Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-28-2023, 06:41 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Rashee Rice Thread*****

More to come!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-01-2023 at 11:09 PM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:46 AM   #586
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Detoxing View Post
If you were pining to keep JJSS and you don't like this pick, i'm not sure what to do with you. This guy can do everything JuJu did except he's a little faster, a little more explosive and doesn't come with the injury baggage.

The Chiefs needed a workhorse WR. A big bodied guy who who can develop into a full time snap eater and be productive underneath. Andy has always had one.

Toney, Ritchie, Moore...MVS....none of them are that guy.

Which is why i wasn't sold on the smaller, shiftier guys being the Chiefs selection, as much of a fan i am of that type.
I was one who wanted to keep JuJu. After seeing these highlights of Rice, I feel much better. Kid looks like he could be a star.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:48 AM   #587
I Like The Kansas City Chiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Most of the draft forum nerds (like me) have been on Rice for quite a while. kccrow was the first guy on him.

The common theme there was that he was a contested catch monster who had YAC ability and, with improved route running to unlock more short- and intermediate-separation ability, he was one of the few WRs in the draft with the ability to develop into a complete, #1 X receiver.

I disagree that the Chiefs won’t ever have the picks to get an all-around receiver. DeAndre Hopkins was the #27 pick. Stafon Diggs was a Day 3 pick.
Amon-Ra St Brown was a 4th round pick. Juju was a late second round pick. Chris Godwin was a 3rd round pick.

Those guys are out there late in the draft. With Mahomes at QB and carrying 6 WRs, there’s a strong argument to draft a WR between the 2nd and 5th round almost every year.

Address it with volume, and eventually Veach will hit a few home runs.
smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.smithandrew051 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:49 AM   #588
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd1020 View Post
Some people choose to not close the door, shut the blinds, and turn off the lights for 3 months to "study" 300 draft prospects through 3 minute long YouTube highlight reels.

Others do choose to do that just so they can have the glory of saying they were in on someone first on a forum like it's an audition for a front office job. It worked for Mayock, so I wish you all the best.

But for me, I couldn't be bothered to give a **** about a player until AFTER the fact of the Chiefs actually drafting them.
I promise you, I have a full and busy life, and did not study 300 draft prospects. I ran mock drafts over my morning coffee, and looked at tape of guys slotted in specific rounds, primarily the first four. Over a couple of months, you start to see patterns.

If all you want to do is bitch after the fact, then yeah, you should be prepared to receive a bunch of SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN BRETT VEACH, ANDY REID AND PATRICK MAHOMES?! responses because that's what you deserve at that point.

And I've been here for 22 years, and in 9 less years you have almost 30% more posts than me, so the issue isn't time spent on the message board.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:52 AM   #589
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I promise you, I have a full and busy life, and did not study 300 draft prospects. I ran mock drafts over my morning coffee, and looked at tape of guys slotted in specific rounds, primarily the first four. Over a couple of months, you start to see patterns.

If all you want to do is bitch after the fact, then yeah, you should be prepared to receive a bunch of SO YOU THINK YOU KNOW MORE THAN BRETT VEACH, ANDY REID AND PATRICK MAHOMES?! responses because that's what you deserve at that point.
Yes, I am entitled to my opinion of a player. Veach while great, isn't batting 1.000.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:53 AM   #590
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic View Post
The punt return was a nice play, and the TD catch was all Andy Reid.

Moore had one of the most disappointing seasons I can remember. There were times where it clearly looked like he didn't understand where he was supposed to be on the field. He cause 2 interceptions, and could barely field a punt. When he was waiting on the punt in the SB, my guess is most Chiefs fans said a silent prayer begging him not to fumble.

Just because he made a play in the SB doesn't erase how poorly he played all season. I initially hated the pick, and after listening to staylor and meck, I decided that he was a great fit for the offense. The reality is that going from lesser college competition to the NFL, and learning Reid's offense, was a real struggle for him.

But, he was a rookie, and with Mahomes at QB, I feel confident he will be much better next season. But you just can't act like he played well last season based on a single play.
True, he was disappointing for much of the season. However, he did start to come around late in the season and in the playoffs. And I agree that he should be much better this season.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:57 AM   #591
MVP

Quote:
Yes, I am entitled to my opinion of a player. Veach while great, isn't batting 1.000.
SO YOU THINK YOU ARE SMARTER THAN BRETT VEACH, ANDY REID, AND PATRICK MAHOMES?!

Yes, apparently.

back seat driver.
Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chris Meck is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 07:58 AM   #592
MVP

The excitement in his voice - he is gonna be special for this team...

DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-02-2023, 07:58 AM   #593
In Search of a Life

Quote:

Yes, apparently.

back seat driver.
You're a ****ing dumbass.

You are just butthurt that I'm questioning a player you are balls deep on.

You act like you've never second guessed a pick.

Get off your drafturbator high horse and suck its dick.
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:00 AM   #594
MVP

Quote:
You're a ****ing dumbass.

You are just butthurt that I'm questioning a player you are balls deep on.

You act like you've never second guessed a pick.

Get off your drafturbator high horse and suck its dick.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:05 AM   #595
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
I want to say that most of the hate with this pick is because people are locked onto this whole WR1 thing. They want that alpha WR that is going to soak up 120 targets a season. That's not happening in this offense....at least not now. Kelce is your alpha and will be until he slows down. This team just proved that you don't need a true WR1 to have a high scoring offense.

