Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-20-2022, 07:08 AM  
Veteran

Worst Case 1st Round

Whats the worst case result that the Chiefs could realistically actually do in the first round, in your opinion, and how would you feel about it if it happened? You can include trades.

I think my worst case that I can see the Chiefs actually doing is:

29. Skyy Moore
30. Travis Jones

How would I feel about this?

Actually pretty fine. It would just feel a bit underwhelming.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2022, 11:30 AM   #46
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargem View Post
Get with the premise of the thread and tell me who you think are the worst case scenario realistic picks for the Chief, I assume as you love the trade up so much that would be standing pat at 29/30
One of the DT's or a DE outside the top 4 or 5 guys.

Just seems like you're taking a guy that's slotted in the 2nd but you have no one else to pick.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:41 AM   #47
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
For the most part I agree, but there aren’t many combinations of players at 29 & 30 that I’d take over Kayvon Thibodeaux.
I don’t like the philosophy. We can’t keep putting our eggs into one basket like that. We need to take more of the approach of last season.

This defense isn’t getting better from one player. It needs a lot of ass kickers and getting 2 first rd defenders or 2 in the first 3 are needed.

We need a lot
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:44 AM   #48
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
I don’t like the philosophy. We can’t keep putting our eggs into one basket like that. We need to take more of the approach of last season.

This defense isn’t getting better from one player. It needs a lot of ass kickers and getting 2 first rd defenders or 2 in the first 3 are needed.

We need a lot
The likelihood of that happening in a single draft isn't great though.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 11:52 AM   #49
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post

We need a lot
I don’t think that would be putting all our eggs in one basket.

You’d still have 2 picks in each round 2-4.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:07 PM   #50
In Search of a Life

Didn't Moore run a 4.41 at the combine? That's considered slow now?
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2022, 12:07 PM   #51
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
I don’t think that would be putting all our eggs in one basket.

You’d still have 2 picks in each round 2-4.
I think it’s gonna cost more than 2 first rd picks to move up as far as people are talking.

29, 30 and probably 94 if people want to move up around 10-15
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 12:14 PM   #52
Veteran

I was going to ask people what had been their worst draft. Would be interested to see what's been their least favourite result using the simulators. Think I had one where the only WR i got was Calvin Austin and I had Ojabo and no other DE. Not great, but also not necessarily a disaster
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:00 PM   #53
In Search of a Life

Sit where we are and draft guys, maybe half of them hit. Yay.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:03 PM   #54
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

There’s nothing wrong with sitting tight either. We have an excellent front office, and this is a deep draft that’s very meh at the top.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:19 PM   #55
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

A WR in the first round who is not named Williams, Olave, Wilson, London or Burks

A DE in the first round who is not named Hutchinson, Thibodeaux, Johnson, Walker, Ojabo, Karloftis or Ebiketi

An IDL in the first round who is not named Wyatt or Davis

Any OT in the first round who is not named Ikwonu, Neal, Cross or Penning.
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:22 PM   #56
Veteran

Thinking about what DJ said earlier, it is fun doing the exercise on who comes off the board in the first 28.

You would think the top 24:

QB: ?
RB: 0
WR: 6 (London, Olave, Williams, Wilson, Burks, Dotson)
TE: 0
OL: 5 (Ekwonu, Neal, Cross, Linderbaum, Johnson)
DL: 7 (Hutchinson, Walker, Thibodeaux, Johnson, Karlaftis, Wyatt, Davis)
LB: 1 (LLoyd)
CB: 4 (Gardner, McDuffie, Stingley, Booth)
S: 1 (Hamilton)

So just need 2-3 QBs to go, to make it start looking pretty good for the Chiefs at 29.
Chargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliChargem 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-20-2022, 02:24 PM   #57
In Search of a Life

Quote:

There’s nothing wrong with sitting tight either. We have an excellent front office, and this is a deep draft that’s very meh at the top.
We can get some good complementary role players. Yippee
Old 04-20-2022, 02:24 PM   #58
Veteran

Quote:
I'm going to let you into a secret. Half of them hit when you are picking at 15 too.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:30 PM   #59
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
We can get some good complementary role players. Yippee
Are you acting like this team isn't missing good complimentary role players? And are you assuming that is what ALL of our picks are going to be?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-20-2022, 02:38 PM   #60
Veteran

if its Mafe and Dotson I will be underwhelmed
poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.poolboy would the whole thing.