Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:24 AM   #616
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Is that suppose to be some kind of gotchya analogy?

You dont even have the test results yet. If you fail the test does it matter how much you ****ing studied?

If this guy busts are you going to be the one to bump the thread in 3 years?
Aren't you the one that's already decided KC failed the test? And judged it so by what...reading off of someone else's notes?

I don't know if it's a 'gotcha' analogy, but it's a pretty apt one.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #617
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
Aren't you the one that's already decided KC failed the test? And judged it so by what...reading off of someone else's notes?
I havent decided anything.

I've simply said I have questions and potential doubts about a receiver who played against subpar competition that has questionable hands, fumbling issues, struggled to gain separation, and had a dramatic reduction in success when faced against man coverage, especially press coverage.

You act like you didn't get every bit of information on this guy by reading someone elses notes. You weren't the one traveling around scouting SMU games.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #618
MVP

Quote:
I came over from the Star bulletin board. I'm old. LOL

I was a touring musician for a lot of the 00's-'10 or so, and phones weren't so smart in those days so I was just gone a lot. And then my wife and musical partner got cancer, and after a 5 year battle she passed...that coupled with just how bad KC was before hiring Reid...well, I watched the games, but it was hard to get too worked up about anything Chiefs related.

These are much better times.
Damn bro sorry to hear that happened. You're one of my favorite posters on here
TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.TambaBerry 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:27 AM   #619
Most Valuable Villain

"They reached on Rice. They should have drafted Hyatt."

What makes you say that?

"He was the next best available on Mel Kiper's list and I watched a quick YouTube video of him scoring TDs. He would have thrived in this offense!"

Yeah...but what about Rice?

"He's slow and he drops a lot of passes.'

Where'd you see that?

"I read a quick breakdown on some website and a lot of the talking heads are saying they reached."

Ok.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:34 AM   #620
MVP

Quote:
I havent decided anything.

I've simply said I have questions and potential doubts about a receiver who played against subpar competition that has questionable hands, fumbling issues, struggled to gain separation, and had a dramatic reduction in success when faced against man coverage, especially press coverage.

You act like you didn't get every bit of information on this guy by reading someone elses notes. You weren't the one traveling around scouting SMU games.
No, but, I have looked at game tape and satisfied those questions and doubts for myself, and can compare them to not only the other WR's in this draft, but also WR's from previous drafts. I took a little time, not a ton, mind you-but a little to look at the guys with my own eyes, and also at different scouting reports, which often differ. Different actual scouts see different things, too.

And while no prospect is perfect, everything you've posted as questions and concerns is either nonsense (hands!? LOOK AT THE ****ING TAPE!) or can be cleaned up with some more consistent technique.

But see, you don't want to waste the time to go look for yourself; but I'm supposed to take your opinion as a valid and educated one. It's not.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:35 AM   #621
Pepsi, cheeburger, chip

Quote:
I came over from the Star bulletin board. I'm old. LOL

I was a touring musician for a lot of the 00's-'10 or so, and phones weren't so smart in those days so I was just gone a lot. And then my wife and musical partner got cancer, and after a 5 year battle she passed...that coupled with just how bad KC was before hiring Reid...well, I watched the games, but it was hard to get too worked up about anything Chiefs related.

These are much better times.
Wow brother!
Thanks for sharing. None of us go thru this life unscathed, but that must have been rough.
Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.Toad would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:35 AM   #622
In Search of a Life

Quote:
(hands!? LOOK AT THE ****ING TAPE!) or can be cleaned up with some more consistent technique.
"LOOK AT THE ****ING HIGHLIGHT TAPE!"

Even Matt Cassel has highlight films... in the NFL.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #623
In Search of a Life

Can we not with the "watch the tape" shit?

Youtube cut ups aren't "tape". Not really singling anyone out on that, just always grinds my gears.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:36 AM   #624
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post

What makes you say that?

"He was the next best available on Mel Kiper's list and I watched a quick YouTube video of him scoring TDs. He would have thrived in this offense!"

Where'd you see that?

"I read a quick breakdown on some website and a lot of the talking heads are saying they reached."

Ok.
Not to extrapolate too far, but it's one of the great problems of this age.

All opinions are not equally valid, and we should stop treating them as if they are.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:40 AM   #625
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Can we not with the "watch the tape" shit?

Youtube cut ups aren't "tape".
Yeah, sorry I'm of an age in which tape was actual tape. Not a boomer, but definitely a Gen Xer.

I still use it for recording music when I can. It sounds nice.

It's not film, it's video cut-ups, and neither you, nor I , nor anyone not paid to do so was going to sit down and watch hundreds of hours of all 22 digital video (not tape!).

Cool?

You still get an idea of what guys are, and that's the whole point.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:41 AM   #626
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Yeah, sorry I'm of an age in which tape was actual tape. Not a boomer, but definitely a Gen Xer.

I still use it for recording music when I can. It sounds nice.

It's not film, it's video cut-ups, and neither you, nor I , nor anyone not paid to do so was going to sit down and watch hundreds of hours of all 22 digital video (not tape!).

Cool?

Watching a you tube highlight video, while helpful, isn't really gonna do much for alot of us.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #627
MVP

Quote:
"LOOK AT THE ****ING HIGHLIGHT TAPE!"

Even Matt Cassel has highlight films... in the NFL.

If that is ALL you watch, then no, you don't have a good general idea of what a guy is or isn't.

Cassel couldn't even make an accurate pass to the top of his head with his hat consistently.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:42 AM   #628
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Watching a you tube highlight video, while helpful, isn't really gonna do much for alot of us.
There are full game cut ups out there. It's not anywhere close to the All 22 that scouting departments get but you can at least see every single snap. There doesn't seem to be a ton of it out there unfortunately. I can remember watching Mahomes against LSU in its entirety on YouTube though.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:43 AM   #629
In Search of a Life

Quote:
No you dont.

You could probably throw a dart at any name drafted in the 7th round, or even UDFA's and make a 3 minute film of their highlights and make it look like they should have been a 1st round talent.

All highlight films get you is a look at a players capabilities. That doesn't mean you are going to get a consistent stream of highlights.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:45 AM   #630
Three-Pat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post

What makes you say that?

Where'd you see that?

Ok.
Hopefully no one takes Kiper serious. He is probably the worst out there and looks like a fool year in and year out.
tredadda has disabled reputation