Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-25-2023, 08:29 PM   #586
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefspants View Post
Clay did you try giving the dog an edible?
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:30 PM   #587
I'll be back.

that thing tried to turn copper into dogmeat, pal!

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:53 PM   #588
Fight, build, win!

This was posted today on my Nextdoor feed. The dog was playing
I think that one wrong move by the little boy could have been disaster. The dog has been running in the area and no one knows its owner it seems. It was doing what it was bred to do attack the head and neck region.

https://nextdoor.com/p/RNm3qYd2DR4k?...ExNjQzMw%3D%3D
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:24 PM   #589
Broncos Suck

These animals are bred for violence and are only going to be so domesticated.
Enid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutEnid Borden is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-25-2023, 11:21 PM   #590
I'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
I think that one wrong move by the little boy could have been disaster. The dog has been running in the area and no one knows its owner it seems. It was doing what it was bred to do attack the head and neck region.

Old 10-25-2023, 11:24 PM   #591
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post

Dang, that's scary to see. That dog was one bad mood away from killing that kid.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2023, 04:17 AM   #592
Politically Incorrect

There are very few threads on CP that I don't want to see bumped. This one is near the top.

Nothing but sad and tragic stories.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 12:18 PM   #593
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Ten Beers View Post
I count all of the CP pit owners I have any knowledge of, as in the "good hearted but naive" category on this issue... you, Dole, Lzen, Mahomes, whoever else... you all seem like normal people who try and do right with socializing, and just being decent people overall with your animals

Hell my ex wife, a 20 year paralegal from a fairly wealthy family who lives in a big fancy house has TWO, still can't believe she'd go for that when I knew her but thats another story... but the bottom line is you're arguments aren't persuasive with the vast majority of people

A lab snaps on you you're gonna get hurt but likely live, thats just NOT true with pits and rots... you guys have had success in raising them, what about people who haven't? You cannot avoid the fact they are prone to snapping with horrible consequences

You guys never want to acknowledge that they can and DO snap with alarming frequency, dear heavens I wish that Mahomes rumor wasn't true with two tykes running around
1. Your chances of being murdered in this country are 8 in 100k. Your chances of dying from a dog are literally 1 in 10M. We don't have a dog problem, we have a people problem and a media problem.

2. Calling people naive who have the breed, many for most of their life when you have zero experience is what is naive. Funny fact, almost all of the people who are the most vocal about breed legislation have never owned the breeds they are all worked up about and lecture everyone else.

3. I don't think ChiefsPlanet is a good indication of the vast majority of people. I could give you endless examples of the point I am about to make but I will spare you and just give one. One of my best friends is an executive at Google. She has parties all the time with a lot of people attending that bring children. She has a pitbull. I asked if anyone ever had a problem with that, she said no. Tons of kids. I'll bet Patrick Mahomes never has a problem with guests bringing over their kids as well.

4. The Mahomes thing isn't a rumor. They post pictures of their dogs all the time.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-26-2023, 01:51 PM   #594
Veteran

Found an interesting article, so thought I'd drop a link here. I personally haven't had any interactions with a Pitbull, so I don't have an opinion. I do think I'd be cautious based on everything stated in the linked article though.

Full article: Pit Bulls: Facts and Figures

Some interesting parts from the article:
Quote:
Pit bulls are disliked by most Americans
Americans believe that pit bulls are at least somewhat dangerous and that a family with small children should not harbor a pit bull. (YouGov.us, Poll Results: Pit Bulls, July 24, 2014, https://today.yougov.com/news/2014/0...sults-pit-bull.)

Pit bulls remain in shelters approximately three times as long as other breeds. (Lisa M. Gunter, Rebecca T. Barber, Clive D. L. Wynne, What’s in a Name? Effect of Breed Perceptions & Labeling on Attractiveness, Adoptions & Length of Stay for Pit-Bull-Type Dogs, http://journals.plos.org/plosone/art...l.pone.0146857).

Pit bulls bite more humans than other breeds
From February 2013 to the present, animal control agencies and health departments in 19 U.S. states report that pit bulls are leading all breeds in biting incidents. The studies are summarized and linked at Dogsbite.org, Pit Bulls Lead “Bite” Counts Across U.S. Cities and Counties, http://blog.dogsbite.org/2009/07/pit...across-us.html.

In the 10 years from 2009 to 2018, pit bulls killed or maimed 3,569 people in the USA and Canada. (Merritt Clifton, Dog Attack Deaths & Maimings, U.S. & Canada, 1982-2018 Log.) They killed over 80% of all Americans who are killed by dogs. (Colleen Lynn, 2015 U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities, at http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-sta...ities-2015.php.)

