Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2021, 06:52 PM  
It was not a fair catch

*****All Things Weather 2021*****

Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8

Last edited by displacedinMN; 06-11-2021 at 07:38 AM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:50 AM   #601
Veteran

Its gonna be a high of 79 degrees today in Scottsdale, Arizona . Can't complain about that (especially since I was born and raised in Illinois. I definitely don't miss shoveling snow these days)
sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.sully1983 Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:54 AM   #602
You Sweetie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Says their volcanoes are 13k feet, so it doesn't surprise me (granted, I didn't know Hawaii's volcanoes were 13k feet).

Granted, I also live in a state where a lot of people seem to assume is a vast desert wasteland, yet parts get feet of snow (at altitude) every year.
Ever been to the largest mountain in Kansas? Mount Sunflower? ..Gorgeous!!

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:19 AM   #603
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
Ever been to the largest mountain in Kansas? Mount Sunflower? ..Gorgeous!!

I hear that on average 6 people die each year trying to reach the summit.
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 09:38 AM   #604
Be Kind To Your Pets

I saw somewhere that this year is the first year in recorded weather history that Denver did not get any snow before December 1st. Wow.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:49 AM   #605
It was not a fair catch

Buhler-that snowstorm had winds of 90 mph. a record for an inland snowstorm, that was not a hurricane
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:02 AM   #606
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblowfish View Post
I saw somewhere that this year is the first year in recorded weather history that Denver did not get any snow before December 1st. Wow.
November 21 was their previous record.

We haven’t seen an ounce of moisture in months on the plains.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 10:03 AM   #607
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlaChief58 View Post
I hear that on average 6 people die each year trying to reach the summit.
The realize they are in western Kansas and take the easy way out.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:30 PM   #608
It was not a fair catch

webcam on a mountain in Hawaii
https://www.nps.gov/media/webcam/vie...5645F63C96B719
Old 12-04-2021, 12:47 PM   #609
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Few years ago, wife wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs (we're closer to Colorado Springs than KC). Got one of her sisters and her parents to come out to go with us.

She got all worked up about the weather, which I downplayed quite a bit. So we go a day early and get a hotel room and it snows 6 ish inches. We get over to Great Wolf and it starts to snow. The storm that was forecast.

For reasons unbeknownst to reasonable men, my FIL did not get his stuff out of his car. So it's mid-blizzard, people can't get out of the hotel, there's no rooms for them, everything is a fisaco, and here is Buehler445, the good soldier SIL, goes out in a heavy wet blizzard and 80MPH sustained winds.

It sucked. It sucked in new and creative ways. It sucked in man killing ways.

Now, your boy Buehler445 can cowboy up and endure some suck. But wifes sister forgot some makeup case or something so we did the buddy system. I carried all the luggage. She carried this little pack of whatever or something. She about didn't make it, she started slowing down and starts going down. I grabbed her up and told her to keep moving. I shifted the luggage to one hand and kept her up and moving with the free hand.

With the wind abusing me, I wasn't sure I could carry her in if it came to it then go back and get the luggage, I might not have made it.

I don't know what the winds were at that time, but it was in the teeth of the storm. On the way out of Colorado Springs, there were a bunch of power poles broken and a pile of cars in the ditch. I think it's Highway 94, but there is NOTHING on that road, but there were a pile of cars in the ditch.

Yeah, blizzard and 100MPH would suck.

Yeah, but did you get to grab any SIL boob while you were "helping" her?
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:23 PM   #610
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Yeah whiteouts are the worst. I used to drive through anything and looking back, I got pretty lucky. Anymore, I check the forecast and if I see an emergency travel only, I take a pass and wait until things get better.

I also pack one hell of a "just in case" kit in a big old tote, in the back of the truck. Heavy duty sleeping bag, wool blankets, fire starting stuff, several boxes of energy bars, water, etc. If it's really rank and I decide to go, I even toss in my emergency location beacon, in case I get stranded and there is no cell service. While traveling around for sales over the years, I have seen some things, I can't unsee.
That’s probably better than mine. Mine is pretty much my winter mucks, coveralls heavy coat headwear and gloves. I should probably throw in stuff to stay rather than get somewhere.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 01:28 PM   #611
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by displacedinMN View Post
Buhler-that snowstorm had winds of 90 mph. a record for an inland snowstorm, that was not a hurricane
Huh. I didn’t realize it was record winds. That’s not awesome. It was a bad one though. Credit to the wife for dragging my ass out a day early. My stubborn ass wouldn’t have done it. Freaking in-laws. Get your shit out when we check in!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumppy View Post
Yeah, but did you get to grab any SIL boob while you were "helping" her?
Staying alive was primary plus all the clothes. The covert cop a feel would have been more appropriate in the pool. Which I also did not do. LOL.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 12:59 PM   #612
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Hey displaced - got any model runs for this coming storm? TIA

https://www.weather.gov/fsd/winter-weather
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 01:56 PM   #613
It was not a fair catch

Old 12-08-2021, 02:00 PM   #614

Wow that baby really ramps up
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #615

NWS hasn't posted anything like that for fort dodge