Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-25-2024, 09:24 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Xavier Worthy Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 04-25-2024 at 10:29 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:13 PM   #631
MVP

He appears to be great after the catch and running in traffic. Those highlights show him running through a lot of leg and ankle tackles.
penchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellipenchief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-26-2024, 01:26 PM   #632
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
Just can't say enough about how much I love the way this offense threatens at all three levels.

And because of the threat HB and Worthy present, I'll go ahead and be one of many that foreshadows a Kelce 'Fountain of Youth' narrative come this fall, even though last year's struggles had less to do with age and more to do with his supporting cast.
Agree 100%. Hitting on Rashee Rice last year, signing Hollywood, and capping it off by drafting the fastest player in the history of the league is going to extend Kelces career, substantially. Not only far less demand on him physically, but this offense, with all these weapons, are going to start breaking records again. Kelce not about to hang it up in the middle of a run like that unless his body falls off a cliff.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:27 PM   #633
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverIowan View Post
Agree 100%. Hitting on Rashee Rice last year, signing Hollywood, and capping it off by drafting the fastest player in the history of the league is going to extend Kelces career, substantially. Not only far less demand on him physically, but this offense, with all these weapons, are going to start breaking records again. Kelce not about to hang it up in the middle of a run like that unless his body falls off a cliff.
The Chiefs speed offense was getting hit with all the Fangio disciples running quarters constantly, Chiefs change to a ball control passing attack that eats up quarters...

Fangio disciples across the league get fired and cover 1 because popular again...Chiefs go back to just being faster than everyone else.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:31 PM   #634
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
The 'back isn't the reason we suck on 3rd and short. And won't be the reason we improve.

We struggled with the blocking on short yardage running plays. And that's unlikely to change. We just don't have maulers in Creed or Thuney on the interior. And frankly the OTs aren't great at preventing guys from knifing inside on them either.

Short yardage running is an OL issue on this team.
I'd also argue it can be a play-calling issue at times as well. It doesn't matter how good your interior offensive linemen are when you're running the annexation of Puerto Rico on 3rd and inches.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:31 PM   #635
MVP

Man, you watch those highlights...

and I get it, they're 'highlights'...

but this kid threatens every blade of grass, just him. You want to press him and man up? Better not miss, or it's 7. WR screen? threat to take it to the house. Post? 9? Out? Crosser? Whip? You can see ALL of that in these videos.

This is no 'raw, but potential' Hardman pick. This is no speedy gadget player. This kid has already demonstrated excellent route running to go with the blinding speed, and is a GREAT ball tracker (which is perhaps the #1 problem we've had since Hill left.)
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 7 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:38 PM   #636
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post

but this kid threatens every blade of grass, just him. You want to press him and man up? Better not miss, or it's 7. WR screen? threat to take it to the house. Post? 9? Out? Crosser? Whip? You can see ALL of that in these videos.

This is no 'raw, but potential' Hardman pick. This is no speedy gadget player. This kid has already demonstrated excellent route running to go with the blinding speed, and is a GREAT ball tracker (which is perhaps the #1 problem we've had since Hill left.)
As a person who follows the Big 12 closely and is a degenerate gambler, I absolutely HATED to bet against Texas. The amount of stress and pressure Worthy puts on a defense is ridiculous. You could feel it through the tv screen. You held your breath every single time they threw his direction.
ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.ForeverIowan must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:41 PM   #637
MVP

Quote:
As a person who follows the Big 12 closely and is a degenerate gambler, I absolutely HATED to bet against Texas. The amount of stress and pressure Worthy puts on a defense is ridiculous. You could feel it through the tv screen. You held your breath every single time they threw his direction.
And with Hollywood, and with Rice, and with Kelce?

Oh, and you want to sit back in dime? No problem. Here comes Pacheco.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:43 PM   #638
Hockey Town

Quote:
And with Hollywood, and with Rice, and with Kelce?

Oh, and you want to sit back in dime? No problem. Here comes Pacheco.
I think this also plays in that Hollywood is probably gonna be here for 1 year, if he has the kind of year he can have in this offense, he'll get paid.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:43 PM   #639
Comfortably Numb

Quote:

The thing I noticed besides the obvious speed that he will be adding is ball tracking skills. MVS, Watson, Hardman could get open deep, but they can't track like this kid....heck MVS had to fall down on his back to catch the ball.

Go back and look at that 3rd down throw to MVS that sealed the Ravens game. I am glad he fell down to make the catch because he was most comfortable securing it in that fashion, but a receiver like this kid is taking that to the house.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #640
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
I think this also plays in that Hollywood is probably gonna be here for 1 year, if he has the kind of year he can have in this offense, he'll get paid.
Agreed, if Hollywood was multiyear, I think they stay put or trade back slightly from 32 and take the BYU tackle and some combination of Corley/Walker/Franklin in subsequent picks.
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #641
MVP

Quote:
Yep.

And we'll draft another one next year, and so on, and so on.

Every year it'll be just a little bit different. It's a good thing. The league can't adjust to The Chiefs if The Chiefs are morphing every offseason.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:46 PM   #642
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Possibly, but with Rashee and Worthy on rookie deals, maybe they can keep him for a couple more years.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:47 PM   #643
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Funny how differently people see the world...

I honestly think Worthy is a floor pick rather than a ceiling one. I don't see a ton of room for added growth with him. His route running is already polished. His speed is what it is. His size isn't going to change appreciably. I don't see much ceiling left in him at all - this is the guy he's going to be and what will ultimately impact his productivity is scheme and opportunity.

That will come, for better or worse, fairly early on in his career.

Someone like McConkey has more upside to me because I think there's a translation question that hasn't been answered. I don't think he's been used in as broad a manner as some of his skills suggest he could be used. I think he COULD (not will, but could) be a Z receiver type based on traits and a frame that I think can carry a little more good weight than it has.

So I actually see Ladd as being a higher upside pick and Worthy as being a safer one. Because I think Worthy's floor is as a better version of Hardman. Maybe a Marquis Goodwin sort? And he has had a heck of a career even if he was never a true impact player.

I think Worthy slots in as being between Goodwin and DeSean Jackson. That's not a HUGE outcome curve. Whereas i think McConkey could be anywhere between Skyy Moore and CeeDee Lamb.
And the biggest different between Hardman & Worthy is Worthy is pretty damn good at running routes & Hardman never has been
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-26-2024, 01:54 PM   #644
Veteran

Quote:
And the thing about that is this year this dude is literally and AFTERTHOUGHT in our offense. Do you know how dangerous that is?? 4.21 speed is at best the 4th or 5th option in our offense this year. Its just downright ridiculous.
Old 04-26-2024, 02:05 PM   #645
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
Possibly, but with Rashee and Worthy on rookie deals, maybe they can keep him for a couple more years.
Yeah, I'd lean no but depending on the price he could certainly stay

If Kelce walks away after this year, which I don't predict but could see... would be nice to bring the receivers back at least in '25
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.