Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:36 AM   #571
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
I'm not too hung up on the route tree, but I'm having a hard time getting past the four years of nada production only to become Megatron in year 5.

I just can't get past that.
I know. It's problematic for me as well. But if I did learn anything from D.K. Metcalf (who I thought would NOT translate to the NFL well at all, was way wrong on), it's to look at some context on their college stats.

His true freshman year, he didn't play much - which isn't unusual, especially for a player moving positions from HS (he was a QB in high school).

His sophomore year, he played some in a bad passing offense that threw for less than 2000 yards in 10 games and had bad QB play coordinated by a bad group of coaches. He also missed time with a hamstring injury.

His junior year (21) South Carolina had a new coach who actually thinks offense is worthwhile, but the QB situation was still an issue.

2022 is the first year Legette had even close to a legitimate QB on his team,, and he didn't earn much PT.

2023 was obviously a breakout.

So what does it all mean? It's possible you've got a late bloomer who seized an opportunity once it finally really presented itself (Juice Wells getting injured).

You have to evaluate closely and see how he fits, but everything I can find about him mentions his work ethic and willingness to keep grinding.

It would be a risky first-round pick, but with the size/seed of Legette, if there wasn't some risk KC would never have a chance to pick him.

I think it will end up being moot if he goes to the combine and legit measures in at 6-2/6-3, 220 pounds, with 4.3 speed.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 09:46 AM   #572
In Search of a Life

Yeah, if I'm gonna whiff I'll whiff on THAT guy....not Skyy Moore
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:01 AM   #573
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Yeah, if I'm gonna whiff I'll whiff on THAT guy....not Skyy Moore
'Tez Walker is a guy I say "yeah, if I miss, I'll miss on HIM and not the undersized dude without a route tree..."

But I can see that same argument being made for Legette. That's a pick that isn't likely to be the pick I'd make, but if the Chiefs made it I would be okay with it. I can see why they would. I don't think he's as complementary to Rice as other guys they could pursue might be; he does a lot of the same kinds of things.

But hey, even that wouldn't be the worst thing in the world. Keep Hardman around to run fast. If Legette turned into a reasonable facsimile of Rice and we had 2 of those guys plus a waterbug like Hardman, I could most assuredly make due with that...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:04 AM   #574
In Search of a Life

Oh, I'd much rather have a real technician over across from Rashee or a real deep threat guy.

I think Legette could be that, but if he doesn't hit that, with that skillset he can be SOMETHING atleast.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:17 AM   #575
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Oh, I fully consider Legette a deep threat guy. He isn’t JUST that, but at his size with that speed would be pretty dangerous on deep overs and flys.

If you want a player to command the safeties staying deep to free up the short and intermediate zones for Kelce and Rice, Legette or Franklin are the guys to look at, with where the Chiefs are.
duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.duncan_idaho is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-18-2024, 10:23 AM   #576
In Search of a Life

I'm looking for a guy that can be that pretty quick, but alos has the ability to be a legitimate force once Kelce ages out.

Rice has shown that he can do that.

I don't know that any of these others outside the top 3 are more than complimentary types.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:04 AM   #577
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
I'm looking for a guy that can be that pretty quick, but alos has the ability to be a legitimate force once Kelce ages out.

I don't know that any of these others outside the top 3 are more than complimentary types.

None is clearly more than that. There are several with the potential to be more than complements and history would suggest some would be.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:09 PM   #578
MVP

Quote:

But you do need complimentary types. Rice has all the look and feel of a traditional "X" receiver and go-to player but then we severely lack at the Z and Slot with good move types that can take it yard. One of the reasons I'm so incredibly high on Franklin is that he fits that speed Z role so well. I envision Rice and Franklin as our version of AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith, and that's just not a bad combination. I'm also high on Mooney and Hollywood because they can split time between Z and Slot roles and move around within the formations to create matchups, and Reid loves to do that. You improve the complimentary pieces around Rice and now you have a really potent passing attack. You don't need three of Rice.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 12:12 PM   #579
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
But you do need complimentary types. Rice has all the look and feel of a traditional "X" receiver and go-to player but then we severely lack at the Z and Slot with good move types that can take it yard. One of the reasons I'm so incredibly high on Franklin is that he fits that speed Z role so well. I envision Rice and Franklin as our version of AJ Brown and DeVonta Smith, and that's just not a bad combination. I'm also high on Mooney and Hollywood because they can split time between Z and Slot roles and move around within the formations to create matchups, and Reid loves to do that. You improve the complimentary pieces around Rice and now you have a really potent passing attack. You don't need three of Rice.
I'm not about spending an early pick on a complementary guy though is my thing. Especially when I can get a guy that I don't think is much different in the 2nd/3rd round.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:18 PM   #580
MVP

Quote:
I'm not about spending an early pick on a complementary guy though is my thing. Especially when I can get a guy that I don't think is much different in the 2nd/3rd round.
That doesn't always work out really well though. Who would you rather have in the slot? Zay Flowers or Skyy Moore? Do you like Jordan Addison as #2? I'd sure love him over MVS. How about your boy Brandon Aiyuk who has been a compliment to Deebo? Taking a compliment in round 1 isn't a bad thing IMO.
kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.kccrow 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:24 PM   #581
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by kccrow View Post
That doesn't always work out really well though. Who would you rather have in the slot? Zay Flowers or Skyy Moore? Do you like Jordan Addison as #2? I'd sure love him over MVS. How about your boy Brandon Aiyuk who has been a compliment to Deebo? Taking a compliment in round 1 isn't a bad thing IMO.
You made my point for me there.

Aiyuk isn't a compliment with his skill set. He's a legit outside Batman, he just happens to have another Batman there.

Flowers and Addison are probably more complements long term with their skill set. I don't care for that.

I think they'll be better, but there is a universe out there that those two guys end up more Hardman than whoever.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:27 PM   #582
In Search of a Life

At WR, size and physical attributes just matter. Look at Devonta Smith in Philly once AJ went MIA.

If they can add another good WR, great go for it, they should. But they can add a guy like that alot cheaper and more cost effective than using a first on it.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:41 PM   #583
No Title

can't say i'm too high on legette. spending a first round pick on a late bloomer with these eerily familiar weaknesses? no thanks.

Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.Hark Clunt would the whole thing.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:00 PM   #584
M-I-Z-Z-O-U

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hark Clunt View Post
can't say i'm too high on legette. spending a first round pick on a late bloomer with these eerily familiar weaknesses? no thanks.

Don't rely on Draft Buzz for scouting reports.

Draft Network is more complete and more up to date. Here's a link for you.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:09 PM   #585
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
At WR, size and physical attributes just matter. Look at Devonta Smith in Philly once AJ went MIA.

If they can add another good WR, great go for it, they should. But they can add a guy like that alot cheaper and more cost effective than using a first on it.
Sure, if you trust their scouting at the position. History, Rice notwithstanding, shows that they are more likely to take the wrong guy if they end up waiting.

Hell, you said you wouldn’t be opposed to an interior OL in the 1st. A “complimentary” WR similar to Addison, D. Smith, Flowers, etc. is a hell of a lot more valuable than a guard.
OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.OKchiefs is not part of the Right 53.