Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-19-2023, 10:45 AM  
Emporer of Mongo

Tourist(s) missing in submarine while trying to reach the Titannic

https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/u-s-coa...-sub-1.6446841

Quote:
A search and rescue operation is currently underway to locate a submarine that went missing during an expedition to the Titanic.
The U.S. Coast Guard was looking for the submarine Monday morning after it disappeared during the expedition from St. John's, N.L. The infamous 1912 wreck is located more than 600 kilometres southeast of the province in the North Atlantic Ocean.
The trip to the Titanic was being run by OceanGate Expeditions, a U.S.-based company. It uses a five-person submersible named Titan to reach the wreckage 3,800 metres below the surface. OceanGate's website advertises a seven-night voyage to the Titanic for US$250,000 per person, or approximately CA$330,000.
"We are exploring and mobilizing all options to bring the crew back safely," an OceanGate spokesperson said in an email to CTV News. "Our entire focus is on the crewmembers in the submersible and their families."

Those tours are a series of five eight-day missions to the Titanic with the money raised by tourists going towards Titanic research. Posts on social media show the ship launched from the St. John's area last week.

Did they really have 5 people in this?? Or do they have a larger version??

Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:30 PM   #46
Veteran

1,517 people would say "Been there, done that. Not fun." 111 years ago.

BTW, it cost $133,132 for a first class ticket on the Titanic in todays dollars. I guess a sucker is born every century.
Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Holladay Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:30 PM   #47
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi Part Deux View Post
I wonder if there's any chance they find them alive? I can't imagine how terrifying it must be if they ARE still alive.
They reportedly carry four days worth of air, so theres always a chance they're just stuck on the bottom alive
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:32 PM   #48
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's presuming a catastrophic failure.

Seems equally, if not MORE likely, that something failed and it's either stuck in wreckage or just sitting there on bottom while they slowly asphyxiate.

I mean it's designed to handle the pressures of that depth. Yeah, something could've failed that led to an implosion, but it could also just be disabled and sitting there well within its operational limits.

I mean you're cruising a wreck - how hard would it be to have snagged a cable or something? If that's the case, I'm just not sure what they can get out there in time. There are just a handful of submersibles that can operate at that depth and fewer still that can manipulate items. There's no way they can get something on scene on time - is there?

EDIT: Evidently the Alvin is still in Massachusetts at Woods Hole. Is there anything else like it in the world? And I have to believe the process of making it seaworthy for that kind of dive is a matter of months, not days. (EDIT) Nope - nevermind. Woods says the Alvin is on the West Coast. So it's out.

Feel like these folks are boned.
I was also envisioning the latter.
crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crispystl Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:38 PM   #49
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by In58men View Post
Just swim back up
This seems like the most logical solution
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2023, 04:51 PM   #50
Would an idiot do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
Holy shit. Guess it's a better way to die than the last 'shitty ways to die' incident I read about, Nutty Putty Cave.
Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bearcat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:54 PM   #51
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Holy shit. Guess it's a better way to die than the last 'shitty ways to die' incident I read about, Nutty Putty Cave.
My freakin' YouTube algorithm took me down the "cave death" rabbit hole a few weeks ago.

Spent hours binge watching that shit.

I am goooood. Nope. No caves for me. Shit, i didn't even need to see all them videos to know that i'm good off caves. Creepy Af.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:58 PM   #52
Veteran

They're giving these guys 70 hours to live. David Blaine was underwater for 7 days and didn't have the luxury of a submarine either!
Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.Womble would the whole thing.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:59 PM   #53
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by crispystl View Post
Damn they got the full ****ing experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This post needs more upthumbs.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 04:59 PM   #54
pie is never free

Quote:
Originally Posted by Womble View Post
They're giving these guys 70 hours to live. David Blaine was underwater for 7 days and didn't have the luxury of a submarine either!
Thats because he's in league with SATAN!
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:01 PM   #55
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut View Post
That's presuming a catastrophic failure.

Seems equally, if not MORE likely, that something failed and it's either stuck in wreckage or just sitting there on bottom while they slowly asphyxiate.

I mean it's designed to handle the pressures of that depth. Yeah, something could've failed that led to an implosion, but it could also just be disabled and sitting there well within its operational limits.

I mean you're cruising a wreck - how hard would it be to have snagged a cable or something? If that's the case, I'm just not sure what they can get out there in time. There are just a handful of submersibles that can operate at that depth and fewer still that can manipulate items. There's no way they can get something on scene on time - is there?

EDIT: Evidently the Alvin is still in Massachusetts at Woods Hole. Is there anything else like it in the world? And I have to believe the process of making it seaworthy for that kind of dive is a matter of months, not days. (EDIT) Nope - nevermind. Woods says the Alvin is on the West Coast. So it's out.

Feel like these folks are boned.

I bet they didn't have the child locks engaged for the doors and windows.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:02 PM   #56
Ain't no relax!

Somebody probably ignored the sign that said "Don't open this window."
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:03 PM   #57
Needs more middle fingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat View Post
Gah now im over here reviewing this one. Giving me anxiety. BLAH.
ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.ToxSocks is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:07 PM   #58
Woman should only make babies

Would smash
Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Demonpenz is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 05:15 PM   #59
SuperChiefs

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins View Post
If you all want to read the gnarliest description of a worksite incident ever, look up the explosive decompression known as the Byford Dolphin Incident.
At least they were dead before they knew what hit them
FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FlaChief58 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 06-19-2023, 10:25 PM   #60
Emporer of Mongo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pawnmower View Post

no one even cared I nailed this in one take

no one cared how much emotion this provoked
Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.Ming the Merciless is obviously part of the inner Circle.