Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 11-18-2018, 05:22 PM  
Beyond the Rapids

"All-star" officiating crew for Rams-Chiefs game

NFL ups intensity with all-star officials for Rams-Chiefs game

Kevin Seifert
ESPN.com NFL Nation

The NFL took the unusual step this week of assigning an "all-star" officiating crew to the most highly anticipated game of the season, adding to the playofflike frenzy for Monday night's matchup between the Kansas City Chiefs and Los Angeles Rams.

Referee Clete Blakeman will work the game with only two members of his regular crew, umpire Ramon George and down judge Dana McKenzie. The other five officials -- including Jim Lapetina, who will handle replay -- were plucked from four other crews.

The approach is similar to how the NFL assigns officials to playoff games, a process that is based on performance and seniority rather than crew. But it is rarely, if ever, employed before the postseason. Officials typically work on the same eight-person crews throughout the regular season to maximize continuity and familiarity among members.

Individual crew members are occasionally juggled for health or scheduling reasons. But a series of actions this season have indicated the league is moving away from the consistent crew concept, in favor of a more aggressive administration of officiating. Earlier this season, the league bounced down judge Hugo Cruz among four crews before ultimately making him its first-ever official to be fired for performance during the season.

NFL spokesman Michael Signora confirmed Sunday that "there is a rotation amongst the crews throughout the season." Signora did not provide details on the decision to overhaul Blakeman's crew for Monday night's game.

An officiating source said Sunday that the five officials added to Monday night's crew are all highly respected and have performed well this season.

The Chiefs-Rams game, originally scheduled to be played in Mexico City before it was relocated to Los Angeles, is a rare matchup. Since 1970, there have been only four other games pitting teams with one or fewer losses this late in the season. And according to the Elias Sports Bureau, this is the latest matchup ever between two teams averaging at least 33 points per game.

The following is the full crew for Monday night's game, as listed on the official flip card published by the NFL, with the officials' permanent referee in parentheses:

Referee: Clete Blakeman

Umpire: Ramon George (Blakeman)

Down judge: Dana McKenzie (Blakeman)

Line judge: Rusty Baynes (John Hussey)

Field judge: Dale Shaw (Jerome Boger)

Side judge: Brad Freeman (Clay Martin)

Back judge: Tony Steratore (Boger)

Replay: Jim Lapetina (Brad Allen)

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...ff-rams-chiefs
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:13 PM   #601
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Well we've been alienated from a SB appearance for 48 years.
Believe me I am quite aware of that since I jumped on their bandwagon when they won it.

But the man at the top needs to handle things like a professional IMO. If he doesn't the whole organization is ****ed.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:15 PM   #602
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Believe me I am quite aware of that since I jumped on their bandwagon when they won it.

But the man at the top needs to handle things like a professional IMO. If he doesn't the whole organization is ****ed.
Like I said Cowboys owner is a loud mouth, that team hasn't been relevant going on 25 years. Glory's thought process on this is just a bunch of loud bluster based on nothing but emotion.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:29 PM   #603
(Sir/Yes Sir/Aye Aye Sir)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post

"Professionally" Why does that always mean "take it in the ass, don't whine, and don't do anything about it"? The man/men at the top seem to have let their "professionalism" get us to 48 years of no SB. Perhaps they might try something other than letting their team get ****ed while they walk away with millions upon millions. Unfortunately your description of professional and people who don't give a shit just happen to present themselves exactly the same.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:31 PM   #604
I've Made a Huge Mistake

Quote:
I just want to know how the NFL scores their officials and where each ranks. With a sport the "stat'd" to the nth degree, is that too much to ask? If not, what are they hiding?
That's a whole different question altogether. I'd be right there with you on that one. I personally would love it if officials also made statements after the game. I think European soccer does it if I remember correctly. I guess it might make the mob even more angry, but for me I would actually be able to get over calls if I actually heard the human being explain himself.
NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.NJChiefsFan has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:32 PM   #605

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcellus View Post
Like I said Cowboys owner is a loud mouth, that team hasn't been relevant going on 25 years. Glory's thought process on this is just a bunch of loud bluster based on nothing but emotion.
GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.GloryDayz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #606
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I'm not wrong dude, you are just jilted for some reason, You take every single chance you have to bash Clark and I am 100% certain you were part of the "Chiefs will never draft a QB in the 1st round" crowd.

When you are wrong sometimes just admit you are wrong, you double down.
Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.Marcellus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 07:35 PM   #607

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
That's a whole different question altogether. I'd be right there with you on that one. I personally would love it if officials also made statements after the game. I think European soccer does it if I remember correctly. I guess it might make the mob even more angry, but for me I would actually be able to get over calls if I actually heard the human being explain himself.
Having them speak and take questions would be a watermelon-sized cherry on top, but for now I'd just like to see how the NFL scores their officials, and where each ranks. But alas, all the speaking they do is done with a yellow flag with no apparent repercussions.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:38 PM   #608
Diablo Negro

Quote:
Having them speak and take questions would be a watermelon-sized cherry on top, but for now I'd just like to see how the NFL scores their officials, and where each ranks. But alas, all the speaking they do is done with a yellow flag with no apparent repercussions.
Thats not an unreasonable idea as much shit as I give you about other ideas.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:47 PM   #609

Quote:
I'm not wrong dude, you are just jilted for some reason, You take every single chance you have to bash Clark and I am 100% certain you were part of the "Chiefs will never draft a QB in the 1st round" crowd.

When you are wrong sometimes just admit you are wrong, you double down.
I'll admit it, I doubted they would take a QB in the first round. And man did they get a winner. WOW!!! It still doesn't change my opinion of the Hunt family, I don't think Clark cares too much about a SB, not as much as the fan base, and not as much as the cash he gets for being alive. He's a pawn in the owner's group, they know if he gets paid, he'll play more of an NPC role in their game.
Old 11-22-2018, 07:54 PM   #610
Diablo Negro

Quote:
I'll admit it, I doubted they would take a QB in the first round. And man did they get a winner. WOW!!! It still doesn't change my opinion of the Hunt family, I don't think Clark cares too much about a SB, not as much as the fan base, and not as much as the cash he gets for being alive. He's a pawn in the owner's group, they know if he gets paid, he'll play more of an NPC role in their game.
Meh you are just literally making shit up in your head.

One of your "opinions" of the Hunt family already got ****ing steam rolled because they drafted a QB at #10 which would be enough but they also traded another 1st rounder to do it. 2 1st rounders for a QB. I mean thats like being as wrong as you can be about something.

Somehow that hasn't made you question your other beliefs on the same subject. Think about that.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:00 PM   #611
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan View Post
This is directed at everyone, but NJChiefsFan's comment made me think about it.

We know that no human being is perfect, so we can't reasonably expect 100 percent accuracy and consistency on officials' calls. If we fed truth serum to officials and then interviewed them, they'd admit on some calls that they messed up. Even if they don't, a detailed review would show errors on some calls.

So recognizing that we can't find a perfect official, what's the minimum accuracy rate that's acceptable? Is it 90%? 95%? 99%? 99.0%? Assume that these are errors that aren't corrected via review.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:05 PM   #612
WhatUneed2Hear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
This is directed at everyone, but NJChiefsFan's comment made me think about it.

We know that no human being is perfect, so we can't reasonably expect 100 percent accuracy and consistency on officials' calls. If we fed truth serum to officials and then interviewed them, they'd admit on some calls that they messed up. Even if they don't, a detailed review would show errors on some calls.

So recognizing that we can't find a perfect official, what's the minimum accuracy rate that's acceptable? Is it 90%? 95%? 99%? 99.0%? Assume that these are errors that aren't corrected via review.
It would be easier to swallow if it weren't 90% of the blown calls against one team or for another. Just sayin' man.
Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.Imon Yourside is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:06 PM   #613
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:

One of your "opinions" of the Hunt family already got ****ing steam rolled because they drafted a QB at #10 which would be enough but they also traded another 1st rounder to do it. 2 1st rounders for a QB. I mean thats like being as wrong as you can be about something.

Somehow that hasn't made you question your other beliefs on the same subject. Think about that.
Hunt has thrown money at the best gm prospect at the time. When that didn't work, he threw money to get the best available coach. And the after that, he gave the go ahead to trade 2 first rounders for our franchise QB.

I don't see how you can criticize Hunt for anything. At worst, he's tried really hard for get us to a championship.
Posted via Mobile Device
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-22-2018, 08:08 PM   #614

Quote:

They took a great QB at #10 and you're mad at me? Wow!

And my beliefs are a result of trying to figure out how the Hunt family could have failed in the business' ultimate goal, or even playing in it, for 48 years.

Why do you always dismiss those 48 years in your replies? If you don't you never type it. Just too painful? Leads you to conclusions that aren't comfortable? If your hero is Clark Hunt, what about the years between 1970 and when Clark took over in 2006/7? What happened in those 36 years? Just bad luck?
Old 11-22-2018, 08:09 PM   #615
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER_CLOWN View Post
It would be easier to swallow if it weren't 90% of the blown calls against one team or for another. Just sayin' man.
That's a good point. So maybe the key isn't improving officiating, but being sure that it's consistent. I don't know if that's easier to solve, but it might be.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.