Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM  
Politically Incorrect

Airport food: Seems to have improved a lot but prices still crazy expensive

I've been on the road a lot this past year and with all the time spent at airports, it seems the food I have eaten is greatly improved over the first 35 years I traveled.

- Is it better quality restaurants?
- Needing to improve since it is so expensive?
- Am I just immune to shitty food and tolerate it?
- I have poor taste?
- I'm so hungry I would eat dog shit if they served it?
- I know some secret high class places for special people I go to?
- I think Airline Lounges serve good food for free?
- I drink too much and have no idea what the hell I am eating?

I'm currently sitting on an American Airlines flight from Norfolk to Charlotte and will be drinking soon, very soon.

So who is the travel food expert that can set the record straight?
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:40 PM   #46
C Chiefs once a year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
The bathrooms are like 2' x 2' and are the most claustrophobic shit I have ever seen. You have to turn sideways to slide in. There is no mile high club in the bathrooms anymore.

Now people just do the nasty under the blankets.

You flying/traveling with Hookers now?
Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Eureka is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:41 PM   #47
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Is this some kind of breakthrough? I've never found airport food to be bad at all and it's always been expensive.
I refuse to fly anymore since the airports quit taking cash. ****ing bullshit.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:43 PM   #48
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
When did you first start traveling?

Food used to suck in airports, on airplanes and at concessions.

It's made big progress.

I think the first airport I remember that suddenly had much better food was Denver.
This reminds me of getting to the airport in Munich, Germany for my flight home after being there 5 days on business.

All I wanted was some ice in my drink and was able to get it at the airport!

Last edited by HemiEd; Yesterday at 06:50 PM..
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:51 PM   #49
Cheat Death

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
After I get past security its usually straight to the bar to start my vacation.
It’s not rape if you consent
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM   #50
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eureka View Post
You flying/traveling with Hookers now?
That's crazy talk....
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 06:56 PM   #51
Politically Incorrect

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
It’s not rape if you consent
Not if they neglect the lube. That's just downright rude.
Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM   #52
Politically Incorrect

They just added another 35 minutes to the delay. That means at least one more margarita.

On number 4.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM   #53
Politically Incorrect

Another delay past midnight. I might just start doing heroin and simplify all this shit.
Old Yesterday, 07:26 PM   #54
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Yes, I will spend days driving across country so I can spend all my dollar bills over days!!!
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:27 PM   #55
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
Let's get you to bed boomer
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM   #56
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Yes, I will spend days driving across country so I can spend all my dollar bills over days!!!
Do gas stations still take cash?
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM   #57
What's up braj?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Do gas stations still take cash?
I used to be able to give the attendant 3 dimes to fill my vehicle up with petrol!!!
Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.Jewish Rabbi is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:32 PM   #58
sorta mod-ish

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCUnited View Post
Air travel is like going to a sporting event where I'm always blown away by the "need" to consume by people

Its typically 3-5 hours of your life and you can't go without paying 100x more than market price for food and drink

Its a phenomenon for sure

Get off my lawn rant: If you're going to do it though, keep it the terminal. People who nibble on some dank smelling Korean bibimbap in the terminal just to bust the rest of it out while sitting elbow to elbow on the flight deserve a special place in hell
A gentle reminder of what air travel used to be like

Economy class, 1960s

First class, 1960s

Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:36 PM   #59
Ultrabanned

When they stopped taking cash at the glory hole big Bill just cut out a card reader slot in stall number 3 at the Flying J. Didn’t slow his production down a bit
Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pablo is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM   #60
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser View Post
A gentle reminder of what air travel used to be like

Economy class, 1960s

Look at all those jabronis with their heads buried in newspaper and magazines.... the old guy at the bottom right is probably trying to tell the woman how people used to talk to each other back in his day, but she's too preoccupied to listen.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.