Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-02-2009, 12:19 PM   #2

It is really hard to judge what Cassel is worth. He could end up being pretty darn good, or just about average. It is too bad that he did not get put on the spot in a playoff situation. He helped the team go 11-5, what could he have done with the added pressure? It is good and bad for him. On one hand, he did not get the chance to flop. On the other, if he had a good playoff run....he would be in line for a big payday and the Pats would have easily gotten a few nice trade offers. Was what he did during the season a fluke, did the team situation do it all for him, was it Welker and Moss? Who knows right now....
Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Consistent1 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #3
Starter

Cassell

If the Patriots would accept a 3rd rounder I would jump on it. I think they will more likely ask for a 1st and accept a 2nd.

It's a little far fetched but I would love to p/up Haynesworth in Free agency then draft Oher or Curry in the first, trade the 2nd for Boldin, and our 3rd for Cassell. We still have a ton of young players on our roster. This would make us much better on both offense and defense. Do we have enough money?
wazimo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.wazimo is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:34 PM   #4
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsfan88 View Post
“But if Kansas (City) were to make that deal, that’s their Matt Ryan. That’s their Joe Flacco. Unlike a Sanchez, for instance, they know he’s playing at a starter’s level. So to them, I think it’d be worth it to do. They’d get their starting quarterback, they know what he’s capable of doing, and they’ve seen him win games at the NFL level.”
I agree with Jim Miller on this, but I actually hope it doesn't happen and we draft Sanchez or Stafford just so I can laugh at all the stupid posts on ChiefsPlanet.
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:52 PM   #5
Kind of a mod

I must've missed something. I thought that Cassell was UFA this season. What's with all the talk of draft picks? I know they may franchise him, but doesn't that come with a requirement that teams signing him give up a first round pick or something like that?
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:53 PM   #6
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaFace View Post
I must've missed something. I thought that Cassell was UFA this season. What's with all the talk of draft picks? I know they may franchise him, but doesn't that come with a requirement that teams signing him give up a first round pick or something like that?
franchise=2 1st rounders, but they can still trade him for whatever
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:37 PM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASONSAUTO View Post
franchise=2 1st rounders, but they can still trade him for whatever
If they franchise him and there are no takers, they are stuck with two expensive QBs.
Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.Frankie is too fat/Omaha.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #8
FINALLY! The wait is over.

Quote:
They franchise him and a team signs him they're obligated to 2 first round selections. I can't imagine Cassell saying yeah, I'll pass up $15 million for 1 year to get $30 million for 4. Which is about all he's worth at this point IMO.

As far as I'm concerned, the Pats ****ed themselves when they went this route.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 12:54 PM   #9
Starter

Quote:
If they franchise him and another team signs him to an offer sheet, the Pats can decide whether to match the offer or not. If they decide to not match, they get the compensation from the other team, depending on the level of the tender offer.

Most likely, the team would negotiate compensation first to avoid having the pay the compensation related to the tender offer.
ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.ChiefRon is a favorite in the douche of the year contest.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:02 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefRon View Post
If they franchise him and another team signs him to an offer sheet, the Pats can decide whether to match the offer or not. If they decide to not match, they get the compensation from the other team, depending on the level of the tender offer.

Most likely, the team would negotiate compensation first to avoid having the pay the compensation related to the tender offer.
I think you're thinking of restricted free agency. If a team signs a franchise player without working out a deal with his team, they are required to give up 2 first round draft picks.
Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Flopnuts is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:05 PM   #11
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Flopnuts View Post
I think you're thinking of restricted free agency. If a team signs a franchise player without working out a deal with his team, they are required to give up 2 first round draft picks.
Yes, you are right, that's restricted FA.

But bottom line is the same: if a team was going to make a play for him, they would negotiate the compensation first to make sure it would make sense and it can be for less than 2 1st round picks.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #12
Forgetting 2013 season end.

Quote:

But bottom line is the same: if a team was going to make a play for him, they would negotiate the compensation first to make sure it would make sense and it can be for less than 2 1st round picks.
Yeah, didn't we do this with JA?
EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.EyePod has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 02-02-2009, 03:13 PM   #13

Quote:

Totally. Honestly though, for me I wouldn't want him and the Pats first round pick for our 7th. I don't want anywhere near that 15 million he's getting next season. He's flat out not worth it.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:08 PM   #14
MVP

I don't know about Cassel yet... I mean I think we have to bring in a Vet and a Rookie QB this offseason, but am not sold on Cassel. We bring in Cassel and he is the guy.
nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.nychief would the whole thing.
Old 02-02-2009, 01:17 PM   #15
Don't Tease Me

if you trade for cassel then you're stuck because he will demand a long term, starter money contract

better be sure
Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mr. Laz is obviously part of the inner Circle.