Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-21-2019, 11:31 PM   #5521
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiftyEyedWaterboy View Post
Definitely feels rushed. I'm definitely not feeling the same level of disappointment as with the new Star Wars but I'm really hoping GRRM gets his act together. I imagine the finished product with the books would be much better.
I think the ending points will be nearly identical, but the journey and the motivations that lead there will actually make sense.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-22-2019, 01:02 AM   #5522
The Seated Villain

Quote from GRRM, when asked who deserves to be on the Iron Throne:

"I don’t know that ‘deserve’ is really an operative word. The Iron Throne doesn’t necessarily go to who deserves it, but to who has the power to take and to hold it."

I don't think the books will end with the remaining lords deciding that Bran should be King. If Bran gets the throne it will be because he took it.
MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.MagicHef wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-22-2019, 02:40 AM   #5523
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Quote from GRRM, when asked who deserves to be on the Iron Throne:

"I don’t know that ‘deserve’ is really an operative word. The Iron Throne doesn’t necessarily go to who deserves it, but to who has the power to take and to hold it."

I don't think the books will end with the remaining lords deciding that Bran should be King. If Bran gets the throne it will be because he took it.
Took it because he had a handicap placard?
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 04:01 AM   #5524
The man you could post like.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Just guessing here, but once the show decided to all but abandon the supernatural elements of the books, Bran was neutered in a way.
Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.Sassy Squatch is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 05:48 AM   #5525
You gotta kill a few people

So apparently Martin is saying he should have Winds finished by WorldCon which is in June of 2020.

Take it for what it's worth..
ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.ThaVirus is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:38 AM   #5526
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaVirus View Post
So apparently Martin is saying he should have Winds finished by WorldCon which is in June of 2020.

Take it for what it's worth..
Nothing. It is worth nothing.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:32 AM   #5527
oxymoron

That's not really what he said. He said that if he doesn't have it finished by worldcon in New Zealand next year, they should lock him up in a cabin until he's done.

I do think it'll be out next year, though. /fingers crossed
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:35 AM   #5528
oxymoron

His thoughts on the show's ending: http://georgerrmartin.com/notablog/2.../20/an-ending/

Quote:
How will it all end? I hear people asking. The same ending as the show? Different?

Well… yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes. And no. And yes.

I am working in a very different medium than David and Dan, never forget. They had six hours for this final season. I expect these last two books of mine will fill 3000 manuscript pages between them before I’m done… and if more pages and chapters and scenes are needed, I’ll add them. And of course the butterfly effect will be at work as well; those of you who follow this Not A Blog will know that I’ve been talking about that since season one. There are characters who never made it onto the screen at all, and others who died in the show but still live in the books… so if nothing else, the readers will learn what happened to Jeyne Poole, Lady Stoneheart, Penny and her pig, Skahaz Shavepate, Arianne Martell, Darkstar, Victarion Greyjoy, Ser Garlan the Gallant, Aegon VI, and a myriad of other characters both great and small that viewers of the show never had the chance to meet. And yes, there will be unicorns… of a sort…

Book or show, which will be the “real” ending? It’s a silly question. How many children did Scarlett O’Hara have?

How about this? I’ll write it. You read it. Then everyone can make up their own mind, and argue about it on the internet.
Old 05-22-2019, 07:40 AM   #5529
sorta mod-ish

Blah blah blah.....just finish the books you attention seeking whore.
Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bowser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 08:18 AM   #5530
The Seated Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Took it because he's nearly a god.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:14 AM   #5531
Paladin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicHef View Post
Took it because he's nearly a god.
Technically he can look up the entire history of any house and air out their dirty laundry. So he does have all the power, but half the lords and ladies don't know it yet.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #5532
"You like to drink?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superturtle View Post
Just guessing here, but once the show decided to all but abandon the supernatural elements of the books, Bran was neutered in a way.
... which was kind of dumb..
Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.Discuss Thrower is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 11:51 AM   #5533
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
... which was kind of dumb..
Eh, I don't know. From a story telling perspective, probably. But HBO is in this to make cash. The heavy supernatural stuff surely would have driven some of the casual fans away.
Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buehler445 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:07 PM   #5534
World's Best Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
Eh, I don't know. From a story telling perspective, probably. But HBO is in this to make cash. The heavy supernatural stuff surely would have driven some of the casual fans away.
I think a lot of this is that GRRM hasn't figured out how to have a character like him in his own lore that doesn't break his own universe. D&D saw this too (or were stumped as well), and in Season 6 chose to use Bran as a vessel for R + L = J (a brilliant move). This allowed them to cover GRRM's source material in a fantastic fashion.

They... struggled after that. I'll maintain that if GRRM had gotten off his ass, this adaptation would have been far better in Season 7 and 8.

Last edited by Chiefspants; 05-22-2019 at 12:17 PM..
Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.Chiefspants is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-22-2019, 12:12 PM   #5535
oxymoron

You gave D&D way too much credit.