Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones watch...

Last edited by Dante84; 03-09-2024 at 11:20 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:17 PM   #526
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
The structure exists because Mahomes gave the team a massive discount in the first 3 years. 99.9% of the QB’s in history would not have done what he did in the circumstances of winning MVP & Super Bowl in back to back years. “Oh yeah, I am totally cool with being underpaid by $40 million over the next 3 years.” Rare as hell to do that.
It's moreso deferring payment rather than taking a discount. But we're splitting hairs here since that same thing can be done with Chris Jones's contract even though they ideally should front load the shit out of it.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:29 PM   #527
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
It's moreso deferring payment rather than taking a discount. But we're splitting hairs here since that same thing can be done with Chris Jones's contract even though they ideally should front load the shit out of it.
I would be shocked if Chris Jones will stay in Kansas City. It doesn’t make sense for either party at this point. You brought up Kelce’s deal, but elite tight ends are undervalued. Belichick took advantage of this with Gronk. Chiefs doing the same thing with Kelce. He is just as valuable as the best receivers, but gets paid 50% less than them. And probably over 50% less than Chris Jones when he makes his deal with someone else at more than $30M per year. That big number for an aging player does not make sense for KC.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 06:38 PM   #528
Starter

I wish CJ the best, but more importantly, I wish the best for the Chiefs. I'm confident Veach will have a plan for building a winner without him.
MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.MahomesKnows is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 06:53 PM   #529
In Search of a Life

Quote:
I would offer him 30mil and see where that goes.

And I don't know if Mahomes would have gotten more. Probably. I do know what he got which is the highest contract in NFL history.

You don't find it funny that the players you keep bringing up as taking "hometown discounts" signed the highest deals at their positions?
They are arguably the GOATS at their positions, CJ is not a GOAT candidate.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:55 PM   #530
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
I would be shocked if Chris Jones will stay in Kansas City. It doesn’t make sense for either party at this point. You brought up Kelce’s deal, but elite tight ends are undervalued. Belichick took advantage of this with Gronk. Chiefs doing the same thing with Kelce. He is just as valuable as the best receivers, but gets paid 50% less than them. And probably over 50% less than Chris Jones when he makes his deal with someone else at more than $30M per year. That big number for an aging player does not make sense for KC.
I agree with you about Kelce. But I didn't bring him up. Iowahawkeyechief did. I was just pointing out that the only way you can classify him as "taking a hometown discount" is if you compare him to WR contracts. Otherwise, he was paid a top rate for his position just like the other players he brought up.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:56 PM   #531
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Franchise View Post
Wilkins at $20-22 million or Jones at $30-32 million? I think I'll take Wilkins and use that money to fill out another position.
I bet Wilkins is more like 24 fwiw.
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 06:57 PM   #532
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
They are arguably the GOATS at their positions, CJ is not a GOAT candidate.
Moving goalposts now. CJ is still a hall of fame DT. So, yeah he wants to get paid like one. The other DTs signing right now aren't hall of famers or even tracking to be close.

Old 03-09-2024, 07:00 PM   #533
MVP

Quote:
I agree with you about Kelce. But I didn't bring him up. Iowahawkeyechief did. I was just pointing out that the only way you can classify him as "taking a hometown discount" is if you compare him to WR contracts. Otherwise, he was paid a top rate for his position just like the other players he brought up.
Kelce could have demanded more. I think he went pretty easy on them in that deal. I am curious to see if they keep LJ Sneed. Top end of his market is $10M cheaper than Chris Jones.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 03-09-2024, 07:07 PM   #534
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Moving goalposts now. CJ is still a hall of fame DT. So, yeah he wants to get paid like one. The other DTs signing right now aren't hall of famers or even tracking to be close.
No, you brought up their top "contracts", yet they are arguably the GOATS at their positions, Chris Jones is not.

Still don't know what your arguments is... If Jones takes the Bag great, if he takes $30 like you said the Chiefs should offer, great. If he takes the latter he will be remembered much more fondly by Chiefs fans than if he takes the former. What exactly are you mad about?

Last edited by IowaHawkeyeChief; 03-09-2024 at 07:48 PM..
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 07:08 PM   #535
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
No, you brought up their top "contracts", yet they are arguably the GOATS at their positions, Chris Jones is not.

Still don't know what your arguments is... If Jones takes the Bag great, if he takes $30 like you said the Chiefs should offer, great. If he takes the ladder he will be remembered much more fondly by Chiefs fans than if he takes the former. What exactly are you mad about?
What makes you think I'm mad? And you were the ones saying they took hometown discounts. They took the highest contracts at their positions. Since when is that a hometown discount?

Old 03-09-2024, 07:31 PM   #536
MVP

Chris,

Do you want to be the leader of a defense that wins 4-5 Super Bowls, or not?

Let's make a deal.

-Veach
Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.Couch-Potato has just been standing around suckin' on a big ol' chili dog.

Old 03-09-2024, 07:31 PM   #537
On Hiatus

Quote:
Originally Posted by 493rd View Post
Everyone in this thread is clueless except a few who think they’re not, but who in reality are also clueless.
The irony of this post..
Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.Mosbonian threw an interception on a screen pass.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 07:49 PM   #538
In Search of a Life

Quote:
What makes you think I'm mad? And you were the ones saying they took hometown discounts. They took the highest contracts at their positions. Since when is that a hometown discount?
Because if they would have went on the open market they would have brought more, but they decided not to. So you think we should offer Jones more than Aaron Donald? You said $30 per earlier?

Old 03-09-2024, 07:53 PM   #539
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Couch-Potato View Post
Chris,

Do you want to be the leader of a defense that wins 4-5 Super Bowls, or not?

Let's make a deal.

-Veach
Don't think rings matter as much to defensive tackles.we never say "great defensive tackle but he never won a ring" like we do with QBs. He's going to the highest bidder I'm hoping that's the Chiefs
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 07:57 PM   #540
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titty Meat View Post
Don't think rings matter as much to defensive tackles.we never say "great defensive tackle but he never won a ring" like we do with QBs. He's going to the highest bidder I'm hoping that's the Chiefs
I do to, if the bidding is $30 per or under.

Closed Thread