Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:03 PM   #6556
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by farmerchief View Post
You must be KC Missouri, as local news in Wichita states only 11 verified Cases in Johnson County?
I’m in Florida. I’m talking to my friends who are Respiratory Therapists in KC.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:06 PM   #6557
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Don't say something like this unless you got a live feed to back it up. Otherwise it's just cruel.
Feel like they missed a large PPV opportunity. Same with Puppy Bowl, can we get the regular season televised now?
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:06 PM   #6558

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007 View Post
Don't forget about the registrar's that have first contact with every patient. It's getting very stressful.
yep, without a triage in the parking lot, anyone walks into an ER that’s positive, possibly infects everyone from the person checking them in, works on the insurance, janitors etc. etc.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:13 PM   #6559
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Ya Chicago aquarium shut down to public and open it up to the penguins to tour. Not sure about a live feed though.
Yeah I saw it on The Five assumed it was a youtube live feed.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #6560
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydogg58 View Post
Christ Almighty....Coronavirus scared all the good looking college kids away from spring break, leaving nothing but the ugliest to roam the beach.

I'm glad I'm not in my 20's again.
Way BITD, when I was in my 20s, all the college kids including the spring breakers looked better.

Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:15 PM   #6561
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
remember, we have no testing. how many have been infected. Without testing, they are planning blind. they are just planning right now. That’s what hospitals do. Try to imagine worst case scenerio and then plan for that. The ICU’s in 3 hospitals are already full with “normal” health issues.
I was wondering how close to capacity they were to begin with. The lack of context made it sound like it was getting bad, but obviously with no testing, you have no idea if or when it'll happen.

My parents (who live in KC) are over 60 and aren't taking it all that seriously, so when I read "KC is preparing to be out of ICU beds with everyone on a vent by the weekend", you can imagine that's a bit worrisome.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:16 PM   #6562
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
Way BITD, when I was in my 20s, all the college kids including the spring breakers looked better.

Come to AZ. You won't believe it.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #6563
"Think BOOM!"

Interesting stat, which is probably an outlier and I'm suspect of the data per our own growth, but global new cases increased by only a thousand since yesterday. Previous day was ~16,000
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:20 PM   #6564
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eDave View Post
Come to AZ. You won't believe it.
I was in Tempe a few years ago, on Tempe Butte. Mother of God...
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #6565
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 View Post
Spring breakers don’t care about no virus

Lol. Young idiots. I was one of them so I'm not trying to sound like an old man judging.

Unfortunately, some of them will learn the hard way this virus isn't a joke.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:24 PM   #6566

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
I was wondering how close to capacity they were to begin with. The lack of context made it sound like it was getting bad, but obviously with no testing, you have no idea if or when it'll happen.

My parents (who live in KC) are over 60 and aren't taking it all that seriously, so when I read "KC is preparing to be out of ICU beds with everyone on a vent by the weekend", you can imagine that's a bit worrisome.
no, I wasn’t saying they are expecting full capacity due to coronavirus patients filling the hospital but just full capacity. And no one gets an ICU bed without being on a ventilator in at least one hospital. Hospitals are busy this time of the year just with the “normal” flu. A lot of people with COPD catch a bug and it pushes them Over the edge and they are on a vent for a week.

Last edited by BigRedChief; 03-18-2020 at 07:30 PM..
Old 03-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #6567
Prestige Worldwide

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/20...mpression=true
Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr_Tomahawk is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:25 PM   #6568
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I was in Tempe a few years ago, on Tempe Butte. Mother of God...
While the rest of the world has Hooters and Tilted Kilt, we have ASU.
eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.eDave is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:27 PM   #6569
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Don't say something like this unless you got a live feed to back it up. Otherwise it's just cruel.
Its the Shedd Aquarium in Chicago and guess it was just a news piece I thought wrong on a live feed.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 07:34 PM   #6570
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
Lol. Young idiots. I was one of them so I'm not trying to sound like an old man judging.

Unfortunately, some of them will learn the hard way this virus isn't a joke.
Sounds like Pete
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote