Woodyard 6 5.31%
Smokehouse 5 4.42%
My Mom's house 5 4.42%
Gaz's house 3 2.65%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-05-2023, 11:03 AM  
The Lurkiest

KC Bbq Tour

It looks like I Cassel'd my other thread so spin off here we go.

Your favorite Q and any recommendations therein.

This is my first poll I have attempted and the poll options were compiled off of a couple of online lists, so be gentle use lube and don't forget the reach around.
Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.Boise_Chief would the whole thing.
Old 12-05-2023, 05:57 PM   #46
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdj23 View Post
Night of the living Sauce is fire. Love that stuff so much, bit it's a tad too spicy to use every day
And thiccc

I’ll use it twice and like half the bottles gone
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:30 PM   #47
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
I'm a rib, burnt ends and fry guy so my choices dont accurately reflect places that have good beans or other sides and meats. Joes sides used to be very average but they improved them around 5 or 6 years ago it seems.
For meat, I pretty much go for ribs. Too many places have gone for too tender of ribs for my liking, but I presume enough customers must like it.

I don't want leather, but neither do I want fall off the bone BBQ flavored baby food.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-05-2023, 06:43 PM   #48
MVP

Poll is missing LC's
jerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellijerryaldini 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:41 PM   #49
For The Glory Of The City

I thnk Joe's stands out. Most all of these places listed are good but I think an underappreciated part of this debate that is not talked about a lot is "what are the odds that the meal will be good the time you go there" consistency and volume is very tough with BBQ...I really like Arhtur Bryants but I know they are not great at bringing their best every time.

For me Joe's does the best job of having great food and consistently serving it to you at a high level.

Slap's is good! But no merely as good as people give it credit for. I enjoy Wolfpack the new kid on the block especially since it is close...I have only eaten out of their food truck the last time I went they were in the process of moving into that building.

Gates is an institution but they really seem to be running on the fumes of a name they made in the past. I don't care that you yell at me but if you yell at me could you at least listen when I answer? 4 people screaming at me asking if I want fries 12 times.

Q39 is an enigma I was an early fan it has fallen off a bit but not much. Still a lot of great things to order.

I saw a thing online that a place called Roscoe's is opening up again soon but I did not know where it was is anyone familiar with a place called Roscoe's BBQ?
|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.|Zach| is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2023, 07:51 PM   #50
Be Kind To Your Pets

Gates, LCs and Big T's are the closest to Arrowhead.
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2023, 03:31 AM   #51
Woman should only make babies

**** gates if i wanted to get yelled at i would substitute teach
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2023, 04:36 AM   #52
I love your mom

Anybody have recommendations for non BBQ places to eat downtown?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-06-2023, 05:23 AM   #53
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Anybody have recommendations for non BBQ places to eat downtown?
Town Topic for a quick burger.

Grinders Pizza. They have much more than pizza.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 12-06-2023, 07:45 AM   #54
Mahomes Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
I'm probably coming to KC for the playoffs. Which does the best baked beans?
Like I mentioned above, I think Smokehouse does the beans a bit better and the Zona Rona location is classy, however... Jackstack at the Freighthouse is the best atmosphere (You can use the skywalk in the parking lot to go to Union station), and the beans are VERY similar.

I heard a story once that Smokehouse and Jack Stack used to be one in the same until some family drama happened causing them to split into what we know of today. Anyone know more details to this or if it was somewhat true?
Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.Molitoth is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:07 AM   #55
MVP

Just get a pound of Burnt Ends from Joe's. They are like little pieces of meat candy. Q39 Burnt ends are good, but they are much larger and require chewing, while Joe's just melts in your mouth.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:13 AM   #56
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
I'm sorry I know Q39 is popular but there are much better options.

Gates isn't very good either, IMO.

If you keep saying lies about Q39 you won’t need to worry about your gambling addiction anymore. I will get you addicted to heroine and you will be too busy gobbling trucker cock to disparage Q39. You son of a bitch
Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.Perineum Ripper is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:32 AM   #57
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
And thiccc

I’ll use it twice and like half the bottles gone
IMG-20191207-144405738

You're gonna need a bigger boat bottle.
Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Indian Chief Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:37 AM   #58
MVP

I personally don't think Gates should be allowed in any more CP BBQ polls
kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.kepp threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 12-06-2023, 08:52 AM   #59
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indian Chief View Post
IMG-20191207-144405738

You're gonna need a bigger boat bottle.
That Blue's Hog is great. My favorite is the Tennessee Red they have...put it on some pulled pork and there's nothing better.
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 12-06-2023, 09:11 AM   #60
Fight, build, win!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molitoth View Post
Like I mentioned above, I think Smokehouse does the beans a bit better and the Zona Rona location is classy, however... Jackstack at the Freighthouse is the best atmosphere (You can use the skywalk in the parking lot to go to Union station), and the beans are VERY similar.

I heard a story once that Smokehouse and Jack Stack used to be one in the same until some family drama happened causing them to split into what we know of today. Anyone know more details to this or if it was somewhat true?
That was Smokestack BBQ. Family I believe had a falling out and one kept the original name SmokeStack and other became Jackstack.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.