Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:02 PM   #5491
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy View Post
The state is estimating the numbers of cases caused by the novel coronavirus outbreak will peak in 45 days, at which point it will need between 55,000 and 110,000 hospital beds, as well as 18,600 to 37,200 intensive-care unit beds, Cuomo told reporters in Albany.
"Cases" of COVID-19 is not the same as "Cases with significant medical complications requiring hospitalization from COVID-19".

80% of the "cases" of COVID-19 will be minimal to no symptoms and require no hospitalization or medical attention.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #5492
Life is changing..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower View Post
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:05 PM   #5493
MVP

This thread almost has enough pages to make Jalen Ramsey a Chief!
Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.Dunerdr is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:08 PM   #5494
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I'm starting to hate this ****ing bug.

Oh, you're just now starting, eh?
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #5495
Best Body On ChiefsPlanet

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
Oh, you're just now starting, eh?
Someone is late to the party.
PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.PAChiefsGuy Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:10 PM   #5496
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Yeah it's even on the uptick around here. Personally, I'm all good.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:12 PM   #5497
Sauntering Vaguely Downwards

Quote:
Yeah, I went to get a couple of cases of Wolf Gold .223 because I just try to buy a case every few months to build a decent stockpile in the event they eventually outlaw the damn things.

Unfortunately I never got around to actually placing the order. Just went and checked all my usual spots and they had 80+ cases each a week ago - every last one of them are sold out now.

Oh well. The real problem is that I only have about 40 7mm mag rounds so if I gotta go hunting for my food for awhile, I'm gonna have to become a better shot real fast...
DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.DJ's left nut is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:15 PM   #5498
New and Improved

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donger View Post
I'm starting to hate this ****ing bug.
I'm still on the fence.
stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.stumppy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:15 PM   #5499
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Macy's and Nordstroms now shutting down all stores.

Marriott will begin to furlough employees.

The job losses are about to be horrific.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:16 PM   #5500
The 23rd Pillar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish View Post
More Chiefs players helping the community...

Travis Kelce says he’ll double Tyreek Hill’s donation plus give to Operation Breakthrough

KANSAS CITY, Mo. — Kansas City Chiefs tight end Travis Kelce announced Tuesday that not only is he matching teammate Tyreek Hill’s donation to Harvesters, he’s doubling it and also donating to Operation Breakthrough.

“I got your 6k and will raise you another 6k meals,” Kelce tweeted in response to Hill’s challenge.

Together, they will donate 18,000 meals to Harvesters to give to local families struggling to find food during the coronavirus outbreak.

Kelce also said he wants to make sure local children who rely on Operation Breakthrough have the food and supplies they need. He will donate all the food and supplies they need for the next 15 weeks “to keep it business as usual for the kids.”

Hill started the challenge on Twitter Monday.

“The COVID-19 outbreak is changing our daily lives,” Hill tweeted. “Today my foundation will be partnering with Harvesters to donate meals to families and youth who are now without their free breakfast and lunch programs.”

In his announcement, Hill also challenged teammates Patrick Mahomes, Demarcus Robinson, Gehrig Dieter, Tyrann Mathieu and Frank Clark.

Kelce was the first to respond.

Hill also said he is challenging all of Chiefs Kingdom to help in anyway they can.
So is he matching or doubling? Aren't they the same thing?
patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.patteeu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:18 PM   #5501
THE RED MENACE

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 View Post
"Cases" of COVID-19 is not the same as "Cases with significant medical complications requiring hospitalization from COVID-19".

80% of the "cases" of COVID-19 will be minimal to no symptoms and require no hospitalization or medical attention.
When it's all said and done you will probably not know anyone who dies from it but you will know a lot of people who's lives will be destroyed because of the economic fallout from shutting down an economy.
BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.BIG_DADDY has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 01:22 PM   #5502
El Gato Gordo Loco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
I actually think it's very possible we could be the Truman Show for some Alien Species. It would not surprise me.
BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.BWillie is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #5503
testing ... 1, 2, 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
They have been reading my posts. It would also suggest in my opinion that this won’t be quite the issue at all next winter because people will not be exposed all at once like now since it’s brand new. Once it’s just out there people will get it as they do now with every other cold or flu, which is generally spread out geographically and over time and it won’t put pressure on healthcare, which really seems to be one of main concerns right now.
It's tough on many levels. IMHO, that's primarily because there is so much uncertainty, Mr. mr. tegu. In other words, the unknowns are unknown.

Another issue is the panic and hysteria. If you've ever tried to calm down a person who is experiencing a severe panic attack, you know that there are only two quick ways to do it; either inject them with a barbiturate or use a 2x4 and crack them between the eyes.

When you dig deep into the numbers (after turning off the teevee news) and listen to experts in the field (not the teevee talking-head types), you begin to see another side to this ... Italy's problems notwithstanding.

There is a lot wrong right now, but what is NOT wrong is to acquire knowledge and exercise Basic Common Sense. Those two things rarely kill people or spread virulent diseases.

FAX
FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.FAX is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:23 PM   #5504
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Actually, I had to give you a thumbs up on that for the reminder. The only caliber I was getting low on was the .500 Smith & Wesson. That's no longer an issue, at least it won't be when the mother load hits my door step at the beginning of next week.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:26 PM   #5505
NFL's #1 Ermines Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by patteeu View Post
So is he matching or doubling? Aren't they the same thing?
It sounds like he's doubling the match. We'll see if other Chiefs have been paying attention to the exponential growth lessons of the virus if others continue to do that.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.