Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:31 AM   #601
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
But my opinions are all in print over in the draft forum, beforehand.

People who only walk up afterwards to complain...that's a pretty asshole move.
Stay in the ****ing draft forum then.

You think the asshole move is the majority of people that dont sit in the draft forum every waking hour are entitled to their opinion or able to have a conversation on a verified Chiefs pick when its made.

The real asshole move is a minority draft forum gremlin saying no one is able to discuss the pick unless they spent months discussing the player who may or may not have been selected by the team before it happened.

Last edited by jd1020; 05-02-2023 at 08:36 AM..
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:35 AM   #602
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
And I've been here for 22 years, and in 9 less years you have almost 30% more posts than me, so the issue isn't time spent on the message board.
Holy Shit - you have been...

What did you do for the first 15 years? I swear I thought you popped up in the 2015 range?
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:36 AM   #603
Veteran

Quote:
No, man, I totally have opinions about players and like some over others. And sometimes preferred another to the one Veach took. Happens all of the time.

What irritates me is when guys ONLY have something to say after the fact, or are looking at tape NOW and bitching.

It's like...dude, you're MONTHS behind on the conversation, and now I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously?

I liked Rice a lot, and I'm excited that it seems Veach, Reid, and Mahomes liked him too. That's kind of fun. Yay me! Totally irrelevant, of course, but still fun.

I also liked others, like Tillman, and Mingo. I saw AT Perry as the next tier down, but not 6th round down, so take my opinion for whatever that's worth.

But Mingo, Tillman, Rice-those are all guys I liked in that mid to late second. I wasn't as into Hyatt.

But my opinions are all in print over in the draft forum, beforehand.

People who only walk up afterwards to complain...that's a pretty asshole move.
Yeah i kinda get that. I dunno, I was pretty active, I think, but I don't really mind people coming in late to the party and being exclusively critical. It's all public record. In a couple of years everyone gets to remind me I said I "hated" the Conner pick and laugh and point. As well they should if he pans out. Same for everyone else.

I was the same as you on Hyatt FYI.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:41 AM   #604
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Depending on what you think of Nate, reading his last Athletic article, seems to read that the Chiefs feel they'll get more out of Rice next year than they do this year, which would make sense
A tradition like no other
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #605
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Yeah, we're gonna go thru this whole thing again.

Skyy Moore electric bugaloooo
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:43 AM   #606
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

If you didn’t catch it live, SMU OC Casey Woods was on 810 this morning talking about Rice.

He talked about the broken toe that limited him in 2022, and also about how they prepped Rice.

It sounds like their offense tries to do a lot of things Reid does (every receiver knows the concepts of each receiver position, option routes based on reads) and they moved arrive around in the slot and outside. Which could be really beneficial in helping Rice adjust and pick up faster than the average WR pick.

I think Rice will be a fun fit for KC. I don’t think he’ll be first man up to take over the Smith-Schuster role - that is probably Skyy Moore - but I do think he’ll be a nice weapon when facing single coverage without safety help. His contested catch ability makes him a tough 1x1 matchup.

Moore performed pretty well in that role in a few spots (especially that second Chargers game, his best game of the year), so I’m pretty comfortable/confident they’ll fill that.

I think the best thing with Rice is that he just gives them another option to deal with how a defense is running. He can win 1x1s in a different way. So if a team is doubling Kelce and playing single high, you can use MvS and Rice off of each other to out that safety in the blender.

Rice should also be a good weapon against cover 2 shells and quarters with his body control and ability to make plays in “the Turkey hole” and his YAC skills.

It’s just a great complement. They have WRs now who can create quick separation (Toney and Moore). They have the deep speed guy in MvS. And they now have a physical, contested catch guy who can win back shoulders or snatch slants against sticky coverage.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:46 AM   #607
SuperBowl or bust

Everyone is able to voice their opinion on any topic they like, but uninformed opinions offered up on the internet will always be dismantled,

I’m not shocked that a person like jd1020 is playing the role he is in this conversation.
BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BossChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:48 AM   #608
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Stay in the ****ing draft forum then.

You think the asshole move is the majority of people that dont sit in the draft forum every waking hour are entitled to their opinion or able to have a conversation on a verified Chiefs pick when its made.

The real asshole move is a minority draft forum gremlin saying no one is able to discuss the pick unless they spent months discussing the player who may or may not have been selected by the team before it happened.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:53 AM   #609
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Holy Shit - you have been...

What did you do for the first 15 years? I swear I thought you popped up in the 2015 range?
I came over from the Star bulletin board. I'm old. LOL

I was a touring musician for a lot of the 00's-'10 or so, and phones weren't so smart in those days so I was just gone a lot. And then my wife and musical partner got cancer, and after a 5 year battle she passed...that coupled with just how bad KC was before hiring Reid...well, I watched the games, but it was hard to get too worked up about anything Chiefs related.

These are much better times.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:54 AM   #610
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
If you didn’t catch it live, SMU OC Casey Woods was on 810 this morning talking about Rice.

He talked about the broken toe that limited him in 2022, and also about how they prepped Rice.

It sounds like their offense tries to do a lot of things Reid does (every receiver knows the concepts of each receiver position, option routes based on reads) and they moved arrive around in the slot and outside. Which could be really beneficial in helping Rice adjust and pick up faster than the average WR pick.

I think Rice will be a fun fit for KC. I don’t think he’ll be first man up to take over the Smith-Schuster role - that is probably Skyy Moore - but I do think he’ll be a nice weapon when facing single coverage without safety help. His contested catch ability makes him a tough 1x1 matchup.

Moore performed pretty well in that role in a few spots (especially that second Chargers game, his best game of the year), so I’m pretty comfortable/confident they’ll fill that.

I think the best thing with Rice is that he just gives them another option to deal with how a defense is running. He can win 1x1s in a different way. So if a team is doubling Kelce and playing single high, you can use MvS and Rice off of each other to out that safety in the blender.

Rice should also be a good weapon against cover 2 shells and quarters with his body control and ability to make plays in “the Turkey hole” and his YAC skills.

It’s just a great complement. They have WRs now who can create quick separation (Toney and Moore). They have the deep speed guy in MvS. And they now have a physical, contested catch guy who can win back shoulders or snatch slants against sticky coverage.
I think this is right, but I wouldn't be surprised if he took a decent number of those JJSS snaps. If Rice's 10-20 yrd speed allows him early separation and his body control, hands and strength allow him to win late, that's the upper ceiling. If he has a Moore-like season I wouldn't mind at all, assuming though that Moore does step up.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:02 AM   #611
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossChief View Post
Everyone is able to voice their opinion on any topic they like, but uninformed opinions offered up on the internet will always be dismantled,

I’m not shocked that a person like jd1020 is playing the role he is in this conversation.
You have to have proof to dismantle something. Proof is something you draftubators dont have. You only have opinions, like everyone else.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:11 AM   #612
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
Yeah i kinda get that. I dunno, I was pretty active, I think, but I don't really mind people coming in late to the party and being exclusively critical. It's all public record. In a couple of years everyone gets to remind me I said I "hated" the Conner pick and laugh and point. As well they should if he pans out. Same for everyone else.

I was the same as you on Hyatt FYI.
I just don't have a lot of patience for willfully uneducated complaining. Like, you know, if you're interested in the draft, go look at some guys at positions you might like to see get taken. If you've got time to shitpost, you've got time to browse some scouting reports and look a few highlight reels at least.

If you're just shitposting after the fact, then no, your opinion is not an educated one. You ignored months of discussion not just here, but on every football outlet and only now want to sling shit and act like your opinion should have some weight.

And it just doesn't.

Not attacking you at all, you're not shitposting or actlng like you're more informed than you are. But some guys are, and that shit's annoying.

And not surprisingly, they're the same guys that are always negative about every-****ing-thing. You'd think we were still in the Pioli years or something.

Anyhoo, yeah, I like Rice, and while I wasn't the first CP'er on that train, I was really happy when we took him, although I also would've been happy with a few other guys in that area of the draft.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 09:17 AM   #613
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Outside of the unicorn Hill who still got limited snaps at times, Reid seems to like to take his time with rookie WR's.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:21 AM   #614
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
You have to have proof to dismantle something. Proof is something you draftubators dont have. You only have opinions, like everyone else.
Don't act like we're supposed to respect your answers after the test.
Old 05-02-2023, 09:22 AM   #615
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Don't act like we're supposed to respect your answers after the test.
Is that suppose to be some kind of gotchya analogy?

You dont even have the test results yet. If you fail the test does it matter how much you ****ing studied?

If this guy busts are you going to be the one to bump the thread in 3 years?