Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:09 PM   #5566
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
I have plenty to do here as well...things like mow the lawn, fix the flowerbed, fix the driveway cracks, redo the drainage ditch, play on my son's swingset, play soccer with my son, go for a run in the neighborhood (and never get within 20 feet of another person), etc.
I have a huge backlog of video games....
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #5567

tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.tk13 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:10 PM   #5568
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecca View Post
Just had them a controller or put on a movie.
Past that point. My kids are active, they like sports, riding around on 4 wheelers and razors.

There are only so many Minecraft YouTube videos a person can handle.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #5569
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Civil unrest. People are far more dangerous than Wuhan.
I'm not really concerned about that with Millennials or Gen Z. Most people of those generations are used to being indoors and communicating via their electronic devices.

I'm not really concerned about Boomers, as duh, they're at the highest risk of contracting this disease and dying.

It's really about the Gen X'ers. We grew up much differently than the other generations and there's probably a lower tolerance for being kept indoors or on a curfew.

All that said, I think it would take a few months before any real civil unrest rears is ugly head and hopefully, it never comes to that on any scale.
DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.DaneMcCloud is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:11 PM   #5570
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lprechaun View Post
All bars and nightclubs close by 8 pm i think it is. Restaurants have to cut capacity to 50% and will be set lower shortly. My wife manages a salon and with the amount of elderly people that come in they are effectively shut down due to the close contact needed.
My work is in people's homes, people who want to isolate from others. It's the right thing to do but it's going to hurt.
I'm also going to be dropping my rate to help those who are also affected once it's over.
yeah there are millions of Middle class working Americans in the same boat. No fault of their own and now, no income coming in. Glad to hear Congress talking about putting money immediately into the pockets of the poor and middle class to help tide people over for a little while.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:12 PM   #5571
Hockey Town

Quote:
Past that point. My kids are active, they like sports, riding around on 4 wheelers and razors.

There are only so many Minecraft YouTube videos a person can handle.
They don't play video games at all? I thought everyone did that now.
Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.Mecca is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #5572
Cheat Death

Unless they start showing footage of Americans dying of this on tv, consecutive 50 degree sunny days will likely put an end to any serious quarantine efforts here. It's been 2 days and people seem to be getting over it already.
KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.KCUnited is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:13 PM   #5573
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
All that said, I think it would take a few months before any real civil unrest rears is ugly head and hopefully, it never comes to that on any scale.
Months? I mean it'll be a three week stint where we need a ****ing permission slip from "the authorities" (whoever the hell that will be in practice) is going to piss people off.
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #5574
I'll be back.

Quote:
I have a huge backlog of video games....

Same.

18 months? I could stay inside for two years and not get bored I bet.
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:14 PM   #5575
Please squeeze

Quote:
For some men it will be a step down in weight class.

dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #5576
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
But my dude, my house is badass, you could have things to do for years here.
I’ve been putting down some mulch and doing landscaping to pass the time.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:16 PM   #5577
Supporter

Quote:
They don't play video games at all? I thought everyone did that now.
We restrict it somewhat. We want them to be more active than normal kids. We live in the country, too.

They still get plenty of screen time. That’s shits like heroine for kids. They’ll do anything you ask for more time.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5578
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud View Post
I'm not really concerned about that with Millennials or Gen Z. Most people of those generations are used to being indoors and communicating via their electronic devices.

I'm not really concerned about Boomers, as duh, they're at the highest risk of contracting this disease and dying.

It's really about the Gen X'ers. We grew up much differently than the other generations and there's probably a lower tolerance for being kept indoors or on a curfew.

Which is why it's really important to be surgically precise with responses.

The clock starts ticking the moment you drop the hammer. The longer you can go, the more runway you have on that civil unrest.
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5579
Hockey Town

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Same.

I think first up I'll go with....Days Gone, seems appropriate.
Old 03-17-2020, 02:17 PM   #5580
Bono & Grbac wasn't enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post

Same.

You'll pull that thing right off
ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.ptlyon is obviously part of the inner Circle.