Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 11:47 AM  
Hockey Town

Bryce Young benched

Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM   #46
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
There are 75 guys in D-I, if not more, who could have done what he did at Bama. There's a reason why jabrones like Ken Dorsey, Gino Torretta, and Landry Jones were never taken seriously as pro prospects, and it's why Sam Bradford never should have been. When you have years to throw to guys who are impossibly open and a devastating running game to lean on, you don't have to be good to be successful.
He was a 5 star high school recruit, it's weird how much that shit seems to matter.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 12:56 PM   #47
Grand champ

I just fell to my knees at Sam’s Club
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #48
In Search of a Life

The Texans wanted Young and had to settle for Stroud. It's weird how none of the pundits seemed to be bothered by Young's size at the time.
suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.suzzer99 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM   #49
Now you've pissed me off!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
He was a 5 star high school recruit, it's weird how much that shit seems to matter.
It's why people think Trevor Lawrence is decent when he's rat shit, too. If Bryce Young played at a public high school in Minnesota, he likely has a nice career as a good MAC QB. Instead, he went to Mater Dei, and that talent advantage is absurd, as you know.
'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.'Hamas' Jenkins is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:09 PM   #50
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzzer99 View Post
The Texans wanted Young and had to settle for Stroud. It's weird how none of the pundits seemed to be bothered by Young's size at the time.
I was. He was a not as athletic Russ or Kyler. They scramble and move the pocket so much because they just can't see over their linemen.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old Yesterday, 02:10 PM   #51
MVP

Rusty Red Rifle Rescue
Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.Rainbarrel wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old Yesterday, 02:25 PM   #52
Generational Player

MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 02:53 PM   #53
Banned!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I can't believe that idiot mother****er though Young would be better than Stroud. It explodes my mind.
There were a TON of folks hating on Stroud, many simply because he went to Ohio State (which makes absolutely NO sense).
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM   #54
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:03 PM   #55
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlphg9 View Post
I can't believe that idiot mother****er though Young would be better than Stroud. It explodes my mind.
Young > Stroud was basically the draft community consensus and I will never get it.

I drafted Stroud for them in the CP mock, so they might as well give me a shot
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:04 PM   #56
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
KOC is the best thing that ever happened to Darnold.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:05 PM   #57
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
There were a TON of folks hating on Stroud, many simply because he went to Ohio State (which makes absolutely NO sense).
Ohio State had a long history of 4-star and 5-star QB’s turning into busts at the NFL level. They had a roster full of 5-star WR, RB, and OL to make the quarterback’s job pretty easy at the college level. Good for Stroud that he was able to prove the doubters wrong.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 03:09 PM   #58
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedinTexas View Post
Why bother benching him now? Do they have hopes for salvaging the season? Why not play him and try to develop him to whatever extent they actually can? This move seems like trying to bail out the Titanic with a coffee cup while water is pouring in.
This is from the Panthers Forum

Quote:
First, to everyone that says the Panthers need to start him to secure the number 1 pick. I agree Bryce young playing 17 games guarantees that, but I disagree with everythingelse.

1. Bryce isn't surviving 17 games

2. There is more to a season than winning the super bowl or getting the first over all pick

3. Tepper JUST fuged up the number 1 overall; no reason to expect he wouldn't do it again

4. It is discourse poison. People on here got so excited by Bryce BECAUSE he was the number 1 pick and would not shut up about him even when it was clear from the jump it wasn't going to work out. I don't want to fuging go through all this again for like Carson Beck.

Alright, that said, why do we need to bench or cut Bryce

1. Player development/evaluation - on offense, it's impossible to fairly evaluate anyone because of what Bryce is doing. I've brought this up multiple times, and only the coaches know for certain, but you can't tell me some of the oline issues last year weren't because of Bryce's "drop back." How do you block for someone you can't see when you have no idea where he actually is?

Additionally, you have resources tied up in young players, specifically XL, and you will learn nothing about them this year. Bryce can't make it past his first read and defenses know this. They're getting practice reps and game experience sure, but does anyone think XL is gonna go up for a catch this year that matters? On the other side of the ball, what do you know about your young pass rushers? Teams are going to be running out the clock on the Panthers all year. This is a complete wash on the defense.

2. Player safety - if Bryce doesn't get hurt, someone else will. He threw two check down hospital balls in garbage time today. If his interception wasn't such an easy pick, there was a defender there to light up the receiver. Whichever receiver ended up catching it, i don't understand that route at all and it makes me think it's just intended as a decoy. It's a dangerous game and I get it, but the receivers have to know that the QB isn't going to be leading them into a brick wall. Bryce is going to get someone killed.

3. Organizational integrity - the panthers are not a serious organization right now. Other teams have bad owners, other teams have bad coaches, other teams have bad players. The panthers are trotting out someone at the most important position who does not have the physical prerequisites to play at any position, and has shown he can't complete the required basics. What he did at Alabama doesn't matter. What the Panthers gave up for him doesn't matter. At this point you cannot say the Panthers are focused on winning games. You cannot say the Panthers are focused on the future.

The Panthers need to focus on becoming a competitive football organization and staying in games however they can. The Saints curb stomped them. The Chargers were nice today. On TV, LA looked like a team that knew it didn't need to do much to beat the Panthers. If the Panthers keep trotting Bryce out there, they will have nothing to build on week after week. Again, a lot of you only think "Super Bowl or 1st overall pick." Think of how many players from the 2003 team were drafted in the 90s. That team wasn't just Julius Peppers and Jake Delhomme. How many key players on the 2015 team were there with Fox? Again, there was more to that team than Cam and Luke.

With the way the organization is right now, how do you develop Mike Rucker? Where is Thomas Davis coming from? Do we know if we have a Josh Norman? Are we going to figure out if Brady Christensen is actually Ryan Kalil? The team is so bad right now we have no idea. And the one player that developed here out of nowhere, Frankie Luvu, was allowed to walk so the team would have cap space to try to help Bryce. (I'm still bitter about that and just throwing it out there.)

Another thought; whomever the top QB prospect ends up being, if you were his father, would you let him go to Carolina? Of course not.

4. Coach - How do you judge Canales right now? I would argue you can't but that it doesn't matter. He was unqualified when he was hired and he's shown why no other teams wanted an interview. Regardless, how can you actually evaluate him given these circumstances? And how can you expect him to try to get players to buy if he's not allowed to bench Bryce? All we know about this guy is he's starting Bryce for SOME REASON (reasonable people can speculate) and he's announced he's going to start him next week.

This is to say nothing about the next coach. Are we still going to be going through this charade? Is the next coach going to be an even bigger whisperer?

i don't want to fuging hear about the first round pick; that's a stupid argument. i don't want to hear about developing bryce; that poo has sailed. I just want to see a team that can actually compete and try to find reasons to be optimistic for next season.
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old Yesterday, 03:41 PM   #59
YOU take YOUR seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Michigan fans are gonna hate on Ohio State, they probably said Marvin Harrison JR sucks...
Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bump is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 03:43 PM   #60
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
This is from the Panthers Forum
All fair points, but Young sucked last year too. It just amazes me to see a team start the guy the first 2 games of the season and then bail on him so quickly. It would have made a lot more sense for them to have bailed on him before the year started. All the points in that article were equally as true before the season started.
RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.RedinTexas would the whole thing.