Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-01-2024, 05:44 AM  
Supporter

Open Carry

My last two trips to our little town of Branson West resulted in seeing private citizens with a pistol holstered.

I was right behind one in line at the bank and the other one came in to shoot the shit with the barber cutting my hair. The only thing holding the second guys gun in the holster was gravity, no strap.

I am pro gun and all for peoples rights, but why? Why does someone feel they need to be packing heat while running errands?

It makes me pretty uncomfortable to say the least. Is this person stable enough to packing heat? Is he or she sober? Are they worried about a jealous lover or spouse gunning them down? Is there going to be a shootout?

What is your opinion? Are we all going to have to be packing soon? Are we going to regress to 200 years ago, like the wild west?

Who vetted this person to have this weapon in public?
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:13 AM   #46
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Roundup View Post
Open carry is becoming more prevalent. Getting a concealed carry requires registering your weapon and yourself for all intense purposes.

There are a lot of people that are carrying openly in hopes of an engagement. They don't seem to realize that they are also making themselves the first targets for someone skilled.

That was one of the points I made in my first post. If someone has the old hog leg strapped on for all the world to see, if all hell breaks loose, they are the first one that's going to hit the dirt. If it's legal, I support their right to open carry, but with that said, it takes away any advantage they would of had by concealing.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:19 AM   #47
Fish are scared of me

My brother open carries and it annoys the **** out of me.
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:20 AM   #48
Former Illinoisian

"To the OP’s point, I was in line at a Chipolte a few years back. Restaurant was busy, line was long and there was some douchey redneck kid in front of me with his GF that had his gun on his hip with his tshirt untucked everywhere but the gun side where it was tucked behind so the world could see it. He looked about 16 but I imagine he was maybe a bit older. He was clearly making a point to let everyone SEE his gun and was generally just acting like a teenage turd. It made plenty of people around uncomfortable, clearly. "

You should have pulled his gun, dropped the mag, emptied the chamber, then when he spun around hand him the sidearm and ask him, "are you really that flippin' stupid?"

I wouldn't have done it, but I'd like to imagine it happening.
Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Hog Rider has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:29 AM   #49
MER

What is the fear?
He's going to drop it in your guac?
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2024, 09:32 AM   #50
My Mamma Says

Might as well walk around with your dick out… Dumb..
Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Kman34 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:32 AM   #51
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
My brother open carries and it annoys the **** out of me.
Bet it's a bummer when he insists on joining you on your expeditions. Bigfoot is hardly gonna reveal himself to a guy open carrying.
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:34 AM   #52
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kman34 View Post
Might as well walk around with your dick out… Dumb..
We have concealed carry permits for that sort of thing in the UK
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:40 AM   #53
MER

I don't have a dick.
Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Katipan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:41 AM   #54
Keepin it Real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
No it's not just for tools.

The first thing you do in a rampage is kill everyone you can. And at our last mass shooting exercise it was estimated to take SWAT 30 mins to get to our shooter.

She took out a hundred people in that 30 mins.
It’s absolutely for tools and you have zero tactical advantage open carrying. The whole point of carrying is for you and everyone’s safety in a shooting. You lose all advantage open carrying your Hi Point when a shooter walks in.

Any smart shooter will look for their advantages and threats prior to acting on their shooting. An open carry person is the 1st threat they will see. There’s a reason off duty cops don’t open carry.
Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.Dunit35 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:43 AM   #55
Veteran

Quote:
I don't have a dick.
Git yer rat oot
Old 06-01-2024, 09:45 AM   #56
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunit35 View Post
It’s absolutely for tools and you have zero tactical advantage open carrying. The whole point of carrying is for you and everyone’s safety in a shooting. You lose all advantage open carrying your Hi Point when a shooter walks in.

Any smart shooter will look for their advantages and threats prior to acting on their shooting. An open carry person is the 1st threat they will see. There’s a reason off duty cops don’t open carry.

You're assuming that the offender will be smart/rational. Sometimes, often, they aren't. There are countless recorded incidents of apparently reeruned shooters walking right past armed security guards and opening fire on unarmed targets with the armed security behind them.

Of course, assuming they're idiots isn't the best idea either.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:46 AM   #57
MER

Tactical advantage.
😂😂😂

Grandma isn't protecting herself from Chechnian rebels.

She's going to the grocery store.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:48 AM   #58
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I don't have a dick.
I know that but others will need pics to verify.
Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.Why Not? is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:57 AM   #59
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Open carrying is for tools just wanting to show off what they have. If I were going to go on a rampage the first thing I’m doing when entering a building is checking for open carrying idiots. I’m taking them out first. It’ll get rid of any obvious known threats I have.

Carrying a gun into a bank is still illegal since it’s a federal building. Same as the post office.
What? No it isn't. Post office yes, Bank's no. They are private entities and make their own rules...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:59 AM   #60
In Search of a Life

Quote:

They exist? Anyone shooting up anywhere is probably not very smart.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.