Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-27-2017, 07:19 PM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****

IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!

Last edited by Dante84; 05-17-2017 at 09:40 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:56 PM   #5821
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coogs View Post
I have had the same stance for quite some time. You know that.
Yep, uninformed and overhyped.

Great job.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 01:58 PM   #5822
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
Yep, uninformed and overhyped.

Great job.
Thanks man!
Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Coogs is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:14 PM   #5823
Thank you

I can't wait for Mahomes to win 10 consecutive season MVPs AND Super Bowl MVPs!!
carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.carcosa is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:19 PM   #5824
Sprinkle in some Mahomes

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
I watched him take snaps under center with the other quarterbacks doing hand off drills with the running backs. A coach took Patrick to the side and gave him some instruction on handing off and Patrick went back under center and did it exactly as the coach told him too. It was also very fluid motion. He is learning it just fine it maybe one thing hold him back but he will get it down Pat.
Down Pat Mahomes
TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.TimeForWasp has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:28 PM   #5825
Tip of the hat LIV Champs

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut View Post
3 interception day for the Kid. Everyone touting him as invincible jinxed him this weekend. He'll learn from his mistakes tho with time
That's good for him to learn from. I expect them to happen just as I expect good things to happen and he has shown plenty of good things.

I don't think he is invincible at all, it was the coaches that said he was "unbreakable"

Last edited by Rasputin; 08-07-2017 at 02:43 PM..
Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rasputin is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:46 PM   #5826
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by penbrook View Post
Deal. I got balls. I'm not afraid. Now if Smitty has like a season ending injury will it still count if Mahomes took the Chiefs to the AFCCG
If Smitty gets hurt we can scrape the bet...
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:53 PM   #5827
#triggering

Quote:
3 interception day for the Kid. Everyone touting him as invincible jinxed him this weekend. He'll learn from his mistakes tho with time
Well, sure... the defense has tape on him now. (isn't that how this works?)
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-07-2017, 02:56 PM   #5828
Scott Pioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dls6501 View Post
I guess its tough for me because I feel like I know what the inevitable outcome of the season will be if Alex plays the whole thing.

The thing that I am battling myself with is whether or not playing Mahomes would really be running the risk of ruining him. I believe, given the coaching we have, and the strong supporting cast, that we wouldnt "ruin" Mahomes.

Now there is also the question of whether or not he can be successful as a rookie QB. Well, IMO, what Alex brings to the table is what a backup QB brings to the table. So I absolutely think Mahomes could replicate what Alex does production wise. While Mahomes would obviously make more mistakes, I wholeheartedly believe that the big plays he would bring would offset the mistakes.

So would that version of Mahomes as a rookie be better than what Alex brings? I am not sure. But what I am confident in saying is that he would not be so much worse to the point where our season goes to shit.

I am still on board with Alex starting for now. But come week 8, I dont know that I still will be.
Reid has been tremendously patient with his QBs in the past. Expect that to continue.

I really don't see why it's a bad thing that he sits for a year. I'm excited for the future. I'm excited for 2017. We finally have a QBOTF.
The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.The Bad Guy has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 08-07-2017, 03:00 PM   #5829
#triggering

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bad Guy View Post
Reid has been tremendously patient with his QBs in the past. Expect that to continue.

I really don't see why it's a bad thing that he sits for a year. I'm excited for the future. I'm excited for 2017. We finally have a QBOTF.
He should totally sit... and then if Alex is romo'ed, let him start and see if he can Dak his way through the season.
Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Mile High Mania has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:11 PM   #5830
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mile High Mania View Post
He should totally sit... and then if Alex is romo'ed, let him start and see if he can Dak his way through the season.
This.
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:15 PM   #5831
LEGEND!

Quote:
I'm all in favor for this. If comes in and shows he can win just like Dak you have to keep playing Pat. And you have to think it's a real opportunity with how few full 16 game seasons Smitty has played
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:52 PM   #5832
Replaced by a future HOFer !!

Quote:
He'll do more than "Dak his way through" and that is okay by me.
Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefshrink is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #5833
Special Teams ACE!!!

Quote:
Who gives a ****?

He was always going to have up and down days in his first training camp. I do think there are some self-proclaimed experts when it comes to QB development (namely you) who thought he'd have far more bad days than good days. The way you were talking for awhile, one would think Mahomes was supposed to waddle his way onto the field like Garrett Bolles, and whenever a coach tried to teach him something, he'd stare at him like a shit-chucking ape and ask that guy to tell him about the rabbits.

It's pretty fair to say that you were wrong about Mahomes' capabilities this early in his career. He'll probably prove you wrong again during the preseason games, where he demonstrates some decent control and command of the huddle and the lineup while also making the occasional big play in addition to a couple glaring mistakes.

He's going to sit this year. The bench is the perfect place for him in 2017. It was always going to be that way no matter how he looked in the preseason/training camp.

That doesn't mean you were right about shit.
RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.RealSNR is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:02 PM   #5834
LEGEND!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSNR View Post
Who gives a ****?

He was always going to have up and down days in his first training camp. I do think there are some self-proclaimed experts when it comes to QB development (namely you) who thought he'd have far more bad days than good days. The way you were talking for awhile, one would think Mahomes was supposed to waddle his way onto the field like Garrett Bolles, and whenever a coach tried to teach him something, he'd stare at him like a shit-chucking ape and ask that guy to tell him about the rabbits.

It's pretty fair to say that you were wrong about Mahomes' capabilities this early in his career. He'll probably prove you wrong again during the preseason games, where he demonstrates some decent control and command of the huddle and the lineup while also making the occasional big play in addition to a couple glaring mistakes.

He's going to sit this year. The bench is the perfect place for him in 2017. It was always going to be that way no matter how he looked in the preseason/training camp.

That doesn't mean you were right about shit.
I hope Patrick pulls a Dakota Prescott
penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.penbrook would the whole thing.
Old 08-07-2017, 05:06 PM   #5835
Sexiest Athlete

Quote:
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo View Post
I watched him take snaps under center with the other quarterbacks doing hand off drills with the running backs. A coach took Patrick to the side and gave him some instruction on handing off and Patrick went back under center and did it exactly as the coach told him too. It was also very fluid motion. He is learning it just fine it maybe one thing hold him back but he will get it down Pat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer View Post
How do you know what the coach told him ?
I am a big fan of Mahomes, but, uh, in case you haven't realized it yet, there are quite a few posters on this board/thread who have their head so far up his ass that they hear everything the coaches say to him.....
Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fat Elvis is obviously part of the inner Circle.