Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-18-2022, 03:28 PM  
MVP

A Levelheaded Review Wk15

1. The Texans are not as bad as their record would indicate. They pushed a very good Cowboys team in Week 14 to a very close game. Keep that in mind.

2. Isaiah Pacheco, love how hard he runs, needs to get better at pass protection he completely whiffed on that LB stunt blitz on Patrick's 1st sack of the game. His fumble while perplexing is not all that concerning as it's his 4th fumble in 14 games. His last fumble was against JAX and prior to that against the Colts. Rookie mistakes. I'd like to see him more involved in the pass game.

3. Speaking of turnovers they are killing us. The JJSS fumble was just lucky. But we have to do better at holding on to the ball. We gave the Texans short fields to work with on the Pacheco and JJSS fumble that both resulted in Touchdowns. Seems like at least 2 turnovers (fumbles or Int's) in the last 3-4 games.

4. Patrick running the ball is just magic. He knows exactly when to take off and how to hold defenders to keep his running lanes open.

5. Playing to not lose the game, the last 3-4 plays we ran felt like we were playing to not lose instead of get yards to make the FG closer for Butker. Gotta give the the RB's a chance to gain forward yardage.

6. How lucky have we been on coin tosses? Either to start the game or in OT. Seems like we are almost always kicking off and taking the 2nd half kickoff or taking the kickoff in OT. I wonder if that is tracked somewhere?

7.I have said it many times, Toney and Hardman make this offense different. When Toney was in the game they had to account for him. Can't wait for them to both be back on the field. Without them our offense is Kelce, Juju, McKinnon, Pacheco (repeat). Ocassionally Gray, Watson or MVS chip in but you can pretty well bet where the ball is going every play. We need them back badly. Skyy has almost completely disappeared.

8. Willie Gay with the timely turnovers gets the game ball. Last week it was a "pick 6" this week was recovering the OT fumble. Kudos to Frank Clark on generating that turnover.

9. McKinnon in the right place at the right time seems like every week. Great vision on the OT run to end the game.

10. Butker just seems off this year. I'm not sure if it's the ankle or the confidence but he just seems to make terrible kicks at times. I didn't see anything wrong with the snap on either the XP or FG. The XP kick was super ugly.

Extra Point. Penalties, Extremely Ticky Tacky penalty calling against the Chiefs (See Sneed PI in the 4th Q and the Gay defensive holding). Hate to bring this up but I felt like they were being exceptionally picky against the Chiefs.
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:54 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
Were all Pacheco's fumbles on a run? i thought one of them was during a return?
Fantastic question and I had to look

@ ARI 2nd & 8 at KC 34
(2:53 - 4th) I.Pacheco up the middle to KC 30 for -4 yards (R.Lawrence). FUMBLES (R.Lawrence), and recovers at KC 30.

@ Indy (2:53 - 3rd) C.McLaughlin kicks 66 yards from IND 35 to KC -1. I.Pacheco to KC 9 for 10 yards. FUMBLES, and recovers at KC 10. I.Pacheco to KC 12 for 2 yards (G.Stuard)

vs JAX 1st & 10 at JAX 13
(9:04 - 1st) (Shotgun) I.Pacheco up the middle to JAX 9 for 4 yards (R.Jenkins). FUMBLES (R.Jenkins), RECOVERED by JAX-D.Lloyd at JAX 7. D.Lloyd to JAX 24 for 17 yards (J.Smith-Schuster; P.Mahomes).

@ HOU 1st & 10 at KC 22
(9:37 - 2nd) I.Pacheco up the middle to KC 22 for no gain (M.Addison). FUMBLES (M.Addison), touched at KC 22, RECOVERED by HST-D.King at KC 22. D.King to KC 17 for 5 yards (J.Smith-Schuster; S.Moore).
DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.DenverChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 07:58 PM   #47
MVP

And what is even weirder is the two fumbles he lost were running into the back of Wylie...
Old 12-18-2022, 08:03 PM   #48
MVP

And before anyone loses their mind - JJSS had his 3rd fumble (2nd lost) overall today.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:04 PM   #49
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Gotta disagree with #1.The Texans ARE as bad as t b eir record.
TEX has disabled reputation
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 08:10 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Gotta disagree with #1.The Texans ARE as bad as t b eir record.
7 of their 12 losses have come by one TD or less for a combined 42 points - that averages to 6 points a game.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:15 PM   #51
Out Gunning CP's Fandom Police

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverChief View Post
7 of their 12 losses have come by one TD or less for a combined 42 points - that averages to 6 points a game.
Have you even watched them play? Bet not. They are a terrible football team. Not good anything.

Do Denver's 7 out of 12. Are they better also?
TEX has disabled reputation
Old 12-18-2022, 08:22 PM   #52
Cheat Death

They’re coached by Lovie Smith and gimmicked dual backup QBs.

Texans are ass and we should’ve handled them with ease.

No need to overthink it.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:26 PM   #53
Emporer of Mongo

stopped reading at 1

LOL

"the Texans aren't terrible because they almost beat the cowboys"

LOL
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:27 PM   #54
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
stopped reading at 1

LOL

LOL
Yeah that was a dumb comment
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 08:29 PM   #55
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEX View Post
Have you even watched them play? Bet not. They are a terrible football team. Not good anything.

Do Denver's 7 out of 12. Are they better also?
There are so many factors that go into winning in the NFL talent, a little bit of luck, a lot of preparation, and staying healthy. The Broncos and the Texans are banged up teams. The difference between good and bad in the NFL is a couple of lucky bounces and a couple of injuries thanks to parity. Any team on any given Sunday isn't just some cute saying. Name the quote below

"In todays world, you can't go by the record, everything is so close, the parity, and your off by like a fingertip catch or maybe a penalty or turnover, it's just one thing. There have never been so many close games as there are right now that are determined by one score."
Old 12-18-2022, 08:43 PM   #56
MVP

"When you turn the ball over it keeps teams in games, I mean that team played hard, they have some playmakers and they played hard, they are well coached, and if you give teams life like that they're gonna make it a battle. In the NFL the margin of winning and losing is so small."
Old 12-18-2022, 08:48 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post
stopped reading at 1

LOL

LOL
They've played very well by their standard the last couple games, but they also had a terrible performance against Cleveland just a few weeks ago. 80 yard punt return TD for Cleveland, plus TWO touchdowns by the Cleveland defense. Somehow Houston magically stopped making as many big mistakes against Dallas & Chiefs.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:36 PM   #58
Politically Incorrect

If your team is 1-9-1 do you really give a **** about beating Denver or Cards or Rams?

But bring Dallas or KC or Buffalo to town and they all put in their best effort.

That's just the way it is.
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:49 PM   #59
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Andy actually said something about the reffing;

It's near the beginning (1:14) and it's subtle, but Andy never comments on the reffing as far as I know.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-18-2022, 09:52 PM   #60
Supporter

Good read DC.

RE: #4. I'll never forget an interview with Mitchell Schwartz on I think it was Russillo's podcast, where he was asked, "How fast is Mahomes" to which his answer was "He's a step faster than the dude chasing him." I laughed at that for a month.

But I love it. It will be a shame when he ages out of those runs.

I haven't read a ton of stuff about the game, but I gotta say I'm damned proud of Mahomes. I've thought for most of the year that he should throw it to the backs a LOT more if they're going to run guys back and triple team Kelce and shit.

And he did it today. It's not the most entertaining football, but those 3 passes to McKinnon in a row had me wound up. If we can get those type of plays rolling, it will open up the deeper stuff that he likes. But damn it, if it's 0there, ****ing take the easy 10. I really want Pacheco getting those passes, too, but I love that he's throwing them.

Get McKinnon in the tub. He carried a hell of a load today, and we need his ass for the playoffs.

High and tight that shit and we'll be fine. We were hammering these bitches out until we gave it back to them too much.

And **** Carl Cheffers.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote