Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 08-28-2020, 01:21 PM  
The Demon Preacher

Rep Thread: My house is under contract!

I'm just happy. Bought a house nearly 15 years ago but then moved out about 7 years later. Instead of selling the house then, we decided to rent it out. The past 6 years we have just had the one tenant who, literally, never bothered me for anything (other than consistently being about a month behind on rent). That is 6 years of equity that I didn't have to do jack shit for other than chase her around for money every now and then.

She finally moved out and we decided to put the house on the market. From the time she moved out to the time the house was ready to show was about 10 days and we dropped about 3.5K getting it ready for sale. Listed the house and 48 hours later and we are under contract for $4k over my asking price.

I'm just gonna dole out rep here until it says I can't anymore. CELEBRATE WITH ME!!!

/cross fingers that the inspections goes off with no issues
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:50 PM   #46
legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtCobain View Post
Personally I think selling a house says a lot about where you are in life and what your mentality is like that time that my aunt sold a squirrel to a homeless person because he wouldn't stop begging for crack cocaine like he wasn't lying and saying he wanted food for work or whatever he's straight-up had a sign that said can I please have some crack and that's okay because at the end of the day we need to be honest with ourselves and then we will achieve the greatest successes that the world has ever known with or without our mothers support.
That's an incredible take good sir and I've got to tell you that last week I was really pondering about why we spend so much time in Walmart parking lots and what do we do in Walmart parking lots well I'm not going to admit that but it's by ourselves and sometimes we just need to know that there's better days it doesn't matter how many hours you spend in a basement tying up nooses and then going to church meetings and claiming that Jesus is the best thing since orange Powerade what really matters is that we're still here and we're alive and it's great.
KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.KurtCobain is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:53 PM   #47
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Okay, this is a win. We're already partway toward a full crew and we haven't even started pillaging yet. I think pillaging will be the best part.

As an early investor, do you have a preferred role, Twistedchief? I figure we'll need lots of cannon operators, several guys who leap from the rigging with cutlasses, some guys to pump the bilge, and a bartender.
I choose to be the person who wields a sharp sword indicating to the traitors that it’s either the plank or death by my hands. I’ve always enjoyed forcing people into uncomfortable situations to see how they react. Plus, it’s just a bonus that I love planks.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:56 PM   #48
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Congrats dude. Glad it worked out. If I tried that the house would be totaled out in a month and the insurance would be like NAH and I’d be ****ed.
I was very fortunate that I had a tenant who was, basically, a hoarder. She had so much shit packed into that tiny house that she had made walking paths between all her shit meaning there was zero damage to the house other than having to repaint the interior.

My mom has had tenants leave a log of shit in the middle of the glass top stove. I was soooo lucky that mine just had me chase her around for money now and then.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2020, 07:57 PM   #49
You Sweetie!

congrats by the way.
Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #50
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Red View Post
congrats by the way.
you seem nice
Old 08-28-2020, 08:06 PM   #51
Sexiest Athlete

Congrats, that is a big burden/load off your shoulders.
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-28-2020, 08:10 PM   #52
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis View Post
Congrats, that is a big burden/load off your shoulders.
No lie. Not only do I no longer have to worry about a 70 year old house and maintaining it for my tenant... I will be debt free outside of my current farm and the Zero Turn Mower.

Thanks meng!
Old 08-28-2020, 08:14 PM   #53
Admitted Planet Junky

Congrats
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-28-2020, 10:00 PM   #54
Veteran

Congrats on the sale!

We put a coming soon sign out at our house two Sundays ago with an email address contact on the sign. We had taken some professional pics taken a few weeks earlier. Were planning to list the following weekend, but had two people contact us the next morning after putting out coming soon sign and both came by that day and offered full price. Market is just insane here. We're building a new house and running behind (shocker) so we were even able to negotiate a 95 day close with the eventual buyer.

We did it FSBO too, which saved us about $13k (still paid buyers agent). The whole process from start to finish was easier than I could've ever imagined. Now we just have to f%*king move
blake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelliblake5676 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-28-2020, 10:24 PM   #55
Has a particular set of skills

Damn, being a Pirate doesn’t sound so bad in 2020. You got a dish on that ship to catch the Chief's games, I’m in.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:21 AM   #56
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
I understand and agree. Zillow aside, as I said, the house sold. Someone paid the money. Done deal. I know I have more bedrooms, land, landscaping, better dock than what someone paid for 2 doors down.
I don't see why it's a big deal that a house sold. My wife and I are casually looking to move. When a nice house comes on the market, you better be prepared to act fast because they will show pending in a day or two.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-29-2020, 11:40 AM   #57
Veteran

I did a similar things last year. I took a nuclear job in Georgia that lasted 3 years and they paid me $670 per week per diem. Luckily I did not have to have a tenant the entire time so when I sold the house 3 years later and it was just as I left it. I had no desire to move back to KC so I put it on the market and it was under contract in a couple of days.
Hamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliHamwallet 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 08-29-2020, 12:23 PM   #58
The Collective Unconscious

Congrats! I'm looking to replicate this. I have a house that I'd love to rent when we upgrade.
58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.58-4ever 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-29-2020, 12:47 PM   #59
The Demon Preacher

Quote:
Originally Posted by blake5676 View Post
Congrats on the sale!

We put a coming soon sign out at our house two Sundays ago with an email address contact on the sign. We had taken some professional pics taken a few weeks earlier. Were planning to list the following weekend, but had two people contact us the next morning after putting out coming soon sign and both came by that day and offered full price. Market is just insane here. We're building a new house and running behind (shocker) so we were even able to negotiate a 95 day close with the eventual buyer.

We did it FSBO too, which saved us about $13k (still paid buyers agent). The whole process from start to finish was easier than I could've ever imagined. Now we just have to f%*king move
Thanks!!!

Had I still lived in that city I would have most certainly done a FSBO. Unfortunately I don't and that cost me almost $7k.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamwallet View Post
I did a similar things last year. I took a nuclear job in Georgia that lasted 3 years and they paid me $670 per week per diem. Luckily I did not have to have a tenant the entire time so when I sold the house 3 years later and it was just as I left it. I had no desire to move back to KC so I put it on the market and it was under contract in a couple of days.
So you pulled a Tony Gonzalez!

Damn... that is one hell of a per diem. That is more than some people make working 40 hours a week. I would have rather not had a tenant but at the time we moved, with realtor costs... he would have lost money on the house. I took those 6 years of the tenant paying the note to get us there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 58-4ever View Post
Congrats! I'm looking to replicate this. I have a house that I'd love to rent when we upgrade.
Thanks! I got super lucky with my tenant. I know of absolute horror stories from other people who rented out homes and the condition they found it in upon the renter vacating/being evicted.
Old 08-29-2020, 02:03 PM   #60
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
I choose to be the person who wields a sharp sword indicating to the traitors that it’s either the plank or death by my hands. I’ve always enjoyed forcing people into uncomfortable situations to see how they react. Plus, it’s just a bonus that I love planks.
(Looks at roster.) We can use one of those. Put on your puffy pirate shirt and report to human resources.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.