Well said.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:08 AM   #596
Veteran

Quote:

Yes, apparently.

back seat driver.
You must have not liked at least 1 Veach pick, and preferred guys he didn't take. We've all been back seat drivers for the past few months discussing the draft.

I'm not having a go at you, I don't mind this pick at all, i quite like it, but I genuinely do not get how this is supposed to work if nobody second guesses any pick. I like people telling me why a pick has been made and why I'm too high or low on someone, that's what's making me come round on Rice. I just don't get the "you think you're smarter than Veach" stuff.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:11 AM   #597
Veteran

Quote:
Some of you guys only have opinions AFTER the fact, which I can tell you is pretty frustrating to all of us here that actually deep dive BEFORE the draft-and while we may not be professional scouts, many have shown a pretty good eye in previous years. Maybe next year you can join the draft forum beforehand and look at the prospects. But since some of you didn't, let me tell you something that you may not know.

This was not a draft full of first round WR's. The only bona-fide first rounder on pretty much anyone's board was Smith-Nigba, and even he had an injury concern. ALL of the rest had some questions.

Does that mean that there are no stars in this WR class? No, not necessarily. It just means that there are rough spots in everyone's tape that need work. It means there weren't any perfectly polished diamonds, not that there aren't any diamonds in the rough. Top receivers can and often do come from places other than the first round.

So this year, it was a question of 1)What skill-set are you looking for, 2)Where in the draft do you need to get that guy, and 3)Do you feel the rough spots are fixable or worth the risk?

So you can argue that you don't like a specific guy, and that you wanted this other guy over here, but if you're arguing for a smaller type, you were not on the same page as KC, which has a couple of those.

If you want to argue that you liked Tillman more or whomever, then that's fair, although again, if you just came here to bitch after the fact, it's pretty damned irritating because many of us hashed this stuff over for months beforehand.
I missed this post, fair enough, think it largely answers my question. I tried to be involved in the draft forum but to be honest in didn't love any of the WRs so didn't care too much about which one we got
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 05-02-2023, 08:15 AM   #598
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Most of the draft forum nerds (like me) have been on Rice for quite a while. kccrow was the first guy on him.

The common theme there was that he was a contested catch monster who had YAC ability and, with improved route running to unlock more short- and intermediate-separation ability, he was one of the few WRs in the draft with the ability to develop into a complete, #1 X receiver.

I disagree that the Chiefs won’t ever have the picks to get an all-around receiver. DeAndre Hopkins was the #27 pick. Stafon Diggs was a Day 3 pick.
I was on the forums so I know a lot of people liked him. Some people mentioned him as having long speed which I never saw and I think I was the same as you in seeing different players dependent on which year I watched. Oh I'm not saying it's impossible to get that all-around receiver, just hard, and the next best option is to find a specific skillset you think your group lacks, imo
Old 05-02-2023, 08:20 AM   #599
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPH83 View Post
I missed this post, fair enough, think it largely answers my question. I tried to be involved in the draft forum but to be honest in didn't love any of the WRs so didn't care too much about which one we got
No, man, I totally have opinions about players and like some over others. And sometimes preferred another to the one Veach took. Happens all of the time.

What irritates me is when guys ONLY have something to say after the fact, or are looking at tape NOW and bitching.

It's like...dude, you're MONTHS behind on the conversation, and now I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously?

I liked Rice a lot, and I'm excited that it seems Veach, Reid, and Mahomes liked him too. That's kind of fun. Yay me! Totally irrelevant, of course, but still fun.

I also liked others, like Tillman, and Mingo. I saw AT Perry as the next tier down, but not 6th round down, so take my opinion for whatever that's worth.

But Mingo, Tillman, Rice-those are all guys I liked in that mid to late second. I wasn't as into Hyatt.

But my opinions are all in print over in the draft forum, beforehand.

People who only walk up afterwards to complain...that's a pretty asshole move.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2023, 08:31 AM   #600
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
No, man, I totally have opinions about players and like some over others. And sometimes preferred another to the one Veach took. Happens all of the time.

What irritates me is when guys ONLY have something to say after the fact, or are looking at tape NOW and bitching.

It's like...dude, you're MONTHS behind on the conversation, and now I'm supposed to take your opinion seriously?

I liked Rice a lot, and I'm excited that it seems Veach, Reid, and Mahomes liked him too. That's kind of fun. Yay me! Totally irrelevant, of course, but still fun.

I also liked others, like Tillman, and Mingo. I saw AT Perry as the next tier down, but not 6th round down, so take my opinion for whatever that's worth.

But Mingo, Tillman, Rice-those are all guys I liked in that mid to late second. I wasn't as into Hyatt.

But my opinions are all in print over in the draft forum, beforehand.

People who only walk up afterwards to complain...that's a pretty asshole move.
And that's my biggest pet peeve. For all the talk about how the "drafturbators" are out here shouting down everyone's opinions...it's complete bullshit. None of that crap happened in the draft thread. What we did do was call out bullshit like "Hyatt was right there....Rice could have been there in the 3rd". None of these ****s talking out their ass know anything but will scream from the mountain tops like they do.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote