Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-31-2023, 09:55 PM  
In Search of a Life

Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome

staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:42 AM   #571
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
As always there's two sides to this. I tend to agree that theres a double standard. Largely I don't give a **** what she did because athletes, especially male athletes, do this all the time and to a large degree Caitlin Clark does it too and she didn't seem to care. At the same time what Reese did was excessive and definitely way beyond what Clark did. Clark was just being cocky and clapping back. Reese was taunting. Again, I don't think it's classless or anything. Just part of the game. But they aren't one in the same.

Where I'm a lot more bothered is the way dawn Staley threw bait and the media took it and somehow turned Clark into a cocky asshole and her supporters as racist hypocrites. She screamed racism because the Iowa coach complimented her team for being "bar fighters" meaning they play tough and scrappy. She then tried to parallel that to racist insults that I don't think were ever said. That's what Reese fed off of because it doesn't seem like Iowa was being disrespectful specifically to lsu. This is coming from someone who doesn't root for Iowa and is usually plenty supportive if diversity efforts. I thought Staley crossed the line and the media took the bait and unfairly dogpiled on Iowa.

The compliment was taken as a racist dig. Cant say anything anymore.

I like you take. This shit has gone far enough. Get it out of the news.
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:45 AM   #572
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Sure because there are people in every race who do that.

Do you honestly believe that racism only exists when people are standing up and yelling the N word?
No, of course not. I've already conceded that it is in fact about race for some of the people complaining/criticizing.

But here's the problem. Now, any white person that criticizes her actions gets thrown in with those people.

Look at Dave Portnoy. I know he's a ****ing jackass 99% of the time, but his criticism was fair. It had nothing to do with race, yet he's become the poster boy for "white people are racist" with this issue. I've seen people calling for his black employees to speak up in protest of a ****ing OPINION.

We can't go so far the other way that white people aren't allowed to criticize the actions of black people without being labeled racist. That's just absurd.
staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.staylor26 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 09:49 AM   #573
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
Yep black people spend all day thinking of ways bring White folk down.
"Only white people are racist"

This is why you don't get a legitimate response. There's no point in having this discussion with people that think like this.
Old 04-04-2023, 09:57 AM   #574
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by staylor26 View Post
"Only white people are racist"

This is why you don't get a legitimate response. There's no point in having this discussion with people that think like this.
When did I say that? As usual you're just a defensive little pussy.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:00 AM
staylor26
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:00 AM
staylor26
This message has been deleted by staylor26.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:04 AM   #575
Veteran

Quote:
Maybe you need to go back and actually ****ing read then you dumb ****.
I asked if white people played the "why has everything got to be about race?" card at more crucial times in histrory, than over a basketball game. I think it is a valid question.
Danguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliDanguardace 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 04-04-2023, 10:07 AM   #576
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danguardace View Post
I asked if white people played the "why has everything got to be about race?" card at more crucial times in histrory, than over a basketball game. I think it is a valid question.
That's not the post I quoted you stupid mother****er.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:11 AM   #577
Veteran

Quote:
That's not the post I quoted you stupid mother****er.
Of course
Old 04-04-2023, 10:17 AM   #578
MVP

This thread is still going? Must be a slow week. Who cares, they lost. NEXT
ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.ARROW2 has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:22 AM   #579
You gotta kill a few people

I don't really care much about any of this, but I do have to laugh at those who think Reese following Clark around for 10 seconds gloating after the game is excessive/disrespectful/classless but DON'T think Clark legitimately waving off the player at the 3-point line mid game is similarly disrespectful.
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:24 AM   #580
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
I don't really care much about any of this, but I do have to laugh at those who think Reese following Clark around for 10 seconds gloating after the game is excessive/disrespectful/classless but DON'T think Clark legitimately waving off the player at the 3-point line mid game is similarly disrespectful.
It's like a bunch of SB referee's in here calling back the catch fumble, "She didn't maintain the disrespect for long enough."
jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.jd1020 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:34 AM   #581
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Oh look....MarkDavis' reeruned ass is here to downvote every one of my posts. Right on time.
Just returning the favor.
MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.MarkDavis'Haircut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:41 AM   #582
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
They're both disrespectful to varying degrees, sure.

But we all draw the line somewhere. We were fine with Kelce's shit talking after the AFCCG, but we also agreed that JuJu went to far after the SB.

What Clark did in the OP and what Angel did are not the same exact thing. Not even really that close. I highly doubt we are even having this discussion if Angel does the same exact thing in the OP.

She followed her around after the game taunting her fore 15 secs, even doing the L on her forehead by the bench area after, then more of it in her IG live. It was the epitome of "excessive", and there's nothing wrong with describing it that way.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:46 AM   #583
CP'S "MOST HATED" 😆

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 View Post
As always there's two sides to this. I tend to agree that theres a double standard. Largely I don't give a **** what she did because athletes, especially male athletes, do this all the time and to a large degree Caitlin Clark does it too and she didn't seem to care. At the same time what Reese did was excessive and definitely way beyond what Clark did. Clark was just being cocky and clapping back. Reese was taunting. Again, I don't think it's classless or anything. Just part of the game. But they aren't one in the same.

Where I'm a lot more bothered is the way dawn Staley threw bait and the media took it and somehow turned Clark into a cocky asshole and her supporters as racist hypocrites. She screamed racism because the Iowa coach complimented her team for being "bar fighters" meaning they play tough and scrappy. She then tried to parallel that to racist insults that I don't think were ever said. That's what Reese fed off of because it doesn't seem like Iowa was being disrespectful specifically to lsu. This is coming from someone who doesn't root for Iowa and is usually plenty supportive if diversity efforts. I thought Staley crossed the line and the media took the bait and unfairly dogpiled on Iowa.
I don't get why folks keep harping on about Dawn Staley. Her team were dominating the competition all year and folks were complaining about their style and comparing them to "the bad boy pistons" and not in a good way hence why the Iowa coach talking about a "bar fight" was offensive to Carolina. She also said media personnel were making prejudice comments behind their backs which got back to Dawn. What's wrong with that?

These games were the first time since the 60s or something that an all white starting five were facing an all black starting five so an anomaly like this was always gonna shine a light on race. If Clark was black on an all black team would the ratings have been so high and the hype so big? Doubt it. Many white Americans were rooting for Clark and her team against a brash black LSU team and when the black team whooped that ass and mocked Clark that triggered folks. It is what it is I just hope all this hype continues next season for the ladies game.
UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.UChieffyBugger < Tried to steal Andy's chili fries.
Old 04-04-2023, 10:50 AM   #584
Hockey Town

In my view, shit talking during the game is competition and part of it, once the game ends it ends. If you do by following someone around after the game ends to talk shit, you're just being a bitch about it.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2023, 10:51 AM   #585
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
In my view, shit talking during the game is competition and part of it, once the game ends it ends. If you do by following someone around after the game ends to talk shit, you're just being a bitch about it.
Completely fair, especially when that person wasn't talking shit or anything to you or your teammates during the game.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote