Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 06-27-2016, 11:23 AM  
Kind of a mod

Investing megathread extravaganza

A place to talk about investing stuff.

Last edited by DaFace; 02-19-2021 at 06:35 PM..
DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaFace is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-30-2020, 03:30 PM   #5971
Spooky Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
So , is this a good strategy???

Find mutual funds that have a really good return over the last 1 year/ 3 year period.

Pull up their portfolio and look at their top holdings

Invest in their top three since they are driving the return they're getting.

For example : ARKW which is actually an ETF is 62% 1 year and 41% 3 years

Their top 3 holdings are TSLA, SQ, ROKU

All have blown away the market over the last year.

Thoughts?

If I had some confidence the trend would continue with those stocks I'd be the guy that just bought the ETF, especially with those returns. I like pretty safe bets. Too often the past performance doesn't predict future performance when it comes to this stuff.
EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.EPodolak 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-30-2020, 09:37 PM   #5972
The pizza king of kansas

Wss going to buy lowes but changed my mind go gevo instead and titan phama

Last edited by big nasty kcnut; 08-30-2020 at 09:50 PM..
big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.big nasty kcnut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:09 AM   #5973
Fish are scared of me

Go Tesla GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 08:22 AM   #5974
Andy Reid Supporter

Apple and Tesla are damn good deals today. You would be a fool not to buy
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #5975
MVP

Tesla is a rocket today.
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:23 AM   #5976
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:26 AM   #5977
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SupDock View Post
Tesla is a rocket today.
The best things to happen for me in 2020 are not dying of covid, the Chiefs Super Bowl win, and owning Tesla stock.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 10:32 AM   #5978
MVP

I know tons of people are making money on Tesla, and I am admittedly tempted to buy some individual shares (I already have some by means of my index funds).

I am just too risk averse to buying at the current price. I think they are a great company with a tremendous future, but I think it is completely overvalued.

Granted, if you believe in them long term it's not a bad time to buy, but I expect a market correction. Then again, people have been talking about a Tesla correction for ages
Old 08-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #5979
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
LOL. I bought 2 Tesla and 2 Apple last week so now I have 10 and 8 after the split.

Up $1200

I've been in and out of Amazon the last 2 years but now don't own . I really want to buy a couple now because when they announce a split you're going to see a 60% run
Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hog's Gone Fishin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:03 AM   #5980
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
I know tons of people are making money on Tesla, and I am admittedly tempted to buy some individual shares (I already have some by means of my index funds).

I am just too risk averse to buying at the current price. I think they are a great company with a tremendous future, but I think it is completely overvalued.

Granted, if you believe in them long term it's not a bad time to buy, but I expect a market correction. Then again, people have been talking about a Tesla correction for ages
I bought about $5k of Tesla three years ago, and quickly saw a notable decline. When it got back to breakeven I sold half of it and breathed a sigh of relief that I could lower my risk. I really wish I had that half back now. But the half that I kept is destroying worlds. $2,500 has become $19,000 in a year and I'm going to keep riding that flying unicorn.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:05 AM   #5981
He's Mahomie!

Sold some Gold today to purchase a car. Felt so cool to pay w/something other than Fiat.

I hate car payments.
MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahiMike is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:12 AM   #5982
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
I bought about $5k of Tesla three years ago, and quickly saw a notable decline. When it got back to breakeven I sold half of it and breathed a sigh of relief that I could lower my risk. I really wish I had that half back now. But the half that I kept is destroying worlds. $2,500 has become $19,000 in a year and I'm going to keep riding that flying unicorn.
What are your thoughts on buying right now?
Old 08-31-2020, 11:13 AM   #5983
Fish are scared of me

Zoom and Square need to be in a persons portfolio
Old 08-31-2020, 11:14 AM   #5984
Fish are scared of me

Quote:
What are your thoughts on buying right now?
I know you're asking Rainman but personally I think its still a buy if you plan to hold long term.
Old 08-31-2020, 11:17 AM   #5985
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin View Post
I know you're asking Rainman but personally I think its still a buy if you plan to hold long term.
I think that's probably true, too.
Overall I feel like I did miss the window, they are up like 900 percent in the last year or so?