Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-17-2024, 12:38 PM  
Mahomes > God

Most overrated players in the NFL

So I came across this tweet and while I know PFF is garbage...it got me thinking about this topic and about George Kittle. What in the **** do people see that makes them hold him in such high regard???

He's played 7 season...broke 1k 3 times with 2 of those seasons barely being over 1,000...one season over 10 TDs, 4 of those seasons with 5 or less TDs and 2 were 6 TD seasons.

Not to mention he's been a complete non factor in both Super Bowls he's been in.

He's not even in the same galaxy as Kelce...I really wish someone would tell me what I'm missing here. He has a bombastic personality and is a goofball and talks a lot? Wow ok.

Who would you all say is massively overrated in the league by fans, media, etc.?
Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Jerm is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 06-17-2024, 04:22 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
What drives me nuts about the Kittle shit is when morons get going about the blocking, they completely ignore what Kelce is as a blocker himself.

Kelce is fantastic as a blocker (whenever that occurs). He's not going to pancake anybody, but he's effective and gets the job done when he needs to. These Kittle nuthuggers seem to think he's a total finesse player who shouldn't even be classified as a TE. Just because a majority of his blocks occur as extensions of a route they seem to think that's a huge red mark against him. Okay, you want your TE smashing into dudes directly off the snap? Get a 6th OL. They're even better at that job than ****ing Kittle!
I suppose the general sentiment thinks Kittle's blocking is more crucial to the Niners offense than Kelce's blocking with the Chiefs.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 04:26 PM   #47
Ain't no relax!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
That Carton guy said last week that Dak was statistically as good as Pat over the last 2-3 years. That if Dak had been luckier in the playoffs he'd be considered as good as Mahomes or some such BS.
The regular season stats really weren't that different to be honest.

BUT..... there's a reason they didn't include postseason stats or playoff wins or superbowls... Mahomes is 10 times the QB Dak could ever be when it matters.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 04:27 PM   #48
You gotta kill a few people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megatron96 View Post
"But you're not accounting for his running ability. He's an elite runner, so he must be an elite QB."
I never said this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
I was just going to say, oh boy, Virus will be here any minute now.
Dude was referring to his passing statistics in his rookie year after admitting he was drafted #32 overall as a project, conveniently leaving out his roughly 100 rushing yards and .8 TDs per game.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 04:30 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post

BUT..... there's a reason they didn't include postseason stats or playoff wins or superbowls... Mahomes is 10 times the QB Dak could ever be when it matters.
You beat me to it.

Statistically speaking, Dak was far better than Mahomes in 2021 and 2023 while Mahomes was far better in 2022.

Personally I wouldn’t broach the postseason subject because Dak has had plenty of chances to deliver but it’s not that weird a thing to say.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:05 PM   #50
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
No way Lamar Jackson is more overrated than Dak Prescott. Both are chokers in the playoffs but one has been so good in 2 separate years that he won 2 MVPs (which should just be called the best QB in the regular season award). People just dislike him because he is a running QB.

MVP is a popularity contest. Nice consolation prize for sure but largely insignificant compared to Championships.

Without looking, tell me who won League MVP in 2014, 2004, and 1994.. I know I can't. But I sure as shit remember who won the Super Bowl those years and who was QB.
Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.Cheater5 threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:17 PM   #51
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerm View Post
That's wild lol...like I totally understand this is the world we live in now but to see it laid out in front of you is still crazy.
Now imagine you work at a big Corp company, and you decide to post something about them online. Trust me that your HR dept knows about it the next day and has a pretty good idea about who posted it. They can also scrub anything you've ever posted publicly online. Creepy!
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:25 PM   #52
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsin_Chief View Post
Kittle is definitely one of the most overrated players in all of football. I would take 3 or 4 TEs over him without flinching. I can't remember a single play he's ever made in a game I watched that wowed me.

Comparing him to Kelce at this point is laughable. PFF picking him over Trav as the best in football does nothing but prove they're utterly clueless.
BuT KiTtLe Is A GoOd BlOcKeR!
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 05:45 PM   #53
Special Teams ACE!!!

