Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:44 AM   #661
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
If you say so.

He's a disappointment for sure, mainly because of injuries. But a guy who's career average is 4.4 YPC and nearly 6 TDs a season even with all the time missed is hardly a bust. He just didn't live up to where he was drafted.

Veach seems pretty excited about him for 2023, so I guess you know more than Veach.
What if they decline his 5th yr option today?
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 10:46 AM   #662
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
What if they decline his 5th yr option today?
I suspect they will. Doesn't change his past or what Veach has said about him for 2023.

He can't stay healthy and if Pacheco keeps his 2nd half of 2022 rolling then it doesn't make sense to lock in $5.5M for CEH. Doesn't mean CEH is a bust, just means that today and in the future there is a better, cheaper option
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:08 AM   #663
Please squeeze

Quote:
I suspect they will. Doesn't change his past or what Veach has said about him for 2023.

He can't stay healthy and if Pacheco keeps his 2nd half of 2022 rolling then it doesn't make sense to lock in $5.5M for CEH. Doesn't mean CEH is a bust, just means that today and in the future there is a better, cheaper option
Fair enough but I would argue otherwise. Don't want to clutter up this thread though with CEH talk.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:11 AM   #664
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Would've preferred Pickens/Hyatt. We got Moore/Rice instead. I am looking forward to posting comparisons during the regular season with great interest
and hopefully you are excited that it shows Moore and Rice are doing great... If not, you are a shitty fan hoping you were proven right.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:25 AM   #665
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
"They reached on Rice. They should have drafted Hyatt."

What makes you say that?

"He was the next best available on Mel Kiper's list and I watched a quick YouTube video of him scoring TDs. He would have thrived in this offense!"

Yeah...but what about Rice?

"He's slow and he drops a lot of passes.'

Where'd you see that?

"I read a quick breakdown on some website and a lot of the talking heads are saying they reached."

Ok.
Especially when Kiper has openly admitted he uses his own opinion to elevate certain guys in the draft. He's a shill not an analyst and anybody that quotes him should be ashamed.

What kills me is the general consensus on social media. It's not that Rice is slow and can't separate, or that he has a lot of drops.

It's that we drafted Rice instead of - get this - another CB. It seems the general consensus is that all of our rookie DB's sucked so bad, there's no time to develop them. They need to be replaced, and just a year after they were drafted.

The average Chiefs fan is just...well...
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:26 AM   #666
Please squeeze

Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 11:29 AM   #667
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
I'm making the comment that anyone that says "watch the tape" always grinds me a bit because we don't have all the information of what we're watching. That's really it.

Some guys are informed and know their shit pretty well, some don't. I didn't mean to really get into that, I've just always hated with "watch the tape" guys get high and mighty.

I didn't mean to single you out at all, it's not really the "watch the tape" saying it's just that some people....we'll they're idiots.
What he's suggesting is that you inform yourself, not that you should watch a few YT clips and call it a day. That means consuming as many sources as you can. That gives you composite data that then you can analyze and see both the good and the bad. It's not just "watch the tape" it's about reading and watching the guys that ACTUALLY "watch the tape" and figuring out which ones are reliable, and which ones aren't.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:31 AM   #668
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
If you say so.

He's a disappointment for sure, mainly because of injuries. But a guy who's career average is 4.4 YPC and nearly 6 TDs a season even with all the time missed is hardly a bust. He just didn't live up to where he was drafted.

Veach seems pretty excited about him for 2023, so I guess you know more than Veach.
So excited they declined his 5th-year option?
Old 05-02-2023, 11:32 AM   #669
World's finest morphius

I found this draft pick interesting. Mahomes likes to throw to the open guy, not just toss it up for contention, but we move up and get the guy that is best known for catching while being harassed. Luckily that talent carries over to being good catching anything thrown at you, but a separation/route runner makes more sense.

Outside of a RB that we converted to WR our WR drafting has been a big solid meh. CB's, lineman, maybe even LB's and TE's have been pretty good, but until I see one of these guys blow up, I'm just not expecting much.

Overall, glad we went and got the WR we wanted, but outside of being a bit homerish I don't how can we go in with anything but low expectations.
morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.morphius is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:36 AM   #670
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
So excited they declined his 5th-year option?
What does 2024 have to do with 2023?

He has to prove he can stay healthy, which was a focal point of what Veach said about him for 2023 while mentioning he is in tremendous shape. Just because you have hopes for a guy doesnt mean you preemptively lock him up in the future when your option is to let things unfold without that guarantee incase shit doesnt work out like it hasn't for the past 2 seasons because of injury.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:39 AM   #671
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
I found this draft pick interesting. Mahomes likes to throw to the open guy, not just toss it up for contention, but we move up and get the guy that is best known for catching while being harassed. Luckily that talent carries over to being good catching anything thrown at you, but a separation/route runner makes more sense.

Outside of a RB that we converted to WR our WR drafting has been a big solid meh. CB's, lineman, maybe even LB's and TE's have been pretty good, but until I see one of these guys blow up, I'm just not expecting much.

Overall, glad we went and got the WR we wanted, but outside of being a bit homerish I don't how can we go in with anything but low expectations.
Is that because mahomes wants to or because he doesn’t have WRs who can do that? in many ways I think it’s good mahomes has learned to do this. I also feel like there were many instances last year where he had to bail or do superhuman things in the pocket but just doesn’t trust his WRs to make these kinds of plays. So I’m excited about finally having this option as long as he uses it sparingly.

Without a doubt he will need to get coached up on separation so he’s not just a jump ball WR.
chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.chiefzilla1501 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:42 AM   #672
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
What does 2024 have to do with 2023?

He has to prove he can stay healthy, which was a focal point of what Veach said about him for 2023 while mentioning he is in tremendous shape. Just because you have hopes for a guy doesnt mean you preemptively lock him up in the future when your option is to let things unfold without that guarantee incase shit doesnt work out like it hasn't for the past 2 seasons because of injury.
You said "excited".

That's hyperbole, plain and simple.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:42 AM   #673
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by morphius View Post
Reminds me of that pass Pat threw to Tyreek in OT of the Bengals AFCCG. Rice probably catches that.

Last edited by dirk digler; 05-02-2023 at 12:49 PM..
Old 05-02-2023, 11:44 AM   #674
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by htismaqe View Post
You said "excited".

That's hyperbole, plain and simple.
Yes. I used a word that Veach himself uttered.

Quote:
With the draft just being over here now, that’s another thing that will be addressed soon. We’re excited for Clyde. He’s actually the first guy I saw in the building today. He’s in tremendous shape. He’s a good football player. He’s gonna help us out here. … We’re excited to have him back in the building today and look forward to hopefully a healthy 2023 campaign from him.
Guess quoting a man is exaggerating what was said. My bad.

It is very much possible to be a little excited about your former 1st round pick showing up in "tremendous shape" and ready to work while at the same time acknowledging the business side of the relationship. I know, it's crazy to think about.

Last edited by jd1020; 05-02-2023 at 11:52 AM..
Old 05-02-2023, 11:45 AM   #675
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
I don't think he is saying you can't have an opinion but that if you do it should be informed and generally speaking watching youtube highlights of a players college performance is a pretty shallow indicator of talent/character. Elsewise anyone could be a pro scout. I think it is important to understand there are people with more indepth knowledge of a player. It is okay to have an opinion but when a SME tells you that your opinion isn't valid for XYZ you should probably re-evaluate. Also, it's okay to agree to disagree.
Every swinging dick thinks they are a SME. That's part of the problem, it's also a very rare instance where anyone on this board will re-evaluate. They just start calling other people dipshit reeruns and talking louder.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote