Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-10-2023, 08:45 PM  
MVP

2024 WR Class

Some interesting WRs in the upcoming class, who do you like?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.6
Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.41
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-1, 225, 4.29
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.35
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.22
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Branden Rice, USC, 6-3, 210, 4.38
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Last edited by Couch-Potato; 03-24-2024 at 01:08 PM..
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:01 AM   #541
Most Valuable Villain

All this talk for us to draft a WR in the 2nd round. Start ramping up that disappointment.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 11:13 AM   #542
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
All this talk for us to draft a WR in the 2nd round. Start ramping up that disappointment.
This is probably what will happen. I think they're gonna go after a decent vet in FA with proven experience/results like Juju and then take a lineman of some sort in rd 1. Probably look for a LT if one can be had.

Not sure what would be wrong with that plan this year with such an awesome WR class that's deep in talent.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2024, 11:35 AM   #543
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
This is probably what will happen. I think they're gonna go after a decent vet in FA with proven experience/results like Juju and then take a lineman of some sort in rd 1. Probably look for a LT if one can be had.

Not sure what would be wrong with that plan this year with such an awesome WR class that's deep in talent.
For me it goes back to the thought that generally there are often not tackles taken late in the 1st that are good fits at LT and any tackle taken there by KC is highly unlikely to be ready to step in from day 1, so unless it's just a can't miss prospect that is somehow available there I don't see it being a wise pick.

DL has been significantly invested in the past 2 years in the 1st round, specifically at DE. I'd be pissed if they took a DE rd 1 knowing that that player probably sits the bench for the whole year just like FAU did. I wouldn't necessarily hate DT as it's a huge need and needs an infusion of talent.

Not that what I think matters at all, but I personally still don't trust their evaluation of talent at WR. Yes this is a deep draft, but the longer and longer you wait the greater the variance in talent and potential for the player not working out. If they're taking a WR in the 2nd it should only be if they either traded down from their 1st rd pick (meaning the guys they wanted weren't available and they didn't trade up so they're trading down to gain more draft capital) or if they're trading up to the top of the 2nd from their original 2nd rd pick. This team simply can't afford to get the pick wrong at WR at this point.

All that being said, I see the only viable options in rd 1 being WR, DT, or OT. Yes BPA and all that, but KC should take this into their own hands and trade up/down as necessary to ensure they get the BPA pick at a position of need.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-16-2024, 12:11 PM   #544
Most Valuable Villain

Who said anything about taking a DE in the first round?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2024, 12:14 PM   #545
In Search of a Life

You don't go in with the "WR or DT" stuff.

At the end of the first, you need to just keep taking BPA with some positional importance. Don't not take the highest rated guy on your board and take the 7th WR just because.

Hell, I wouldn't hate taking an interior OL if there's one there that you love.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:15 PM   #546
MVP

I agree that it's WR, OT, or DT in the 1st.

Rice was a good WR eval and fit, hoping there's so much talent at WR in this draft that you can't miss.

Let Pat throw some balls with these guys and he'll tell you which he likes best.
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:45 PM   #547
Veteran

I think it's WR, maaaybe OT. Don't overthink it - it's a LOADED WR class, make sure you get one of the, I dunno, 7 1st round talents (?), and call it good. If somehow they're all gone and there's a stud OT left, sure, but I think the best chance of getting a true blue-chip player who makes a difference Day 1, comes from picking a WR.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:47 PM   #548
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

At the end of the first, you need to just keep taking BPA with some positional importance. Don't not take the highest rated guy on your board and take the 7th WR just because.

Normally, sure, but the 7th best WR is probably BPA when compared to the 2 or 3rd best DT. This is a good year for us to get BPA at a position of immediate need.
JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.JPH83 must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 01:54 PM   #549
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post

I'd sure as hell hate that considering you're guaranteed to take a player for the 2nd year in the row in the 1st who will be sitting the bench all season. At least at DE with FAU it's a premium position and the payoff may be worth it long term if he's a hit.

Interior OL is not a premium position and taking someone who will require a redshirt year is an extremely poor use of resources.

I get it, don't fixate on having to have a certain position. But that's why I suggested they can create their own fortune and trade up or down accordingly. There is absolutely going to be someone available at WR by pick 20 that falls in the BPA category. If there is someone they feel strongly about then trading up to get that player isn't the worst idea. On the other hand, if that's too expensive and the options available at their pick aren't great then trade down somewhere in the top half of the 2nd rd. I just hate sitting at our late 1st rd pick and waiting because every year we inevitably see a run at our position of need right before we pick, time after time.
OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.OKchiefs must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:57 PM   #550
In Search of a Life

Takes 2 to tango. Can't trade up if no one wants to trade down.

If you're taking an interior OL there, he's gonna be a day 1 starter so you would probably look to trade Trey Smith at that point if there were any takers. If not, said guy can step in next year.

The problem is...once this all plays out, it's probably gonna end up being more like a normal WR year. There's 3 high end top guys, then about 7 or 8 that don't really separate themselves all that much. So take the BPA there, trade up in a Rice type situation and go from there.
O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.O.city is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2024, 01:59 PM   #551
In Search of a Life

I look at it in tiers. If you have a big tier, you can wait. If it's small, you can get burned by waiting.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:16 PM   #552
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
I agree that it's WR, OT, or DT in the 1st.

Rice was a good WR eval and fit, hoping there's so much talent at WR in this draft that you can't miss.

Let Pat throw some balls with these guys and he'll tell you which he likes best.
I expect us to fill one of these positions though in FA, so I think the choice becomes a lot easier when we get there.

Like others have pointed out there's only a couple 1st RD DTs this year. So say you keep Jones, now you only need to decide how comfortable you are with our OTs and whether or not there's an immediate OT starter available at the bottom of the first. If not, well, it's pretty clear this draft is stacked with WR talent so then you take your shot and develop an OL from the 2nd or 3rd again like Morris.

Maybe Jones leaves and you pay Mike Evans, whelp, now you might look to move up to secure one of those DTs, etc...

I think the position of choice will become pretty clear by draft time.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:18 PM   #553
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKchiefs View Post
I'd sure as hell hate that considering you're guaranteed to take a player for the 2nd year in the row in the 1st who will be sitting the bench all season. At least at DE with FAU it's a premium position and the payoff may be worth it long term if he's a hit.

Interior OL is not a premium position and taking someone who will require a redshirt year is an extremely poor use of resources.

I get it, don't fixate on having to have a certain position. But that's why I suggested they can create their own fortune and trade up or down accordingly. There is absolutely going to be someone available at WR by pick 20 that falls in the BPA category. If there is someone they feel strongly about then trading up to get that player isn't the worst idea. On the other hand, if that's too expensive and the options available at their pick aren't great then trade down somewhere in the top half of the 2nd rd. I just hate sitting at our late 1st rd pick and waiting because every year we inevitably see a run at our position of need right before we pick, time after time.
Draft the best player. It doesn't matter what position, especially at the end of the first rd.

The Ravens had multiple first rd picks in 2021 and 2022. In 2021 they went for positional value drafting WR Rashod Bateman and DE Odafe Oweh. Bateman is a bust and Oweh only has 13 sacks in 3 years.

In 2022 they drafted S Kyle Hamilton and C Tyler Lindenbaum. Both of those guys were pro bowlers this season. Hamilton made all pro.
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 01-16-2024, 02:34 PM   #554
In Search of a Life

Yep.

In the end, if the guy is really good it allows you to fil a spot cheap and go buy another.
Old 01-16-2024, 07:52 PM   #555
Black Bob's daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Draft the best player. It doesn't matter what position, especially at the end of the first rd.

The Ravens had multiple first rd picks in 2021 and 2022. In 2021 they went for positional value drafting WR Rashod Bateman and DE Odafe Oweh. Bateman is a bust and Oweh only has 13 sacks in 3 years.

In 2022 they drafted S Kyle Hamilton and C Tyler Lindenbaum. Both of those guys were pro bowlers this season. Hamilton made all pro.
Again, that’s why I’m suggesting they trade up or down to find a spot where BPA aligns with need. You also conveniently left out that WR was a need for Baltimore this year and they made sure they got one.

If teams truly just take BPA no matter the position, what happens when the board falls in a way where WR isn’t necessarily the BPA in the first 2-3 rds? Really going to go into 2024 with a depth chart at WR of Rice, Mooney,Moore, and Toney?