Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:01 PM   #571
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedChief View Post
Absolutely. But tell me which constellation of remaining FAs we’d sign that would be very satisfying.

It’ll be a hodgepodge no doubt, and the end result could end up better. But nothing is going to feel great in my view.
Securing the services — insurance policies perhaps you’d day — of Mike Danna, Donovan Smith, and some WR 3/4 type would feel good for me.

Then everything in the draft is basically just strengthening what you had last year.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 5 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:02 PM   #572
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
In what world is a 3 totally valueless?

It’s not what we wanted, but it’s still a damn 3.
Pure garbage. Maybe move up 4 slots with it
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:03 PM   #573
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni View Post
Pure garbage. Maybe move up 4 slots with it
Who said they have to move up?

They could just keep the pick and it turn into pick 70-75 next year. That isn’t nothing. At all.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 8 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:03 PM   #574
Why so serious?

Quote:
I don’t think the future 3 = a 4 process works with Kansas City.

Maybe for franchises that where the GM and coach are fighting for their jobs, who need to win this year just to remain with the franchise.

But Veach and Andy know they’re gonna be here in 2025. So whether they decide to keep the pick and have two 3s next year or they elect to use it this year in a trade up, it’s the same value IMO.
Yeah, I don’t buy that. It creates a complete hole on your roster for the upcoming season because you don’t have the pick to replace the player. And if you want to turn around and immediately trade one of those future picks, the rest of the league devalues the pick.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #575
The Insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 View Post
Why do I feel like the Titans made out like bandits?
They are paying for a 27 year old cornerback with bad knees. Chiefs robbed them.
ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.ChiefsCountry is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #576
Starter

Quote:
For starters, it’s not a 3rd. It’s a 4th because of how picks in future years are valued.

And yes, because you can move the money around to make it work and create 19.8mm elsewhere. That has implications for future seasons and future decisions, sure. But this does as well.

And yeah, if he leaves next year and we get nothing, we at least have a real possibility of a compensatory pick. Because next offseason we’re very likely to lose some high value player otherwise in Bolton, Creed, or Smith which would make us more likely to actually realize the compensatory third.

They could also hold it till it appreciates back into a legit 3. Then it will be viewed as stellar ammo for team building toward the 4-peat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brooklyn must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:04 PM   #577
Consuming CP souls

Quote:
Yeah, I don’t buy that. It creates a complete hole on your roster for the upcoming season because you don’t have the pick to replace the player. And if you want to turn around and immediately trade one of those future picks, the rest of the league devalues the pick.
Exactly. Better said.
Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pasta Little Brioni is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:05 PM   #578
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Absolutely. But tell me which constellation of remaining FAs we’d sign that would be very satisfying.

It’ll be a hodgepodge no doubt, and the end result could end up better. But nothing is going to feel great in my view.
I agree, but that hodgepodge is a necessary. Sure we could have pushed out some cap, but that isn't wise, even if you are going to a 3-peat. I think with our depth we will be fine, particularly with the offense being better and we are in much better shape for next years decisions.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #579
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
It’s not all about 2024, though.

We all wanna three-peat badly but the Chiefs were never gonna go “all in”. Veach knows that if he spreads his resources out they can win at a level we’ve never seen before over Mahomes’ 15+ year career, nor will ever see again.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:06 PM   #580
In Search of a Life

You can value it as a 4th for the sake of a trade/discussion, but when/if that's a top 75 pick next year, it's going to be what it is.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 12:07 PM   #581
Why so serious?

Quote:
Securing the services — insurance policies perhaps you’d day — of Mike Danna, Donovan Smith, and some WR 3/4 type would feel good for me.

Then everything in the draft is basically just strengthening what you had last year.
And I’m fully confident this is what they’re going to end up doing with it. The alternative is keeping Sneed, moving money around with Thuney or Taylor, and bringing back Danna and Smith and prioritizing WR in round 1 or 2 of the draft. I would’ve rather gone in that direction.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:10 PM   #582
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

Quote:
And I’m fully confident this is what they’re going to end up doing with it. The alternative is keeping Sneed, moving money around with Thuney or Taylor, and bringing back Danna and Smith and prioritizing WR in round 1 or 2 of the draft. I would’ve rather gone in that direction.
Which would’ve been a fine solution if they ever were OK paying Sneed $20m — which I think we now recognize they were never gonna do.

So taking the picks is a solid outcome given that he was never gonna be on our roster.

If TENN doesn’t step up to the plate, I’m not certain we don’t rescind the tag.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:11 PM   #583
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
In what world is a 3 totally valueless?

It’s not what we wanted, but it’s still a damn 3.
Rams got a late 3 for Ramsey. Bucs got a late 3 for Davis. Packers got a late 3 for Douglas. Chiefs will get a better 3rd than all those teams got.

The Titans will be a mid 3 at worst. In fact odds are it could be a top 10 pick considering their schedule and the other 3 teams in their division all had winning records last year.

Based on the Chiefs recent draft position that draft pick could only be a mere 10-11 picks after where our 2nd would be.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 12:11 PM   #584
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
I’ll put it like this:

I thought our floor was a 3. I thought our ceiling was a 2. We got a 4.

The value of the 4 allows us to move from 32 to 28.
The value of the 3 allows us to move from 32 to 24.
The value of the 2 allows us to move up from 32 to 17.

(Obviously it’s all only possible if the team will trade with us, but just speaking strictly from a value perspective.)

I’m sure Veach isn’t happy with how this wound up either. We don’t need to pretend to be.
With the talent depth at OT and WR, depending on how the 1st round goes, you might be able to stay put at 32 and get an OT you had valued there and try to move up from 64 to get a WR you value. The way the roster is now. LT has to be at the top of our list. WR is still a need, but realistically that is likely going to be the 4th receiving option the first year (Rice/Kelce and Brown).
VAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliVAChief 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 03-23-2024, 12:11 PM   #585
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
You can value it as a 4th for the sake of a trade/discussion, but when/if that's a top 75 pick next year, it's going to be what it is.
Let’s take this to an extreme. Would you rather have a 1st this year in a trade or a 1st in 5 years? After all, Mahomes will be here in 5 years, and imagine having an extra first then. Because it’s going to be what it is.

I get why things can be a little different with the Chiefs. But they likely value deferred picks similar to other teams.