Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 04-11-2023, 08:37 PM  
Starter

Old People Thread

Hello old people of CP! Do you ever think about wanting to talk about problems you and other old people have? Is this football forum the only place on the internet you know how to get to? Well look no further! This old man thread is here for you to talk about your trials and tribulations.

Have an itch to complain about how the young generation doesn't know what hard work is? Post it in here! Are there some birds that need yelled or do you have neighbors that play music too loud? We'd love to hear about it! Did you fill your diapers and want to complain about the poor quality of Chinese products? Please regale us!

So if you can barely see letters in this thread without zooming in, but refuse to give up your drivers license, we'd love to read what you have to tell us! Come on in, bring your Werther's candy, and folksy tales of how things used to be!

Last edited by kozzman555; 04-11-2023 at 10:12 PM..
kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.kozzman555 is not part of the Right 53.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:38 AM   #541
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedChief View Post
Sorry no experience with that but I have sciatica which is really painful if that makes you feel better.
I joined that crowd this year, too. Yay old age! Still better than the alternative.
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 02-19-2024, 07:49 AM   #542
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosbonian View Post
Also...if you are close to retirement learn the term Swedish Death Cleaning.
OMG, what a subject!

Having been married for over 52 years, we have a shit ton of stuff and have been retired off the grid for 10.

Two years ago, we decided to sell this place and move closer to medical care, but after a few months, me experiencing rage when driving in Springfield, my wife hating everything we looked at, we changed our mind and decided to die here.

My biggest regret, other than the $10,000 we wasted going through that process, was getting rid of my engine hoist and engine stand! It is a horrible feeling not having them!

We have been giving away stuff every time the kids/grandkids visit, but they are starting to decline.

After googling your term "Swedish Death Cleaning" I may have come to grips with downsizing a full closet of suits that I haven't worn since retiring. My wife has no problem getting rid of stuff, in fact I am hauling another load to "good will" today, but me not so much.
HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.HemiEd is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 07:51 AM   #543
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katipan View Post
I'm so sorry, that sounds so awful and frustrating.

Did you try smoking it?
An edible high is biologically different.

Engineer brains get super uncomfortable when they feel sluggish. You can curate an inhaled high.
No pity necessary; I got a lot of good from my grandfather. It's all part of the luck of the draw; you don't get to choose your parents.

Smoke, vape, edibles. The effect is slightly different although it always seems to have a similar effect. I'm one of those people that wonder why anyone would want to feel this way.

The frustrating part is that it's made worse by the stress of knowing it's going to happen. It's like having the yips when doing anything that requires fine motor control. I'm okay until I pick up the pen, tool or mouse and then it's Charlie Brown trying to kick the football... Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh.

As usual, we are our own worst enemies...
crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.crayzkirk Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2024, 10:35 AM   #544
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
Probably late C4 or an early C5. Don't want anything any older, and it has to fit in my budget. Oh and it has to be a manual.
Those had overheating issues so be careful. Hope you find a good one.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-19-2024, 10:40 AM   #545
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
OMG, what a subject!

Having been married for over 52 years, we have a shit ton of stuff and have been retired off the grid for 10.

Two years ago, we decided to sell this place and move closer to medical care, but after a few months, me experiencing rage when driving in Springfield, my wife hating everything we looked at, we changed our mind and decided to die here.

My biggest regret, other than the $10,000 we wasted going through that process, was getting rid of my engine hoist and engine stand! It is a horrible feeling not having them!

We have been giving away stuff every time the kids/grandkids visit, but they are starting to decline.

After googling your term "Swedish Death Cleaning" I may have come to grips with downsizing a full closet of suits that I haven't worn since retiring. My wife has no problem getting rid of stuff, in fact I am hauling another load to "good will" today, but me not so much.
You are living the dream man. I want a survival house off the grid. It just seems like so much to get it set up. I need my son to get older as well.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:00 PM   #546
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I've always had this. ADD, complete ass short term memory, long term use of copious amounts of alcohol and ativan. All great for short term memory.

I rely on doing the same things at the same times and putting the same things in the same places. Belts on the back of the bathroom door, work clothes hanging on bathroom door the night before, shoes by towel rack. Etc. If my wallet, keys, or glasses aren't in the place they belong in come morning it's usually a 30 minute derailment per item.
Anything unplanned happens in the morning to screw with my routine I'll end up going to work without a belt, my wallet, etc.
I keep a spare belt and deodorant in my desk at work. Just in case.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:03 PM   #547
It was not a fair catch

Quote:
Originally Posted by BEAVER View Post
I keep a spare belt and deodorant in my desk at work. Just in case.
I have extra clothes
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 04:56 PM   #548
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
I don’t know about anyone else here, but I like to keep crown moulding around because you never know when you are gonna need it.
I used a bolt out of my "Bolt Bucket" this weekend. I know without a doubt that particular bolt had been in there since the late 90's. It was a life affirming experience.
BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.BEAVER must have mowed badgirl's lawn.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:02 PM   #549
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
At what age am I am old person? Anyone in their 20s and kids thinks Im old but Boomers think Im young.

I am looking forward for the seniors 50 year old+ poker tournaments. They will be so soft...I guess less soft by the time I get there in over a decade
I'm 55 - but I've been practicing being old since I was 35.

Old guys can play some poker, I slow rolled 4 of a kind on an 80 yo guy last weekend and he called me a little ****er.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:05 PM   #550
Veteran

I, too, have created ritualistic patterns around certain parts of the day so that I can reliably get things done properly.

Two observations on that: 1.) It is amazing how messed up a routine can become by just adding one foreign element, like picking up an errant dish or cup when getting ready for bed. The whole routine can go off the rails and become wildly inefficient. 2.) I think the dog looks at me and thinks, "I don't want to hear any crap about me turning around 3 times before goin to sleep - not from you and your shtick."
Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.Zebedee DuBois would the whole thing.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:14 PM   #551
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:

Old guys can play some poker, I slow rolled 4 of a kind on an 80 yo guy last weekend and he called me a little ****er.
Apparently I've been practicing being old for much longer than that. I'll talk about some old farty thing I currently do or think, and people who've known me for 40+ years will say "you were the same way in high school, asshole!"
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:15 PM   #552
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:

sounds like you deserved it
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:22 PM   #553
Has a particular set of skills

Quote:
Originally Posted by HemiEd View Post
OMG, what a subject!

I was born and raised in Springfield, Mo. I hated driving there when I was 16. It’s worse at 65. I’m not moving back.
BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.BigRedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:28 PM   #554
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWillie View Post
sounds like you deserved it
I did, but he has become my nemesis of late. Whenever I have a decent hand - there he is running it up and sucking out. Well......that is how I choose to remember it anyway. Couldn't possibly be crap play on my part.
Old 02-19-2024, 05:43 PM
HemiEd
This message has been deleted by HemiEd.
Old 02-19-2024, 06:06 PM   #555
Starter

I’m worried about liver problems because I’m taking 3-4 thousand milligrams of acetaminophen a day for osteoarthritis. I separated my shoulder when I was a youngster and it’s coming back to haunt me.
Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.Brody Wa must have mowed badgirl's lawn.