Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:36 PM   #54691

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar View Post
He said a ban "probably isn't too far off."

That's the exact opposite?
I read that quote as being that you’ve walked up to the line but they decided to allow it, but I see your interpretation that they might change that policy soon.
wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.wazu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:40 PM   #54692
MVP

Quote:
Medicare paid huge sums for every patient admitted for Covid and triple that figure for every patient treated with a ventilator.

I'm not saying there was widespread abuse, but there definitely was at certain hospitals like Elmhurst in Queens.
Would I believe that being intubated in the ICU triple the cost of a hospital stay? Absolutely

If that person wasn’t actually sick enough to be in the ICU, sounds like it would make more sense to keep discharging and admitting new patients than it would to have someone on a ventilator for two weeks

Your argument is so easy to break down logically. But after making an accusation you’ve already admitted that it is very unlikely this was occurring in a widespread fashion.

Is there a possibility of abuse of Medicare funds? Sure. Physicians get in trouble for this all the time. I think this is a very unlikely source of inflated COVID numbers in any significant manner
SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.SupDock would the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2021, 06:55 PM   #54693
Three-Pat

Quote:
I've never trusted Big Pharma, and I don't see a reason to trust them more simply because corporate media is painting them as our saviors right now.

Two years ago Pharma had sunk to dead last in US industry ratings according to a Gallup poll. Amazing turnaround.
Probably because their medications are horrifically overpriced, not because of the effectiveness of their medications.
tredadda has disabled reputation
Old 08-11-2021, 06:56 PM   #54694
Three-Pat

Quote:
So you want this place to be as fascistic as Facebook? Guess I shouldn't be surprised.
What would you need to see to change your stance on the vaccines?
Old 08-11-2021, 07:00 PM   #54695
Hey Loochy, I'm hooome!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
A case of COVID
loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.loochy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:02 PM   #54696
MVP

I'm honestly just shocked how many people still use Facebook.
Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Kiimo 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:20 PM   #54697
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by loochy View Post
A case of COVID
Been there.

Wasn’t fun, as I’d never dealt with shortness of breath before, but a few puffs from my woman’s inhaler and a couple days rest and I was good to go. I don’t think I even missed any work. Maybe a few hours.

I think the supplements I was taking were a big help.

Last edited by RaidersOftheCellar; 08-11-2021 at 07:26 PM..
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:27 PM   #54698
Stay positive, don't give up

Quote:
Been there.

Wasn’t fun, as I’d never dealt with shortness of breath before, but a few puffs from my woman’s inhaler and a couple days rest and I was good to go. I don’t think I even missed any work. Maybe a few hours.

So you went to work while having covid?
Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.Sure-Oz wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:28 PM   #54699
Three-Pat

Quote:
Been there.

What would it take to change your stance on the vaccine?
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:42 PM   #54700
I love your mom

Quote:
Been there.

Why do you trust supplements? to my knowledge they are less regulated than pharmaceuticals and still make tons of money for the manufacturers?
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 08-11-2021, 07:47 PM   #54701
MVP

WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 10 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 07:55 PM   #54702
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredadda View Post
My primary stance is that money is/was the biggest driving force. I don't think anything can change that.

I don't have any strong positions on safety or risks at this point. I'm just highly skeptical and I think the CDC is underreporting reactions.

The fact that the control groups have been eliminated (at least in the case of Pfizer and Moderna) will make it very difficult to assess their true safety and efficacy.
RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.RaidersOftheCellar is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #54703
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
Why do you trust supplements? to my knowledge they are less regulated than pharmaceuticals and still make tons of money for the manufacturers?
I'm selective and mostly use products that are third party certified.
Old 08-11-2021, 08:04 PM   #54704
Admitted Planet Junky

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat View Post
Wish I could give this more than one thumbs up.
Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.Chief Roundup has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2021, 08:05 PM   #54705
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz View Post
So you went to work while having covid?
Been working from home for well over a year.