Pit bull owners are more likely to be irresponsible
Published, peer-reviewed studies in authoritative journals of psychology and forensic science establish that pit bull owners as a whole — statistically — are more likely to be socially deviant, engage in crimes involving children, domestic violence, alcohol abuse, and violent crimes against other persons. (Jaclyn E. Barnes, Barbara W. Boat, Frank W. Putnam, Harold F. Dates, and Andrew R. Mahlman, Ownership of High-Risk (“Vicious”) Dogs As a Marker for Deviant Behaviors, J. Interpersonal Violence, Volume 21 Number 12, December 2006 1616-1634, abstract at http://www.ncbi..nih.gov/pubmed/17065657; Laurie Ragatz M.A., William Fremouw Ph.D., Tracy Thomas M.A., Katrina McCoy B.S., Vicious Dogs: The Antisocial Behaviors and Psychological Characteristics of Owners, Journal of Forensic Sciences, Volume 54, Issue 3, pages 699–703, May 2009, abstract at http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/1...01.x/abstract; Allison M. Schenk, B.A.; Laurie L. Ragatz, M.S.; and William J. Fremouw, Ph.D., A.B.P.P., Vicious Dogs Part 2: Criminal Thinking, Callousness, and Personality Styles of Their Owners, J Forensic Sci, January 2012, Vol. 57, No. 1, doi: 10.1111/j.1556-4029.2011.01961.x, available online at: onlinelibrary.wiley.com.)
stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.stanleychief has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 02:01 PM   #595
Ain't no relax!

Over 40% of pits in dog shelters end up euthanized. They have the highest surrender rate by far. And because nobody else will trust a grown pit at the shelter, they're mostly put down. Pitbull owners tend to be irresponsible, so it's difficult to trust. Especially when they are capable of such damage. They are a serious drain on the dog adoption system.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-26-2023, 02:07 PM   #596
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Over 40% of pits in dog shelters end up euthanized. They have the highest surrender rate by far. And because nobody else will trust a grown pit at the shelter, they're mostly put down. Pitbull owners tend to be irresponsible, so it's difficult to trust. Especially when they are capable of such damage. They are a serious drain on the dog adoption system.
Has anyone recently mentioned that you’re a brainwashed idiot?
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 02:22 PM   #597
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Dole View Post
Has anyone recently mentioned that you’re a brainwashed idiot?
Pitbulls are the most surrendered breed. They are the most euthanized breed. There's reason for those numbers, whether you want to believe it or not.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 03:53 PM   #598
King Shit of **** Mountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Pitbulls are the most surrendered breed. They are the most euthanized breed. There's reason for those numbers, whether you want to believe it or not.
Oh, I completely realize it’s the media, people like you and their wonderful ordinances that drive the numbers you want to spout.

My outdoor cat is more vicious than my Pittie. You should show up at the house unannounced some time. We’ll have a beer.
Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bob Dole is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:24 PM   #599
New and Improved

And another child killed by the "family dog". The Pit Bull mix "never showed any signs of aggression".

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/wa...fa4a3fd4&ei=32

Washington State 4-year-old boy attacked, killed by family dog on Halloween, police say

A four year old was killed after a vicious attack by a family dog on Halloween night in Spokane, Washington.

The Spokane Police Department said officers responded to the attack a little past 8:00 p.m. on Tuesday night.

Roger Hammers who lived next door told NBC Right Now that a set of grandparents lived there with their grandson.

Start the day smarter. Get all the news you need in your inbox each morning.

"We didn't hear the attack, we didn't hear anything like that,” Hammers said. “We didn't hear anything until grandpa came out and was looking for someone to help."

Hammers, a nurse went over and saw the child in his grandmothers arms, surrounded by blood.

"It was incredibly difficult to watch that little guy fight for his life,” Roger Hammers said.
The grandmother was applying pressure to stop the bleeding. Hammers girlfriend was already on the phone with 911 and Hammers at that point told her to tell them it was critical. They were there minutes later.

The dog was "severely injured and beyond help" in the attempts to rescue the 4-year-old, police said. It was euthanized on the scene.

The child was taken to the hospital but died as a result of the injuries.

Heather Sandy, who lives next door told KXLY she's known the family for six years and the child was "their whole life."

"This little boy, he's got he's full of energy," Sandy said. "He was kind, loving."

Hammers told NBC Right Now, that the dog, a Pitbull mix, never showed any signs of aggression before.

"My dog and their dog would bark back and forth, I could reach over the fence and pet the dog, the little kid played in the backyard with the dog all the time,” Hammers said. “And that dog never showed any signs of being aggressive – so I don't know what happened inside the house."

Police said they don't suspect that any "criminality" was involved. This was just a "tragic" accident.

"It's a tragedy. It’s terrible. I'm very sorry to hear that he didn't make it,” Hammers said.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 11-02-2023, 01:55 PM   #600
Forever Royal

Hamsters are vicious little things. Way more dangerous than that gentle giant pit bull.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.