Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:40 PM   #56326
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic View Post
Well, the history of vaccines against viruses has NEVER produced a vaccine that was superior to natural immunity.

The point of the vaccination is to stimulate your body's immune system to protect you against a virus without making you sick.

We already have studies coming in that natural immunity is not only stronger against infection but better against variants and has more durability (the vaccines don't seem to produce working memory which is why people are calling for boosters so quickly).

Can I tell you EXACTLY how much protection I have (I had Covid in August)? No, but I know I am more protected than people getting the jab.
Building natural immunity against the Black Plague was a real hassle for people in Europe.

I guess the question is whether the disease is mild enough that you're glad risking it to prevent a second case. I don't see any argument for rolling a roulette death wheel even if the odds are low. I'll take a roll on the non-death wheel instead.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 16 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #56327
In Search of a Life

O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2021, 01:51 PM   #56328
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rain Man View Post
Building natural immunity against the Black Plague was a real hassle for people in Europe.

I guess the question is whether the disease is mild enough that you're glad risking it to prevent a second case. I don't see any argument for rolling a roulette death wheel even if the odds are low. I'll take a roll on the non-death wheel instead.
I'd like the non-death wheel too please.
IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.IA_Chiefs_fan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 02:13 PM   #56329
Generational Player

Quote:

Luckily for us Covid is nothing like the Black Plague which wiped out 1/3 of Europe. Instead, US population grew from last year during Covid.

But none of this, while an interesting side-tour, has anything to do with my original point which is that the current thought leadership in the US is pretending natural immunity doesn't exist.

That nurse on the front line working without a vaccine didn't have a choice to get Covid or not. That person bringing you food while you Doordashed and took pictures of yourself didn't get a choice. The person working the packing plants and stocking the shelves didn't get a choice.

They all got Covid while they were catering to the professional and managerial classes and now we are going to pretend they don't have immunity to the virus.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2021, 02:33 PM   #56330
Banned!

Quote:
If you can provide an example where a vaccine against a virus was superior to natural immunity I will definitely check it out.

My thoughts are just what I learned watching lectures and Q and A's from top immunology, virology types in Spring 2020.
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2021, 03:05 PM   #56331
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
Additional risk, no benefit.

The point of the vaccine was to simulate encountering the virus without getting sick.

I don't need a simulation, my body just dealt with the real thing.

The only benefit would be to show politicians I am personally compliant and obedient. To me that is not really a benefit.
MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.MahomesMagic is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2021, 05:06 PM   #56332
Veteran

Quote:

If Covid is being compared to the black plague.

What is heart disease? The Apocalypse?
Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.Nirvana58 would the whole thing.
Old 09-30-2021, 06:21 PM   #56333
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana58 View Post
If Covid is being compared to the black plague.

What is heart disease? The Apocalypse?
I really hate the term I'm about to.use because it has been co opted by a bunch of morons, but this is a false equivalence. Car fatalities would have made a little more sense at least since many of the deaths were caused by another party.
BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigBeauford is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2021, 07:15 PM   #56334
Banned!

Quote:
Additional risk, no benefit.

The point of the vaccine was to simulate encountering the virus without getting sick.

I don't need a simulation, my body just dealt with the real thing.

The only benefit would be to show politicians I am personally compliant and obedient. To me that is not really a benefit.
Where are you getting that?

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/70/...DC_921-DM63289
Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pitt Gorilla is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 09-30-2021, 08:35 PM   #56335
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla View Post
It's telling that they would cherry pick one state and two months to turn that garbage out.

Makary of Johns Hopkins called it garbage.

Desperate people do shoddy work like this.

They know they are lying.
Old 10-01-2021, 04:12 AM   #56336
Here We Go Again

Quote:
It's telling that they would cherry pick one state and two months to turn that garbage out.

Makary of Johns Hopkins called it garbage.

Desperate people do shoddy work like this.

They know they are lying.
Yeah, I'm sure all the disparate studies showing that vaccination after recovery from infection are bunk.

lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:20 AM   #56337
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
Yeah, I'm sure all the disparate studies showing that vaccination after recovery from infection are bunk.

If they are like the Kentucky "study", then that's pure garbage.

Can you explain why people that had measles or small pox were not asked to get a vaccine before?

Hard for me to understand this new Pharma $cience...
Old 10-01-2021, 06:30 AM   #56338
Here We Go Again

Quote:
If they are like the Kentucky "study", then that's pure garbage.

Can you explain why people that had measles or small pox were not asked to get a vaccine before?

Hard for me to understand this new Pharma $cience...
How about all the international ones, like from the UK or Israel?

You seem to love both when they give a morsel that supports your thoughts, like when they say infection acquired immunity is very good protection.
lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.lawrenceRaider has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 10-01-2021, 06:40 AM   #56339
Generational Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
How about all the international ones, like from the UK or Israel?

You seem to love both when they give a morsel that supports your thoughts, like when they say infection acquired immunity is very good protection.
You didn't answer the question.

Why this new turn in immunology?

We have never vaccinated the recovered for any other disease before.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:01 AM   #56340
Please squeeze

Quote:
You didn't answer the question.

Why this new turn in immunology?

We have never vaccinated the recovered for any other disease before.
Yes they vaccinate for HPV which I am sure you know all about

Oh and they say the HPV vaccine is much better than getting HPV.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.