Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #571
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Count Zarth View Post
I don't plan that far ahead, sorry.

In fact, I'm going to finish my leftovers now, and need some more chicken! ZAP!
You can thaw out chicken pretty quickly, if still wrapped, in a bowl of warm water. Then unwrap.

However, I was referring to zapping those chicken nuggets for children. It destroys the meat's flavor and nutrition.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:09 PM   #572
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! View Post
^^^^this^^^^
Mine meat hardly thaw out in time in the fridge. I do it overnight but have to finish it later on the counter for a bit.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #573
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
You don't thaw uncooked frozen seafood in the fridge?
Who buys uncooked frozen seafood or who would freeze fresh seafood?
It should only be bought fresh on the day you're going to eat it ideally.
The texture and flavor changes and not for the better.

Only think I'd eat frozen fish when it's something like fish sticks as a quickie meal.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:14 PM   #574
Mod Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
You can thaw out chicken pretty quickly, if still wrapped, in a bowl of warm water. Then unwrap.

However, I was referring to zapping those chicken nuggets for children. It destroys the meat's flavor and nutrition.
Um what? Any form of cooking causing nutrients to be lost. You simply must avoid over-cooking to avoid a big loss of nutrients. However, microwaving really isn't near the top of the bad list, especially for something like Chicken Nuggets. That's a total myth.
lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.lewdog is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:17 PM   #575
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Who buys uncooked frozen seafood or who would freeze fresh seafood?
It should only be bought fresh on the day you're going to eat it ideally.
The texture and flavor changes and not for the better.

Only think I'd eat frozen fish when it's something like fish sticks as a quickie meal.
Well, how about anyone in the world that wants seafood but doesn't have access to fresh - like pretty much anyone more than an hour or so away from a major body of water?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:19 PM   #576
pie is never free

Grilled burgers stuffed with bleu cheese, grilled corn on the cob, baked potato and a caesar salad.
Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Easy 6 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:22 PM   #577
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

You shouldn't thaw in warm water, that's a good way to let bacteria grow rapidly.

If you have the time, put it in a bowl of cold tap water and change out the bowl every half hour. That will do most steaks or chicken in under an hour, even in the fridge as water is a very effective heat conductor.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #578
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Oh well! I've survived this long.

Wouldn't the stove or oven heat kill any germs?

Old 08-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #579
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewdog View Post
Um what? Any form of cooking causing nutrients to be lost. You simply must avoid over-cooking to avoid a big loss of nutrients. However, microwaving really isn't near the top of the bad list, especially for something like Chicken Nuggets. That's a total myth.
Some forms of cooking release nutrients too. Like in carrots. This is why you need to eat some cooked and some raw food as opposed to all raw diets.

A well-trained nutritionist and most natural health people will tell you the microwave is actually destructive to food. But even to those who don't believe that, will tell you to never use it for meat. Even Martha Stewart will tell you not to use of for many things as it alters the flavor and taste even if water. Even tea tastes blah from microwaved water.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #580
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

So where is the evidence?

In 1991, there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma concerning the hospital use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. The case involved a hip surgery patient, Norma Levitt, who died from a simple blood transfusion.

It seems the nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven. This tragedy makes it very apparent that there's much more to "heating" with microwaves than we've been led to believe. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. In the case of Mrs. Levitt, the microwaving altered the blood and it killed her.

It's very obvious that this form of microwave radiation "heating" does something to the substances it heats. It's also becoming quite apparent that people who process food in a microwave oven are also ingesting these "unknowns"....

Dr. Hertel was the first scientist to conceive and carry out a quality clinical study on the effects microwaved nutrients have on the blood and physiology of the human body.

http://foodmatters.tv/articles-1/wha...to-your-health
Microwaves work differently than a conventional heat source.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:50 PM   #581
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Some forms of cooking release nutrients too. Like in carrots. This is why you need to eat some cooked and some raw food as opposed to all raw diets.

A well-trained nutritionist and most natural health people will tell you the microwave is actually destructive to food. But even to those who don't believe that, will tell you to never use it for meat. Even Martha Stewart will tell you not to use of for many things as it alters the flavor and taste even if water. Even tea tastes blah from microwaved water.
That's a common misconception, but it's bullshit. Most food scientists say microwaving is actually one of the BEST ways to retain nutrients. To retain the most nutrients you want to use the least amount of liquid and cook it as fast as you can, which is exactly what microwaving does (assuming you're using the microwave right).

Top six results from a simple Google search for "does microwave destroy nutrients":

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...and-nutrition/
http://io9.com/do-microwave-ovens-ki...ood-1443585868
http://www.health.harvard.edu/fhg/up...utrition.shtml
http://www.thekitchn.com/fact-or-fic...trients-178081
http://www.cnn.com/2014/01/21/health...rowaving-food/
http://www.livestrong.com/article/36...ood-nutrients/

Old 08-23-2014, 03:52 PM   #582
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Oh well! I've survived this long.

Wouldn't the stove or oven heat kill any germs?
Depends on what the bacteria is, what you're cooking, and how hot you're cooking it.

Old 08-23-2014, 03:55 PM   #583
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:

In 1991, there was a lawsuit in Oklahoma concerning the hospital use of a microwave oven to warm blood needed in a transfusion. The case involved a hip surgery patient, Norma Levitt, who died from a simple blood transfusion.

It seems the nurse had warmed the blood in a microwave oven. This tragedy makes it very apparent that there's much more to "heating" with microwaves than we've been led to believe. Blood for transfusions is routinely warmed, but not in microwave ovens. In the case of Mrs. Levitt, the microwaving altered the blood and it killed her.

It's very obvious that this form of microwave radiation "heating" does something to the substances it heats. It's also becoming quite apparent that people who process food in a microwave oven are also ingesting these "unknowns"....

Dr. Hertel was the first scientist to conceive and carry out a quality clinical study on the effects microwaved nutrients have on the blood and physiology of the human body.

No shit, really?

I'm not going to get into a debate about whether the microwave is safe or isn't, or if we're frying our brains and making us all infertile... I will argue that the microwave doesn't destroy the nutrients if you're using it right (with a small amount of water to create a steaming effect).

Old 08-23-2014, 03:56 PM   #584
MVP

Quote:

That is a hoax. Norma Levitt did die but of a blood clot.
GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.GloucesterChief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.

Old 08-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #585
Yum! Buc Marshmellows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! View Post
No shit, really?

I'm not going to get into a debate about whether the microwave is safe or isn't, or if we're frying our brains and making us all infertile... I will argue that the microwave doesn't destroy the nutrients if you're using it right (with a small amount of water to create a steaming effect).
I realize you and others aren't going agree. So let's agree to disagree on the health aspects. As someone into natural health, there are better methods. However, it does heat differently than conventional cooking and affects certain dishes adversely just from a cooking viewpoint.

I used to use it, just never for meat. Results not so great. I used to use it for veggies, as cooking faster or in less time preserves nutrients on them. Baked potatoes were never as good as in the oven. It was a a texture change. You could see it and taste it. So it can't do certain things well. Same with tea. Tastes horrible and I can tell when someone serves me tea made in one.

I haven't used it for meals in ten years. Only to melt something like marshmallows to make fondant for decorations.

Closed Thread