Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:01 AM   #57196
I love your mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Over 250K+ Americans die a year due to medical errors so I would say that people should be also skeptical of hospitals and doctors.
if you take a look at the just some of the numbers you could make a case to not trust any profession anywhere ever , how many people have doctors saved?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:05 AM   #57197
Life is changing..

Early data show 2 doses of Pfizer probably won't have much effect on infection. There's thought that T cells may still prevent against severe disease.

3rd dose seems to provide a greater deal of protection.

No info to be found on other vaccines yet.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #57198
Supporter

I have another question.

How is everyone checking their O2 levels?
Are you all just using Apple watches or something similar?
I have a Wyze watch that gives me that info. Not sure how accurate it is but I do like the feature.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #57199
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
if you take a look at the just some of the numbers you could make a case to not trust any profession anywhere ever , how many people have doctors saved?
If I'm in a car accident and need an emergency surgery my trust is high.

If it is something based on overall health or wellness I am reading the fine print.

But taking this away from my own personal views, I guess you are wondering why Americans have low trust in their government or bureaucrats.

It's because trust is earned. Sweden's health bureaucrats have built up trust over decades. So when they recommend something people tend to listen. In America, there is no to little trust for a large amount of the population in people purporting to be "health" authorities.
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #57200
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
I have another question.

How is everyone checking their O2 levels?
Are you all just using Apple watches or something similar?
I have a Wyze watch that gives me that info. Not sure how accurate it is but I do like the feature.
Buy a pulse ox
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:08 AM   #57201
Life is changing..

Old 12-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #57202
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Meck View Post
If not getting the surgery can somehow kill other people, then sure.

The really frustrating part of this whole thing is that it's NOT ABOUT YOU.

It's about spreading it to other people who might die.

If everybody who CAN get the shot gets the shot, then this is the flu.

And I could get back to my life.
Point taken but didn't the CDC recently admit that the shot doesn't prevent the spread?
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #57203
Life is changing..

Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:09 AM   #57204
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Early data show 2 doses of Pfizer probably won't have much effect on infection. There's thought that T cells may still prevent against severe disease.

3rd dose seems to provide a greater deal of protection.

No info to be found on other vaccines yet.
For Omicron?

And if so do you have a link?
MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.MahomesMagic has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #57205
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
all politicians are idiots but what they say doesn't change the product itself and the beer a day mandate would probably be more harmful than the vaccine one and there would be less pushback.
It probably wasn't a good metaphor because beer has been around for centuries. These types of vaccines are relatively new. And before anyone goes there, they hadn't been tested on humans long term.

Apples to oranges.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:11 AM   #57206
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLO View Post
Chise is all about ABC, Always Be Closing.

However, just raising antibodies doesn't mean one is protected if the variant is evading those antibodies.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #57207
Generational Player

Quote:
Point taken but didn't the CDC recently admit that the shot doesn't prevent the spread?
It doesn't but some are still stuck in April 2021.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:17 AM   #57208
I love your mom

Quote:
If I'm in a car accident and need an emergency surgery my trust is high.

If it is something based on overall health or wellness I am reading the fine print.

But taking this away from my own personal views, I guess you are wondering why Americans have low trust in their government or bureaucrats.

It's because trust is earned. Sweden's health bureaucrats have built up trust over decades. So when they recommend something people tend to listen. In America, there is no to little trust for a large amount of the population in people purporting to be "health" authorities.
Trust can be earned but it can also be destroyed pretty easily by a bunch of morons on the internet, you could work for years building trust in a community and all it takes 1 Facebook post by one dumbass to plant the seed of diss trust , there are probably quit a few other things that make Sweden different than the US .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 12-08-2021, 09:20 AM   #57209
Veteran

Quote:
It doesn't but some are still stuck in April 2021.
Yeah this whole take the shot to save Grandma needs to stop. The vaccine does not prevent spread.
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2021, 09:21 AM   #57210
I love your mom

Quote:
It probably wasn't a good metaphor because beer has been around for centuries. These types of vaccines are relatively new. And before anyone goes there, they hadn't been tested on humans long term.

Apples to oranges.
Beer has a history of causing long term side effects, vaccines don’t, most of these ingredients have been used in humans before .