Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-16-2017, 08:47 AM  
Has a particular set of skills

Let's talk about Harris's catch.

We have visual evidence he had control of the ball with two feet down.

If someone leans forward and puts the ball across the goal line, then gets it batted away by the defense before he's down, its still a TD.

Reid says he didn't think it was a catch, so he didn't challenge. Why not challenge anyway. Sometimes you get the call when you didn't think you had a chance.

The only way I can see thats not a catch is that stupid rule of controlling the ball when going to the ground.

I havent heard from anyone who knows the rules inside and out. Was this a case of not controlling the ball when going to the ground?
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #46
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cochise View Post
I do not think it was a catch, in terms of completing the process. It was just a drop.

I also find it interesting that no one else, the announcers or anyone thought it worthy of a challenge, and there hasn't been any discussion in the media that I have seen about it being a questionable call, so I think this is most non-Chief fans' view on it.
Actually Romo did question it on the replay.
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:22 AM   #47
Supporter

IMO it was worth a challenge but it was most likely not going to get overturned, ended up not needing the timeout anyway. Should have taken the FG in the first place though
Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Ragged Robin has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 10:25 AM   #48
#RIPAce

3rd down call: Garbage.
Not taking the FG: Garbage.
4th down call: Garbage.
Not challenging? Yeah, Garbage.

That was a really bad sequence for Andy.
CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.CaliforniaChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:29 AM   #49
In Search of a Life

The more I watch it the more it looks like he does have possession and two feet down and it's in a controlled state
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:31 AM   #50
Emporer of Mongo

I'll admit this:

I thought it was a touchdown when I saw it. It looked like a TD that was ripped out after the fact....and I do not know, still...how this rule works. I have no clue what the proper ruling is. I have a feeling, since we didnt challenge it ...and no one made a stink over it...that it was not a TD....but thats simply a guess.

I'd love it if some of you drafturbator geniouses could enlighten me.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:32 AM   #51
Emporer of Mongo

And, absoluetly yes. I was horrified we didnt take the 3 points and move on.

Absolutely game losing decision, right there.
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:42 AM   #52
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
I thought it was a catch/TD, but I also do not have a clear understanding of the rules.
You're now qualified to referee and NFL football game.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #53
Plays to win the game!

The thing that burns me is the no call for challenge. Let the Refs decide the catch, maybe they give it to us and we have a chance. Taking it away wasn't egregious, but I would waste a timeout to at least try to get 7 points, instead of lose by 6.
Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Gravedigger Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2017, 11:03 AM   #54
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
Still has to complete the "process" which didn't happen IMO

Can you explain the "process".
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:06 AM   #55
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaChief View Post
3rd down call: Garbage.
Not taking the FG: Garbage.
4th down call: Garbage.
Not challenging? Yeah, Garbage.

That was a really bad sequence for Andy.

These attributes are why some of us just love the fat guy.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:16 AM   #56
Veteran

So is this correct? if it is ruled a score it gets automatically reviewed but if ruled not a score the coach has to challenge?
FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.FishingRod wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:22 AM   #57
Starter

Not challenging this play is dumb. Its an extremely controversial play that you want the refs to determine the outcome of after a second look...
nbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutnbarone007 is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Old 10-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #58
In Search of a Life

How can anyone be mad that Reid was aggressive and went for 7?

People kill him all prior years for being too conservative, settling for FG's, having no sense of urgency when trying to score, etc.

I love aggressive Andy.
Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Chiefnj2 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:26 AM   #59
Grand champ

Let's talk about Harris's catch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2 View Post
How can anyone be mad that Reid was aggressive and went for 7?

People kill him all prior years for being too conservative, settling for FG's, having no sense of urgency when trying to score, etc.

I love aggressive Andy.

There are times to be aggressive and times not to be. That simply was not one of them.

.. and the worst part, aside from possibly costing us this game, is it’ll likely make him more gun shy later on when it actually is smart to be aggressive.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-16-2017, 11:27 AM   #60
Be Kind To Your Pets

If it's Brady to Gronk, it's a TD. Smith to Harris, not so much...
gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.gblowfish is obviously part of the inner Circle.