zone, you can use Toney and Rice in combination to put the safety who is not bracketing Kelce in a blender situation.

MVS's deep speed also is a component in all of this. Especially when Kelce isn't on the field.

It's an exciting complement when you start thinking about reacting and countering what the defense is trying to do (kind of like it was back when the Chiefs had Watkins as the third option).

Like we both said about Johnston, it's just a great compliment to the other guys.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 12:34 PM   #681
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post

Like we both said about Johnston, it's just a great compliment to the other guys.
I wanted one of Johnston/Mingo/Tillman/Rice, probably in that order. Because of that fit/complement.

Although, honestly, hearing his college OC talk this morning about what they asked of Rice each week got me even more jazzed for him. I'd slot him above Tillman and probably even with Mingo if the draft was next weekend instead of last weekend.

Clif notes for those that missed them:

1 He played on the broken toe from October on, even though it took away some of his explosiveness (which tells me: guy is dedicated/determined)
2. They used him inside and outside (which tells me he's versatile enough to fit for an Andy Reid offense)
3. They required all of their receivers to know what the other 2-3 receivers on the field were doing in route concepts, and also be able to complete all 3-4 concepts themselves
4. They had option route packages, and Rice ran option/sight adjustment routes

#2 above is one of the reasons I loved Justin Jefferson so much before he was drafted.

I think Rice is a guy who has been prepared as well as he can be by his college experience for quick transition to Reid's offense.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:03 PM   #682
Pedantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybec 4 View Post
Every swinging dick thinks they are a SME. That's part of the problem, it's also a very rare instance where anyone on this board will re-evaluate. They just start calling other people dipshit reeruns and talking louder.
I was referring to the conversation about a particular poster who spent a large amount of time in the draft forum reviewing players well in advance of the draft vs a poster who watched the youtube highlights after the player was drafted. I would tend to lend more credence to the knowledge of a player to someone who has spent months going over their tape, interviews and history vs someone who watches a 5 minute youtube video.....just my rusty buffalo nickel of an opinion.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 01:39 PM   #683
It's just a ride.

Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Iconic is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:41 PM   #684
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

RAS -- Still reeruned.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 01:59 PM   #685
In Search of a Life

I've gone back and watched Hopkins, Brown, Adams, Aiyuk, and JuJu to compare Rice to them.

I think people expecting a bonafide WR1 like the first 3 might be disappointed.

I think he's closer to Aiyuk in terms of upside, but more of a blend of him and JuJu in terms of skill set and size/athleticism.

I definitely think he can be better than JuJu, and that's pretty damn good for a 2nd round WR.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:02 PM   #686
In Search of a Life

He really reminds me of a slightly less bulky AJ Brown. Would make sense why they like him.

I hope he comes along quickly and can contribute this year....but Andy's offense is too hard to learn for rookies
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:03 PM   #687
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I've gone back and watched Hopkins, Brown, Adams, Aiyuk, and JuJu to compare Rice to them.

I think he's closer to Aiyuk in terms of upside, but more of a blend of him and JuJu in terms of skill set and size/athleticism.

I definitely think he can be better than JuJu, and that's pretty damn good for a 2nd round WR.
People kinda forget....Adams wasn't really much for a while in GB. It took him a while to get it going there. Aj was good in Tennessee but not what he was IMO, once he got with Philly.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:10 PM   #688

Quote:

Yeah - I just keep coming back to Aiyuk.

Top 20% outcome: Aiyuk
Next 20%: I dunno - Nate Burleson?
Next 20%: Hmmmm....Donte Moncreif?
Next 20%: Shit...I'm out of ideas. Lets go with Jonathan Baldwin
Bottom 20%: Who cares?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:10 PM   #689
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iconic View Post

Yea, RAS means dick in terms of determining a guy's success.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:15 PM   #690

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
Yea, RAS means dick in terms of determining a guy's success.
And it just doesn't make sense.

6 hundredths in the 10 yards split - literally the blink of an eye - makes a massive difference. 8 inches in the broad jump.

Well Brown weighs 20 more lbs than Rice does. That's a ton or a WR. And yet it barely seems to have made a dent in those scores.

RAS is dumb and meaningless.