Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:45 AM   #631
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Watching a you tube highlight video, while helpful, isn't really gonna do much for alot of us.
If that's all you watch no.

But there are plenty of breakdown videos, and there are multiple scouting reports from various sources, as you well know.

At least I hope you do.

And if you've watched those and learned anything, then your opinion is more educated than those who have not.

And it's really that simple. Your judgement is still worth questioning, but it IS a more educated opinion.

I can't believe anyone wants to argue that actually knowing something is not more valuable than NOT knowing something. I mean, really?
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:48 AM   #632
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
No you dont.

You could probably throw a dart at any name drafted in the 7th round, or even UDFA's and make a 3 minute film of their highlights and make it look like they should have been a 1st round talent.

All highlight films get you is a look at a players capabilities. That doesn't mean you are going to get a consistent stream of highlights.
Show me where I said to just watch highlight video.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:48 AM   #633
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Hopefully no one takes Kiper serious. He is probably the worst out there and looks like a fool year in and year out.
Change it to whoever you want. I'm just saying that people watch the draft coverage and see that list constantly updating.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:49 AM   #634
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Show me where I said to just watch highlight video.
You've told me multiple times to watch the tape in the OP... all highlights.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #635
Andy Reid Supporter

I have a theory that Andy didn’t want these Hardman/Conley type WR’s anymore bc he just couldn’t put them to use. They had speed and that was all.

Hyatt was very similar to those guys and Mims to a lesser degree.

The offense has changed and Andy wants these guys to run routes well and get YAC in the middle of the field as well as sometimes being able to threaten deep.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #636
In Search of a Life

Quote:
If that's all you watch no.

But there are plenty of breakdown videos, and there are multiple scouting reports from various sources, as you well know.

At least I hope you do.

And if you've watched those and learned anything, then your opinion is more educated than those who have not.

And it's really that simple. Your judgement is still worth questioning, but it IS a more educated opinion.

I can't believe anyone wants to argue that actually knowing something is not more valuable than NOT knowing something. I mean, really?
I'm making the comment that anyone that says "watch the tape" always grinds me a bit because we don't have all the information of what we're watching. That's really it.

Some guys are informed and know their shit pretty well, some don't. I didn't mean to really get into that, I've just always hated with "watch the tape" guys get high and mighty.

I didn't mean to single you out at all, it's not really the "watch the tape" saying it's just that some people....we'll they're idiots.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:50 AM   #637
The man you could post like.

Would've preferred Pickens/Hyatt. We got Moore/Rice instead. I am looking forward to posting comparisons during the regular season with great interest
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:51 AM   #638
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Change it to whoever you want. I'm just saying that people watch the draft coverage and see that list constantly updating.
Oh I agree. But there are people out there who base their opinions on guys such as Kiper who is terri-bad at his job.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 05-02-2023, 09:55 AM   #639
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
Oh I agree. But there are people out there who base their opinions on guys such as Kiper who is terri-bad at his job.
There are definitely those people. Those people also either ignore needs completely and go BPA no matter what or they ignore BPA at a need level and just want the next highest need they've come up with.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:55 AM   #640
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Watching a you tube highlight video, while helpful, isn't really gonna do much for alot of us.
I think you can pick up more at some positions than others.

I think WRs and DEs show traits pretty apparently even in highlight videos. Even the negative traits show.

Just look at the clips posted by Staylor in the respective threads for Rice, Thompson and Coburn. All of them show clear strengths and obvious weaknesses.

No, they're never going to provide as complete a picture as area scouts have, but it's what I'd call 'low hanging fruit'. When you can get 80% of the way there through 10% of the time, effort and energy, that's pretty useful in terms of informing yourself as a fan.

Now front offices need to put in that remaining 90% of the work because it's that 20% in the margins that can create a champion. But strictly as fans, we can get a fair bit from 2-3 minute videos online.

