Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 12-08-2005, 07:24 AM  
CHANGEd your mind yet????

25 Years: we miss you, John

I can't believe it's been 25 years since John Lennon was murdered. I remember that day like it was yesterday. I think it was my generation's 'Kennedy' moment. I couldn't listen to his song 'Happy Christmas' for many years without breaking into tears...

Makes you wonder what kind of impact he would have had on music and on his world...

to his life!
memyselfI has disabled reputation
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM   #46
Grandson of Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
As always, I amazed that some peoples' lives are 'influenced' by musicians. I can, and do, enjoy music, but beyond that I can't say that ANY musician has 'influenced' my life in any capacity other than simply enjoying their music.
Exactly. I couldn't have said it better.
Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:54 AM   #47
Wasted away again...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunther_Fan
I didn't say anything about Lennon's politics.
I wasn't responding to you.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:55 AM   #48
That Doyle, he's a mean-un

Reagan was an actor.......................

Quote:
I remember when Reagan was shot. That was a terrible day. The world would have been worse off if he had died. We should all thank God that he lived. He defeated the Soviet Union and rescued our economy from Carter's idiocy. He turned out to be one of our greatest Presidents in history.

John Lennon was a musician. Who cares? They snort coke and keel over every day, or so it seems. So he was shot. Big deal. It's too bad when anyone dies or is murdered. But it's not a big deal in the course of human history. Losing a great President is a world changing event. When evil terrorists attack your country and kill 3000 people, that is a world changing event.

Well, I'm rambling on. I guess I'm off topic here. But it's just what came to my mind. I guess it's my 2 cents.
he and his administration obviously did an excellent job of fooling you and many others here. What a punk you are.

p.s For the record, Carter did not install a puppet regime in Iran. Who did?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tn_be_afraid.jpeg
Views:	93
Size:	9.4 KB
ID:	50246  
Boyceofsummer Loves all of Deberg's threads.Boyceofsummer Loves all of Deberg's threads.Boyceofsummer Loves all of Deberg's threads.Boyceofsummer Loves all of Deberg's threads.Boyceofsummer Loves all of Deberg's threads.
Thumbs Up 0 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 09:57 AM   #49
Wasted away again...

Oh good grief, can we please keep this out of the DC forum?
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:58 AM   #50
Grandson of Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod
I wasn't responding to you.
My bad. However, I don't think anyone else said anything about his politics either. Oh well. Who cares.......
Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Kylo Ren must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:01 AM   #51
Giggitty!

Sorry Dartgod...

Gunther Fan, I think you know who I was referring to. We have already received one attack because of that post, that's what I meant.

Sorry dudes, I wasn't getting political, but I was warning of the impending...
chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.chagrin must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #52
Grandson of Darth Vader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boyceofsummer
he and his administration obviously did an excellent job of fooling you and many others here. What a punk you are.

p.s For the record, Carter did not install a puppet regime in Iran. Who did?
Oh brother. Here comes the kook parade. Let's just drop the whole thing and move on. Next we'll hear that the holocaust never happened, we never landed on the moon and the world is flat.

Reagan was a bumbling idiot and Lennon should have been President. We all could have been living in yellow submarines.

There, does that fix everything for you?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #53
Mama Tried

Quote:
Well, might he have influenced other muscian's lives?

I understand what you are saying though. I wouldn't say any one musician or musical group has influence my life, but overall, enjoying their music has an influence on me.

I hear what you are sayin Dart,and its a fact that the Beatles both influenced and were rivals.it drove brian wilson mad.
but Pet Sounds is a great LP.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:06 AM   #54
Say hello to my little friend

Quote:
I remember when Reagan was shot. That was a terrible day. The world would have been worse off if he had died. We should all thank God that he lived. He defeated the Soviet Union and rescued our economy from Carter's idiocy. He turned out to be one of our greatest Presidents in history.

John Lennon was a musician. Who cares? They snort coke and keel over every day, or so it seems. So he was shot. Big deal. It's too bad when anyone dies or is murdered. But it's not a big deal in the course of human history. Losing a great President is a world changing event. When evil terrorists attack your country and kill 3000 people, that is a world changing event.

Well, I'm rambling on. I guess I'm off topic here. But it's just what came to my mind. I guess it's my 2 cents.
You are such a pile of crap. Feel free to stop breathing immediately.
Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.Brock is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #55
'Tis my eye!

Of course, I'm a musician, but Lennon had an impact on my life, even though I was 7 when he died. I spent the first few years of my life listening to John Lennon music and it not influenced my musical tastes and the musical ability I developed later, but it also influenced the way I view the world and other people. In some ways, it galvanized some of my NEGATIVE feelings about Lennon and his politics, and in some ways it affected my views on fellow people and how to treat them.

Speaking of how to treat other people, Gunther Fan can go fist himself. First class douchebag.
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:07 AM   #56
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Well, might he have influenced other muscian's lives?

I understand what you are saying though. I wouldn't say any one musician or musical group has influence my life, but overall, enjoying their music has an influence on me.
Sure. Enjoying music is an influence on one's life. By 'influence' however, I was referring to those that actually listen to music and not only enjoy it, but it also somehow changes their lives.

To me, those such people either have a screw loose or don't know what the fuck they want out of life in the first place.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:08 AM   #57
Mama Tried

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brock
You are such a pile of crap. Feel free to stop breathing immediately.
i second that emotion.
MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.MOhillbilly has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:09 AM   #58
'Tis my eye!

Quote:
Oh brother. Here comes the kook parade. Let's just drop the whole thing and move on. Next we'll hear that the holocaust never happened, we never landed on the moon and the world is flat.

Reagan was a bumbling idiot and Lennon should have been President. We all could have been living in yellow submarines.

There, does that fix everything for you?
DC forum or else.

I'm not gonna **** with you today, got it?
htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.htismaqe is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:15 AM   #59
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger
Sure. Enjoying music is an influence on one's life. By 'influence' however, I was referring to those that actually listen to music and not only enjoy it, but it also somehow changes their lives.

To me, those such people either have a screw loose or don't know what the fuck they want out of life in the first place.
You either understand it or you don't. Lennon is/was a legend. He DID INFLUENCE people through his songs and his ACTIONS. He didn't just sit on his ass and think about making the world a better place, he actually did something about it. Right, wrong, or indifferent on his world views is irrelevant to the point. The point is the man made a DIFFERENCE in many, many lives. He stood up for what he believes in...peace and you called him "trendy" for it. Since when was peace "trendy"?
BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.BigChiefFan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #60
"Think BOOM!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
You either understand it or you don't. Lennon is/was a legend. He DID INFLUENCE people through his songs and his ACTIONS.
He was a gifted musician.

I enjoyed/enjoy his music.

It is a shame that that music was silenced by a nut job.

Beyond that, he had zero influence upon me. If he did you, fine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigChiefFan
He didn't just sit on his ass and think about making the world a better place, he actually did something about it. Right, wrong, or indifferent on his world views is irrelevant to the point. The point is the man made a DIFFERENCE in many, many lives. He stood up for what he believes in...peace and you called him "trendy" for it. Since when was peace "trendy"?
I hate to tell you this, but the peace movement was incredibly trendy.
Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.Donger is obviously part of the inner Circle.