Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #6586
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
This is extremely discomfiting:

I wonder if politicians and NBA players have ventilators set aside for them?
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:19 PM   #6587
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Do you think we're "slowing the curve" enough?
Not enough tests to really determine at this time.

The next 10 days could be very crucial, however.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:20 PM   #6588
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Not enough tests to really determine at this time.

The next 10 days could be very crucial, however.
Do you mean in the number of positive tests we see or how crowded hospitals become?
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:24 PM   #6590
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

As others have noted, I'm not sure cases is as important as the ratio of cases that become critical cases, and then critical cases to deaths.
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #6591
Life is changing..

We know we're gonna see a spike in numbers. At least, that seems very logical. ( But maybe by some miracle we won't see a huge spike outside of areas already hit hard)

These are dark times. I feel as though I'm going to lose loved ones around me, if not my own life. Maybe I'm overreacting, but today I'm thinking more clearly than I have for 2 weeks. All I want to do is stay home. I want to gather up my family and try to keep them all safe. Quit my job, whatever. (Though this is probably the worst thing we could possibly do)

I feel so bad for those who have already lost loved ones. May they find peace and comfort.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:26 PM   #6592
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I was adding important context that was missing. Hadn’t read beyond that.
preparing is a specific word in a hospital. That the public doesn’t receive the same way.

It’s breaking news that the Trump admin is preparing for this to last 18-24 months. That doesn’t mean they are expecting it to last 18-24 months, just preparing, just in case.

Hospitals should be preparing and acting like they are going to be at capacity. It’s no longer some hypothetical drills. It’s break glass time.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:28 PM   #6593
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

COVID-19 shutting down publication of Playboy magazine.

Link: https://medium.com/naked-open-letter...s-b859b1a4c663
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:28 PM   #6594
Forever Royal

The nationwide number of people confirmed to have it is largely pointless. We are more spread out but we also haven’t been testing much and are just now increasing it. This thing has been here since late January. There are probably a good 100,00 current cases in total with varying levels of severity. The numbers “suggest” there’s a bunch of new infections in the last few days alone but it’s important to realize that’s definitely not the case. What matters more than reported cases is the ones going to the hospital, but even more so, the ones going to the same hospitals in the same region at the same time.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:32 PM   #6595
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
We know we're gonna see a spike in numbers. At least, that seems very logical. ( But maybe by some miracle we won't see a huge spike outside of areas already hit hard)

These are dark times. I feel as though I'm going to lose loved ones around me, if not my own life. Maybe I'm overreacting, but today I'm thinking more clearly than I have for 2 weeks. All I want to do is stay home. I want to gather up my family and try to keep them all safe. Quit my job, whatever. (Though this is probably the worst thing we could possibly do)

I feel so bad for those who have already lost loved ones. May they find peace and comfort.
You and your family will be fine. Just take a deep breath and relax. The vast majority of tests come back negative, of the few that come back positive, very, very few become critical.

Yes it sucks. Yes, it can be scary. But guess what? People are fighting it. People are taking it seriously. You and your family will be OK.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 6 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:35 PM   #6596
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
You and your family will be fine. Just take a deep breath and relax. The vast majority of tests come back negative, of the few that come back positive, very, very few become critical.

Yes it sucks. Yes, it can be scary. But guess what? People are fighting it. People are taking it seriously. You and your family will be OK.
Elvis - you're a good person. Thank you so much for your words of encouragement.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:36 PM   #6597
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
I wonder if politicians and NBA players have ventilators set aside for them?
politicians or at least the ones that are essential. The government has had emergency plans since the Cold War. Whole hospitals already set up, ready to go at a moments notice. The last one they used for 30 years got outed in 2011.

https://www.npr.org/2011/03/26/13437...ess-never-used
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 08:37 PM   #6598
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
As others have noted, I'm not sure cases is as important as the ratio of cases that become critical cases, and then critical cases to deaths.
Do we have numbers on those ratios right now?
Old 03-18-2020, 08:38 PM   #6599
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post

Boom! Well said.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 08:45 PM   #6600
Like I woke up in Wonderland..

Quote:
Do we have numbers on those ratios right now?
DJ's Left Nut broke it down about a day ago, and it was pretty optimistic (so far)
sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.sedated is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote