Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:22 PM   #631
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
I didn't either. My mom said I had a mild case when I was very young, anyway I didn't remember having them. Then in 2011 I caught them again. The docs weren't sure what it was until they got the tests back. It was funny at first because it didn't itch and I looked like a super zombie. I sent the nastiest portrait selfie to my coworkers because they were ribbing me about missing recess, etc. About 5 days into it I started getting a headache. Two days later I was in the hospital. It had started to attack my nervous system. They called it meningal encephilitis, or something like that. Headache so bad I would just start puking with no warning. They completely quarantined me off. I even had a visit from 3 CDC guys in suits asking questions. They were the ones that told us with the invention of the CP vaccine cases dropped so dramatically people were hardly ever exposed to it anymore. So my immune system eventually lost the ability to fight it.

After that I made sure to get the shingles vax just to avoid the possibility it could do to me what CP did.
You almost died during the Romeo Crennel/Matt Cassel era. How terrifying.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 06:40 PM   #632
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I have these. And I concur! They are amazing with the blue tooth!
Do you have yours paired with the device hooked to your T V?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:55 PM   #633
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
There was a time I didn't care what happened. I just wanted it to stop. You might be on to something.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 06:59 PM   #634
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Do you have yours paired with the device hooked to your T V?
I'm going to have to get lessons from you Tech gurus.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2024, 07:12 PM   #635
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
I raked a dozen bags of leaves from my mother's house last weekend followed by a long walk with the family, and somehow ended up with a severely inflamed bunion. I feel like an incredible pussy even complaining about it, but the pain over the last few days has been downright unbearable. Do not recommend.
That’s called gout my friend. Welcome to decrepitude.
njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:13 PM   #636
Starter

A random long hair grows at strange angles from random body parts.
njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.njchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:39 PM   #637
Supporter

Quote:
I'm going to have to get lessons from you Tech gurus.
It is one of these and you have to do is plug it in and hold the button down to pair the hearing aids.

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Tra...8QAvD_BwE&th=1
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 07:45 PM   #638
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
Tell that to my nose hair
I thought the same thing until my ear hair grew over to my nose hair and bitch slapped it around.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:09 PM   #639
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
I thought the same thing until my ear hair grew over to my nose hair and bitch slapped it around.
On one of the cold days last week, I decided to organize stuff in the two bathrooms I frequent the most in the house.

When done, I had FOUR nose/ear hair trimmers in the same drawer with fresh batteries.
I had no idea I had that many, not a clue, but did text both my daughters and wife that I think I finally get the hint.
Sorry for being so slow on the uptake.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:15 PM   #640
Mod Team

The Shingles vaccine is good for 7-10 years, just FYI.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:30 PM   #641
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Next time I'm doing it in the other arm. I'm dragging my arm around like a log right now.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:31 PM   #642
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
WTF? Nobody ever told me that.
mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.mlyonsd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:41 PM   #643
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinyEvel View Post
Do you own your home?

Do you plan to live in it your entire life?

At what age have some things started to get a little more inconvenient or difficult at home?

What things (e.g. turning faucets/doorknobs, reaching things, garage or yard work, stairs, bathroom getting off the toilet into the shower etc.) What's tough now?

I;m 54 and going into the attic to get holiday decorations or other storage things is a pain in the butt now. Walking around up there hunching down (because it's 5' high) almost always throw out my back.
Everything
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-20-2024, 08:47 PM   #644
Starter

Quote:
My Dad died in mid-2009, Chiefs went 2-14 in 2018 by Herm followed by Todd Haley and Matt Cassel in 2009. That may have just finished him off
DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.DCTwister is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-20-2024, 09:25 PM   #645
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlyonsd View Post
WTF? Nobody ever told me that.
That's the estimate as the Shingrix vaccine is fairly new.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.