Ball at your own 25 down 3 with 13 seconds left. Do you want the amazeballs blocker?

Or do you want the TE with a QB's mind who knows exactly how to adjust his route on the play based on his QB simply shouting, "Do it, Kels!"

Yeah. Get ****ed, George.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 06:02 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheater5 View Post
Without looking, tell me who won League MVP in 2014, 2004, and 1994.. I know I can't. But I sure as shit remember who won the Super Bowl those years and who was QB.
2014 I’m going to say Rodgers. IIRC, that was the year a lot of people felt JJ Watt got snubbed. He had like 20+ sacks and even added 4 or 5 receiving TDs.

2004 had to be Peyton Manning. I know from memory that was the year he went off for like 49 TDs and 10 INTs. Statistically speaking may still be the most efficient QB season of all time.

1994 I will guess Steve Young. He was a dawg that year.

For SB winners, I’m pretty sure it would be Pats with Brady, Pats with Brady and 49ers with Young.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:40 PM   #55
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sedated View Post
No way Lamar Jackson is more overrated than Dak Prescott. Both are chokers in the playoffs but one has been so good in 2 separate years that he won 2 MVPs (which should just be called the best QB in the regular season award). People just dislike him because he is a running QB.
Last season, Prescott had more total yards last year, more touchdowns, only a couple more picks, a better completion percentage.

He also accounts for more yards per game than Jackson over the course of his career, and more touchdowns per game, and roughly the same turnovers per game (.94 for Jackson, 1 for Prescott).

And I'm obviously not saying Prescott is good, but in the "most overrated" discussion, he's not the one winning MVPs.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:54 PM   #56
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:

I'm pretty sure Carton had that graphic up when he said Dak=Mahomes.

Which is exactly why stats can't be the only set of parameters when judging players. It's pretty much exactly like the idjits that point at Frank Gore's stats (total yards/yds per carry) and somehow decide that Frank=Barry Sanders. I mean, come the hell on. That's just stupid.

Dak put up some decent stats. But no one can watch the tape and say that Dak=Mahomes in any way.

Last edited by Megatron96; 06-17-2024 at 06:59 PM..
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:55 PM   #57
Forever Royal

Joe Burrow. Hasn’t remotely earned his moniker and throws more jump balls than Deshaun Watson.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-17-2024, 06:58 PM   #58
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Idk how anyone can support any answer here besides Lamar Jackson. He’s the most overrated player by a long shot to me.

He’s not a top 5 QB and was only ever worthy of being one in 2019.

It’s annoying seeing this guy get called the best QB in the league by some analysts when he’s only thrown 30 or more TD’s once, has never thrown for 4K yards and falls apart every time in the playoffs.
The analysts are told to talk Lamar up.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 06-17-2024, 07:01 PM   #59
Forever Royal

Most overrated players in the NFL

Quote:

oh? pic.twitter.com/PD4ALptSZj— NFL on CBS (@NFLonCBS) June 12, 2024

Anyone that has spent any amount of time watching the Cowboys knows that he gets a TON of stats when his team is getting blown out.

Also, does anyone really overrate him? I don’t see people saying he is a top 5 QB or anything. Seems like most people usually put him right in that 10-15 range which is pretty accurate.

Last edited by mr. tegu; 06-17-2024 at 07:09 PM..
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 06-17-2024, 07:22 PM   #60
Suupraa Geniuuusss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
Anyone that has spent any amount of time watching the Cowboys knows that he gets a TON of stats when his team is getting blown out.

Also, does anyone really overrate him? I don’t see people saying he is a top 5 QB or anything. Seems like most people usually put him right in that 10-15 range which is pretty accurate.

PFN and NFL.com both had Dak ranked 6th before last season started. MSN Sports had Dak ranked 2nd in Jan. right before the start of the playoffs. Mahomes was ranked 7th in that one.

And I have no doubt that certain football media types will declare that Dak is a top-5 QB before the start of the first preseason game, lol.
Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Megatron96 is obviously part of the inner Circle.