Old 03-23-2015, 12:00 PM  
Rock Chalk Jayhawks! KU!!!

**** OFFICIAL 2015-2016 Kansas Basketball Repository Thread ****

Regular Season
Spoiler!

Big 12 Tournament
Spoiler!

http://www.ncaa.com/interactive-brac...ketball-men/d1

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2016 at 03:42 PM..
Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.Reerun_KC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 02:56 PM   #5596
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahrenheit View Post
This isn't even a great KU team. We have an inconsistent PG, a finesse low-post scorer that gets garbage points, a roll-player Big man that has been forced into a starting role, a litany of "great shooting" wings that aren't really great shooting, and a second PG that is just now starting to find his way. They aren't great defensively - much improved from what they were in at the beginning of the season, don't get me wrong. But they are NOT a great defensive team by any stretch of the imagination. I can't even really put what this team does well outside of Graham's great play recently...

You match this team up against '08 or even Tyshawn\TRob on paper they won't even compare... Yet they have risen above it all. Is it that this year is void of great teams? Is it that they are battle-hardened through a brutal conference schedule? I just can't figure this team out.

But to me, the season that this team has put together says all you need to EVER know about Bill Self as a head coach. What a masterful job.

In the end, this non-Great team may be one of the Greats.
Yup. The whole team sucks. Glad to see someone hasn't bought into this "Oh I'm a panicky fan and losing two hard road games after a massive win is expected and everyone has a letdown game, but outside of that I guess I really don't have a complaint, because at the end of the day, KU is consistently a national title contender, so anything short of absolute perfection I'm going to bitch about, but now I'm starting to realize this team is actually really ****ing good" line of BS.

Hot take.
saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.saphojunkie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:24 PM   #5597
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
The 08 team was head and shoulders the best team Self had. They were the best college team I've ever seen until the UK team that beat TRob.
I agree that 08 is Self's best team. Danny's 88 team was really good, but I think the best team I've seen is 96-97: Pierce, Raef LaFrentz, Scott Pollard and Jacque Vaughn. When those guys were in their prime, you could add an average 3 guy and that would be a reasonable NBA team. I think the only KU team that might compete would be one that had a Wilt on it.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:36 PM   #5598
Rabbi Goldmann

08 would've smoked 1997

Selfs 2nd best team was 2007 by the way
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:39 PM   #5599
Supporter

i think 08 was the best team in all of college bb since self arrived at ku...with uk being the obvious other candidate

ku stomping a vagina in north carolina's face is almost as pleasurable a memory as the championship game itself...self killed roy dead
the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.the Talking Can is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 03:52 PM   #5600
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan View Post
I agree that 08 is Self's best team. Danny's 88 team was really good, but I think the best team I've seen is 96-97: Pierce, Raef LaFrentz, Scott Pollard and Jacque Vaughn. When those guys were in their prime, you could add an average 3 guy and that would be a reasonable NBA team. I think the only KU team that might compete would be one that had a Wilt on it.
I was just talking Selfs teams. But yeah. Those were nasty teams. Just nasty. I have a signed poster from the that team.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:17 PM   #5601
El Gato Gordo Loco Anaranjado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch View Post
08 would've smoked 1997

Smoked? Yeah right. Id listen if you believe they were better, but I still think the 1997 KU team was the best I've ever seen. Just because they didnt win the tournament like 08 doesnt mean they were not as good. They basically blew everyone out they played that year, only regular season loss was a 2OT game in the road to megarival Missouri, then lost to Arizona who went on to beat three #1 seeds and win the title.

Paul Pierce also ended up being the best NBA player KU ever had in the last 30+ years.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #5602
Sometimes it's black and white

Quote:
08 would've smoked 1997

Well yeah. Wilt's team would get smoked by modern teams also. I think the 97 team was more dominant vs the competition than the 2008.
Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.Chief Pagan Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-20-2016, 05:48 PM   #5603
Supporter

Quote:

I mentioned as much.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:09 PM   #5604
Rabbi Goldmann

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Smoked? Yeah right. Id listen if you believe they were better, but I still think the 1997 KU team was the best I've ever seen. Just because they didnt win the tournament like 08 doesnt mean they were not as good. They basically blew everyone out they played that year, only regular season loss was a 2OT game in the road to megarival Missouri, then lost to Arizona who went on to beat three #1 seeds and win the title.

Paul Pierce also ended up being the best NBA player KU ever had in the last 30+ years.
There are only 2 KU teams that have led the NCAA in scoring margin since the stat was first kept in the 1940s. 1997 is not one.
Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Prison Bitch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:13 PM   #5605
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Who would you rather face in the Sweet 16? Maryland or Hawaii?
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:15 PM   #5606

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
Hawaii.

I still cant believe there is a team called the Rainbow Warriors, NTTAWWT
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:16 PM   #5607
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefs Pantalones View Post
Don't know much about Hawaii. I'd say them just bc of the lower seeding. But sticking it to Mark Turgeon would be great too.
DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:20 PM   #5608

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanBecky View Post
Don't know much about Hawaii. I'd say them just bc of the lower seeding. But sticking it to Mark Turgeon would be great too.
Id rather not have to face Turg. Always loved the guy. Met him one time at the Big 12/Big 8 tournament when I was a kid, he was a really nice guy.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:23 PM   #5609
GO CHIEFS!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Talking Can View Post
yeah, it's probably hyperbole...but in terms of guys knowing their roles and buying in completely, this is one of the best...which makes it so fun to watch

and they shoot 3s like maybe no self team ever has, not just percentages but as a focus of the offense

mason, graham, selden is the best backcourt we've had in ages
Because of the randomness of the tournament and how good this team is at 3s, I think this team could knock out any of the ones mentioned. Best shooting team Self has had. They'd be able to space all those teams out. The 08 team was unbeatable if they were hitting their outside shots/3s though. Not saying it would happen but if any team could beat the 08 team this one probably has the best shot. Fun to talk about.
Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.Chiefs Pantalones has parlayed a career as a truck driver into debt free trailer and jon boat ownership.
Old 03-20-2016, 06:24 PM   #5610
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
Id rather not have to face Turg. Always loved the guy. Met him one time at the Big 12/Big 8 tournament when I was a kid, he was a really nice guy.
I enjoy him. It would just be cool bc of the KU connection. But he does have a dangerous team when they play up to their potential.
DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.DanBecky must have mowed badgirl's lawn.