Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2024, 12:21 AM  
I'll **** anything that moves!

What Songs or Movies Make You Cry?

I’m a bit of a softy, especially with music and certain films/scenes from films.

And it’s a bit all over the place.

Since my dad died, I can’t listen to My Father’s House by Springsteen, and I’ve never been a big Bruce fan. But I listen to that now, and I’m crushed.

Certain operas/arias bring me to tears.

Transatlanticism by Death Cab is always rough, even if I’m in a great mood. I’ll end up drifting back into some former relationship and it’ll get me misty eyed.

Too many songs bring tears to my eyes for reasons of joy, sadness, yearning, etc…

Here’s a weird one. Superman The Movie. Christopher Reeve. When he grabs Lois and that helicopter(pilots inside) from falling from the roof, I snort cry. I just wish sometimes there was this “miracle man” who could do stuff like that and give us all something to believe in and be so thankful it exists.

Private Ryan, Schindler’s List, Sling Blade…. All crushers…

What do you have?
GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.GabyKeepsMeWarm must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:46 PM   #46
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holladay View Post
Old Yeller

/thread

The ending of Jaws makes me sad
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:47 PM   #47
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Sorry....I am sure that I am not in the minority.....but most people do not mind the singing of the National Anthem before the start of a "quality sporting event>
I don't mind it, but I wouldn't miss it if it went away either.
ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.ThrobProng < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:48 PM   #48
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Big Fish made me choke up.

I don't specifically recall crying while reading/watching Marley and Me, but I had old labs at the time so either I did, or I just turned it off because I knew I would.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:49 PM   #49
pie is never free

Schindlers List and Slingblade definitely did, and Little House on the Prairie was good for a tearjerker every few episodes

Pretty sure I've never cried to a song, not sure why... actually seems kinda weird that I never have

edit* actually I have cried to a song, it was the first time I heard "Father of Mine" by Everclear

Last edited by Easy 6; 06-27-2024 at 03:08 PM..
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 02:50 PM   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
My Old Man- Zac Brown Band....the morning they previewed it nationally I was driving in to work....the words struck such a chord in me that I had to pull off the road to compose myself. Still makes me teary/
Highway 20 Ride

{how to out yourself as a divorce kid without saying it...}
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 02:56 PM   #51
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
Big Fish made me choke up.

Aaaahh dude i was gonna mention this one, but figured no one would remember it.

Yes, Big Fish is an excellent man cry movie. It's the first movie that came to mind when i saw the thread.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:01 PM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Aaaahh dude i was gonna mention this one, but figured no one would remember it.

Yes, Big Fish is an excellent man cry movie. It's the first movie that came to mind when i saw the thread.
I honestly think it hit hard enough that it didn't have any legs. That's why nobody really re-watches it and it's just gone from pop culture.

McGregor, Finny, Helena bonham Carter; hell Billy Crudup does a damn nice job. Tim Burton didn't go TOO Tim Burton. There are some really good/funny/interesting supporting parts that are done well.

But it's gonna make dudes cry and we don't like that shit. So we watch it once and then never tell anyone about it and so it just vanishes from the landscape. Because nobody wants to talk about Big Fish with their buddies. We watch it alone on the couch once and pretend it never happened...
Old 06-27-2024, 03:08 PM   #53
YOU take YOUR seat

the ending of the Titanic!

nah just kidding but when I saw that in theaters in the 90's I did see my buddy have a tear roll down his eye at that ending.

But honestly, I kind of tear up a little bit in those coming of age movies where they finally get their chance or accomplish something. I dunno why but sometimes
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:08 PM   #54
Wasted away again...

There are a lot of movies and TV shows where certain scenes get to me.

Two that come to mind immediately:

The end of Field of Dreams when he's having a catch with his dad.

When Radar came into the operating room to announce that Henry Blake's plane had been shot down and there were no survivors.
Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dartgod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:14 PM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
But it's gonna make dudes cry and we don't like that shit. So we watch it once and then never tell anyone about it and so it just vanishes from the landscape.
Yeah pretty much.

I remember at the time my room mate asking me if i wanted to watch a Man-cry movie. I had seen it around, but never knew anything about it.

Watched it....got all choked...and i always tell everyone it's a good movie but ive never watched it again because....i dont wanna...i dont wanna get all teary and shit, lol.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:24 PM   #56
The Guy With The Goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxSocks View Post
Yeah pretty much.

I remember at the time my room mate asking me if i wanted to watch a Man-cry movie. I had seen it around, but never knew anything about it.

Watched it....got all choked...and i always tell everyone it's a good movie but ive never watched it again because....i dont wanna...i dont wanna get all teary and shit, lol.
I watched UP with the wife when it came out. Never have I ever cried during an animated film before. Not even as a little kid watching Land Before Time.

We had a good cry together because the events of the film hit a lot of the same notes in our lives especially the scenes involved around trying to have a kid.

Still a great movie... probably my favorite Pixar movie ever. Couldn't watch it a second time even before she died. Now? No ****ing way.

/I don't mean to look like I'm searching for sympathy by continuing to bring her up like that... its just the topic of the thread and what is in my brain.
Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mephistopheles Janx has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:27 PM   #57
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
God, Rudy is such a terrible movie. The climax is him playing in a game. Big deal.
Wow. You either get it or you don't I guess.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:27 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx View Post

/I don't mean to look like I'm searching for sympathy by continuing to bring her up like that... its just the topic of the thread and what is in my brain.
No one thinks you're searching for sympathy. If they do, they can **** off. It's a major part of life and i appreciate you allowing yourself to be human on an open forum.

She's part of who you are and im sure there isn't a day that goes by in which you dont think of her.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2024, 03:41 PM   #59
MVP

Taps always gets me. The song not the movie.
raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.raybec 4 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 06-27-2024, 03:45 PM   #60
Rockin' yer FACE OFF!

My dad was a big fan of Bobby Darin...Beyond the Sea was a favorite of his. When he passed, we played it at his wake (along with an eclectic bunch of stuff...the old man had quite a range of musical tastes). But that song...the lyrics...combined with the fact that my mom had passed away a few years prior...well, now I can't hear it without choking up:
Somewhere beyond the sea
Somewhere waiting for me
My lover stands on golden sands
And watches the ships that go sailing

Somewhere beyond the sea
She's there watching for me
If I could fly like birds on high
Then straight to her arms, I'd go sailing

It's far beyond a star
It's near beyond the moon
I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again, I'll go sailing

I know beyond a doubt
My heart will lead me there soon

We'll meet, I know we'll meet beyond the shore
We'll kiss just as before
Happy we'll be beyond the sea
And never again, I'll go sailing
No more sailing
So long, sailing
Bye-bye, sailing
Goodbye, Captain

Not out of sadness per se, more out of happy memories. I remember them dancing old school style to big band swing songs, and this one was a favorite. That song was written for the way it all ended up for them.

I miss them both a helluva lot.
InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.InChiefsHeaven is obviously part of the inner Circle.