Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 01-31-2021, 06:52 PM  
It was not a fair catch

*****All Things Weather 2021*****

Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8

Last edited by displacedinMN; 06-11-2021 at 07:38 AM..
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:35 AM   #586
The Maintenance Guy

Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:39 AM   #587
The Maintenance Guy

Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:43 AM   #588
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Thanks bug!
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:44 AM   #589
The Maintenance Guy

Being trapped in that elevator with the water rising had to be a particularly harrowing experience.
Old 08-10-2021, 07:45 AM   #590
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

That was f'd up
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-12-2021, 08:14 PM   #591
In Search of a Life

Got a line of storms moving across Kansas tonight. Hail and high winds. Possible tornado or two.
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 12-03-2021, 08:52 PM   #592
Ain't no relax!

Umm... WTF?

Hawaii under blizzard warning as 12 inches of snow and winds up to 100 mph expected
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2021, 09:00 PM   #593
It was not a fair catch

Snow in HI is not unusual. Especially in the upper levels of the mountains.
I cant wait for the videos from this storm
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:18 PM   #594
Would an idiot do that?

Says their volcanoes are 13k feet, so it doesn't surprise me (granted, I didn't know Hawaii's volcanoes were 13k feet).

Granted, I also live in a state where a lot of people seem to assume is a vast desert wasteland, yet parts get feet of snow (at altitude) every year.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 10:41 PM   #595
Ain't no relax!

Snow doesn't really surprise me. But a 100MPH snowstorm would be pretty shitty...
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-03-2021, 11:41 PM   #596
In Search of a Life

Record highs the last few days- this December is starting out great!
Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Halfcan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:31 AM   #597
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
Snow doesn't really surprise me. But a 100MPH snowstorm would be pretty shitty...
Few years ago, wife wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs (we're closer to Colorado Springs than KC). Got one of her sisters and her parents to come out to go with us.

She got all worked up about the weather, which I downplayed quite a bit. So we go a day early and get a hotel room and it snows 6 ish inches. We get over to Great Wolf and it starts to snow. The storm that was forecast.

For reasons unbeknownst to reasonable men, my FIL did not get his stuff out of his car. So it's mid-blizzard, people can't get out of the hotel, there's no rooms for them, everything is a fisaco, and here is Buehler445, the good soldier SIL, goes out in a heavy wet blizzard and 80MPH sustained winds.

It sucked. It sucked in new and creative ways. It sucked in man killing ways.

Now, your boy Buehler445 can cowboy up and endure some suck. But wifes sister forgot some makeup case or something so we did the buddy system. I carried all the luggage. She carried this little pack of whatever or something. She about didn't make it, she started slowing down and starts going down. I grabbed her up and told her to keep moving. I shifted the luggage to one hand and kept her up and moving with the free hand.

With the wind abusing me, I wasn't sure I could carry her in if it came to it then go back and get the luggage, I might not have made it.

I don't know what the winds were at that time, but it was in the teeth of the storm. On the way out of Colorado Springs, there were a bunch of power poles broken and a pile of cars in the ditch. I think it's Highway 94, but there is NOTHING on that road, but there were a pile of cars in the ditch.

Yeah, blizzard and 100MPH would suck.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:14 AM   #598
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Few years ago, wife wanted to go to Great Wolf Lodge in Colorado Springs (we're closer to Colorado Springs than KC). Got one of her sisters and her parents to come out to go with us.

She got all worked up about the weather, which I downplayed quite a bit. So we go a day early and get a hotel room and it snows 6 ish inches. We get over to Great Wolf and it starts to snow. The storm that was forecast.

For reasons unbeknownst to reasonable men, my FIL did not get his stuff out of his car. So it's mid-blizzard, people can't get out of the hotel, there's no rooms for them, everything is a fisaco, and here is Buehler445, the good soldier SIL, goes out in a heavy wet blizzard and 80MPH sustained winds.

It sucked. It sucked in new and creative ways. It sucked in man killing ways.

Now, your boy Buehler445 can cowboy up and endure some suck. But wifes sister forgot some makeup case or something so we did the buddy system. I carried all the luggage. She carried this little pack of whatever or something. She about didn't make it, she started slowing down and starts going down. I grabbed her up and told her to keep moving. I shifted the luggage to one hand and kept her up and moving with the free hand.

With the wind abusing me, I wasn't sure I could carry her in if it came to it then go back and get the luggage, I might not have made it.

I don't know what the winds were at that time, but it was in the teeth of the storm. On the way out of Colorado Springs, there were a bunch of power poles broken and a pile of cars in the ditch. I think it's Highway 94, but there is NOTHING on that road, but there were a pile of cars in the ditch.

Yeah, blizzard and 100MPH would suck.

Yeah whiteouts are the worst. I used to drive through anything and looking back, I got pretty lucky. Anymore, I check the forecast and if I see an emergency travel only, I take a pass and wait until things get better.

I also pack one hell of a "just in case" kit in a big old tote, in the back of the truck. Heavy duty sleeping bag, wool blankets, fire starting stuff, several boxes of energy bars, water, etc. If it's really rank and I decide to go, I even toss in my emergency location beacon, in case I get stranded and there is no cell service. While traveling around for sales over the years, I have seen some things, I can't unsee.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 07:38 AM   #599
Supporter

Bwana told us about his plan B.

Here is plan C:

notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-04-2021, 08:36 AM   #600
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Bwana told us about his plan B.

Here is plan C:

Annie Wilkes: I'm your number one fan!
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote