Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 09-07-2023, 09:08 PM  
Hello

****Our Wide Receivers Suck- Official Thread****

They can’t get open, they drop passes in their hands, their jet sweeps are slow and terrible. These guys are not good.
Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sofa King is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:55 PM   #6751
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
The NFL is all about value. I have to get the value of the amount I'm paying you, otherwise, I'm behind the 8 ball.

It's why draft picks are such valuable commodities, because of the cost/benefit situation.

Once you start paying big money for guys, the chances of them playing to that level are just not as high.

There's a reason the 2022 Chiefs were the first team to win a SB paying a QB 20% of the cap. It's really ****ing hard to do and we saw what it took him playing like for it to happen.

Is it unfair to ask the guy to be in "god mode" all the time for them to win? Sure. But that's what they're paying him for. When he doesn't do it, they just aren't gonna be at that level.
If you want your QB to go God mode you should give him more than a few rusty spoons to do it with.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 04:58 PM   #6752
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
The NFL is all about value. I have to get the value of the amount I'm paying you, otherwise, I'm behind the 8 ball.

It's why draft picks are such valuable commodities, because of the cost/benefit situation.

Once you start paying big money for guys, the chances of them playing to that level are just not as high.

There's a reason the 2022 Chiefs were the first team to win a SB paying a QB 20% of the cap. It's really ****ing hard to do and we saw what it took him playing like for it to happen.

Is it unfair to ask the guy to be in "god mode" all the time for them to win? Sure. But that's what they're paying him for. When he doesn't do it, they just aren't gonna be at that level.
OTC shows he was at 17% of the cap in 2022. Looks like he'll be upwards of 20% the next three years though. Thuney and Taylor combine for about 19% of the cap. That's nearly 40% of the cap on 3 players, only 1 of which is actually an elite difference maker. Eagles aren't spending nearly as much on the OL despite having a superior group, pretty sure Taylor and Thuney make more combined than the Eagles entire OL.

I personally think the Chiefs went a little overboard on building out the OL, and it's clear Mahomes no longer has a team friendly deal. So maybe we are in a position where they really can't afford to add much in FA and have to pray they pull a rabbit out of their ass at WR, so to speak.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:07 PM   #6753
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Here's the thing man, you guys keep harping on the WR room talent. They clearly know it's not a top of the league room. They went young, inexperienced draft picks there and are trying to develop them.

They obviously don't "want" it to be that way. They chose to value other aspects to build. You value a "top 5 WR room". They traded Tyreek because apparently they don't see the value there or figure they have the resources to do that as well as the other things they wanted to do.

The defense needed to be rebuilt after it cratered, when they pretty much did what everyone wants them to do with the WR room. They went and spent and bought pieces that were expensive, it worked, then it cratered. I'd guess they don't wanna do that again as it tends to happen (look at Buffalo this year) and decided to build it the long way.

They missed on Moore. Shit happens, they're not gonna hit every draft pick. They'll keep investing there, hell maybe they'll sign a FA.

Honestly, I'm not even on the side of the way they went. I'd have went and got someone. But I'm guessing they know that too and probably tried. In the end, paying their QB and such what they do, yeah, it's a big ask but he's just gotta carry alot.

Okay, I can agree with a lot here.

However, for the 47th time, I never, ever, was banging the table for a 'top 5 WR room.' Let's clear that up, hopefully from now until the end of time. Or at least until next week, lol. Maybe someone else was, but that wasn't me.

I also never said we 'had to have DHop,' either. Or anyone on his level. I only made a case for why DHop would be a good option, but I never said we had to have him. I know you didn't mention DH, I'm just inserting that for the peanut gallery.

What I said, repeatedly, with no deviation, was that we needed a 'solid go-to possession WR that was better than JuJu,' such as an Adam Thielen or Jarvis Landry type.

That was my ask. Hell, i wasn't even saying we had to sign this hypothetical WR to any kind of long-term contract; I wanted a 1-year (maybe two) band-aid guy, while our young/inexperienced WRs like Rice/Skyy/Toney developed, just to get us over the rough spots in the meantime.

Does that sound anything like a 'top-5 WR room' to you? 'Better than average' was what I was hoping for.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2023, 05:08 PM   #6754
Starter

I think they didn't pick up anyone except Mecole at the deadline because they couldn't afford much more and only have like 5 picks in the next draft. Nobody was available that they felt comfortable getting rid of their picks for, especially if that player is more of a rental than someone who would be cost controlled talent for 3-4 years. What difference-making cheap WR was available for less than a 3rd rounder?
Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:16 PM   #6755
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kramerica View Post
I think they didn't pick up anyone except Mecole at the deadline because they couldn't afford much more and only have like 5 picks in the next draft. Nobody was available that they felt comfortable getting rid of their picks for, especially if that player is more of a rental than someone who would be cost controlled talent for 3-4 years. What difference-making cheap WR was available for less than a 3rd rounder?

hopefully someone else with more info will chime in.

Adam Thielen wasn't very expensive, iirc.

Jarvis Landry is still out there waiting for someone to call.

Ridley went for a ham sandwich, i think.

those are the ones I know about, that would've definitely been able to succeed JJSS, and be more productive.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:18 PM   #6756
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post

those are the ones I know about, that would've definitely been able to succeed JJSS, and be more productive.
The Chiefs themselves didn't say it was the price but that they wanted to develop Rice and Skyy Moore.

Scary stuff.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:20 PM   #6757
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
The Chiefs themselves didn't say it was the price but that they wanted to develop Rice and Skyy Moore.

Scary stuff.

And KT, let's not forget KT was supposed to develop into the WR1.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:21 PM   #6758
Generational Player

Quote:
And KT, let's not forget KT was supposed to develop into the WR1.
I can buy Toney more as a WR 1 here (which really is a WR2) than Skyy Moore ever "developing".
Old 11-13-2023, 05:28 PM   #6759
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
I can buy Toney more as a WR 1 here (which really is a WR2) than Skyy Moore ever "developing".

Lol, you and me both.

Honestly, before the season started, I was sure that KT was going to have a solid, maybe even great (for a 2nd-year Chiefs WR) season this year.

However, his usage, or lack thereof, has been . . . inexplicable. It's like they're giving up on him. Gave up on him about 4 weeks ago, if we go by his snaps.

Which I completely don't understand, given his natural talents, and the fact that we don't have any WRs more talented than Toney. Obviously, something's not right, something about KT is keeping him from being a more integral part of the offense, but i have no explanation(s) for it. None.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:36 PM   #6760
Veteran

so Andy said Kt was gonna be a WR1?
you guys are obsessed with this...we have capable receivers right now
poolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipoolboy 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 11-13-2023, 05:44 PM   #6761
Starter

Quote:

Ridley cost two picks and was traded for in Nov. 2022. I thought we were talking about the deadline this year. What was the asking price for Theilen? He just signed for 3 years/25 million in March. Not really something I'd expect from Veach for a 30 year old WR. Jarvis Landry is old, washed, and injured. I don't think any of those options, aside from maybe rolling the dice on Ridley a year ago, make any sense at all. I'm not saying the WR room is great but there weren't a lot of options that weren't old or overpriced out there.
Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.Kramerica is not part of the Right 53.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:45 PM   #6762
MVP

Quote:
Lol, you and me both.

Honestly, before the season started, I was sure that KT was going to have a solid, maybe even great (for a 2nd-year Chiefs WR) season this year.

However, his usage, or lack thereof, has been . . . inexplicable. It's like they're giving up on him. Gave up on him about 4 weeks ago, if we go by his snaps.

Which I completely don't understand, given his natural talents, and the fact that we don't have any WRs more talented than Toney. Obviously, something's not right, something about KT is keeping him from being a more integral part of the offense, but i have no explanation(s) for it. None.
I really don't understand it.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:51 PM   #6763
MVP

I think we didn't show interest at the deadline because we're the #1 team in the league, and we expect our WRs to improve by the Playoffs, so it's really only upside from here out.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:52 PM   #6764
MVP

Quote:

I remember specifically bringing up Thielen and being laughed out of the room. Everyone wanted to throw a bag of money at Hopkins or OBJ. I had no issue at all with a cheap vet. BEFORE THE SEASON. I fail to see how anyone is going to walk into an offense known for being difficult mid-season and be much help unless they come from the same system. Like a Hardman.

It appears that at the time, they thought James was perhaps an undervalued asset. Doesn't seem to have turned out that way.

Moore seems a lost cause. Who knows what the hell they're doing with Toney. Rice looks good. MOAR RICE.

It's weird, and I can't pretend to understand it. The usage, the snap counts, all of it. I know Andy knows what he's doing, but I'm pretty damned confused.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-13-2023, 05:53 PM   #6765
MVP

Landry is slower than Juju on one leg.