Except for OL. I can't get anything from watching OL clips. DB clips are typically not terribly useful for me either.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:56 AM   #641
MVP

Quote:
You've told me multiple times to watch the tape in the OP... all highlights.
jeezus harryson christ, because you couldn't be bothered to go anywhere and look at anything at all I thought maybe if you could just scroll up to the top of the damned page that would at least give you some idea.

And from that you extrapolate that I think all anyone should do is look at a highlight clip?

You are some kind of special.

If you DID look at the videos posted at the top of the page, it ought to at least give you pause that your criticisms posted entirely second hand are at least not as concrete as you seem to believe. You can see multiple examples of THAT in those reels.

When you look at full game reps, and you can go to Youtube and find them, as well as more detailed scouting videos, you can see a lot of the questions answered, as well as what Rice does indeed need to work on.

But as you can't be bothered, then no, your opinion is not equally valid, because you have decided to be willfully ignorant.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #642
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
I think you can pick up more at some positions than others.

I think WRs and DEs show traits pretty apparently even in highlight videos. Even the negative traits show.

Just look at the clips posted by Staylor in the respective threads for Rice, Thompson and Coburn. All of them show clear strengths and obvious weaknesses.

No, they're never going to provide as complete a picture as area scouts have, but it's what I'd call 'low hanging fruit'. When you can get 80% of the way there through 10% of the time, effort and energy, that's pretty useful in terms of informing yourself as a fan.

Now front offices need to put in that remaining 90% of the work because it's that 20% in the margins that can create a champion. But strictly as fans, we can get a fair bit from 2-3 minute videos online.

Except for OL. I can't get anything from watching OL clips. DB clips are typically not terribly useful for me either.
and that's a better and more direct way of putting it than I've been able to.

No, it's not everything, but if you have an idea of what you're looking at, you can at least get a general idea without a ton of time.

And all any of us are here, is a fan. And some are more educated in specific areas than others.

I learn a bunch every offseason over in the draft forum by listening to other's opinions and going and looking at guys myself and comparing notes.

But I don't think anyone that doesn't bother's opinion is worth as much as anyone who DOES, regardless of whether I agree or not.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:00 AM   #643
In Search of a Life

Quote:
jeezus harryson christ, because you couldn't be bothered to go anywhere and look at anything at all I thought maybe if you could just scroll up to the top of the damned page that would at least give you some idea.

And from that you extrapolate that I think all anyone should do is look at a highlight clip?

You are some kind of special.

If you DID look at the videos posted at the top of the page, it ought to at least give you pause that your criticisms posted entirely second hand are at least not as concrete as you seem to believe. You can see multiple examples of THAT in those reels.

When you look at full game reps, and you can go to Youtube and find them, as well as more detailed scouting videos, you can see a lot of the questions answered, as well as what Rice does indeed need to work on.

But as you can't be bothered, then no, your opinion is not equally valid, because you have decided to be willfully ignorant.
For your sake I hope this kid Moss' people. That will make your life complete.

I'll sit back and watch it all unfold when he actually suits up for a game in the NFL.

I promise that if he busts that I wont bump the thread and call you an idiot. But I imagine if he even has Mecole Hardman levels of success you'll bump it and call me an idiot because that's your life's destiny.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:05 AM   #644
MVP

Quote:
For your sake I hope this kid Moss' people. That will make your life complete.

I'll sit back and watch it all unfold when he actually suits up for a game in the NFL.

I promise that if he busts that I wont bump the thread and call you an idiot. But I imagine if he even has Mecole Hardman levels of success you'll bump it and call me an idiot because that's your life's destiny.
Oh, silly child.

If he does Moss people, I'll be happy, because he plays for my favorite team, The Kansas City Chiefs.

Will you?

Judging by your presence here in general, I wonder.
Old 05-02-2023, 10:06 AM   #645
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Oh, silly child.

If he does Moss people, I'll be happy, because he plays for my favorite team, The Kansas City Chiefs.

Will you?

Judging by your presence here in general, I wonder.
I'll be just fine.

You dont see me bitching about Skyy Moore or calling CEH a bust.