Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room > Media Center
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 05-24-2017, 02:23 PM  
oxymoron

Game of Thrones Seasons 7-8

About to hit the 5000 post mark on the old thread, the first season 7 trailer today seems like the right time to start the final Game of Thones thread.

I'm going back to the original rules pre-2015. I don't think we need supervision or bannings. Just don't be a dick. Post anything you find online that hasn't aired yet inside of spoiler tags. That's pretty much it. I think we can all handle that...

For future us, 2015 thread is here: Link

Last edited by keg in kc; 06-21-2017 at 10:48 AM..
keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.keg in kc is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-19-2019, 10:58 PM   #5281
MVP

I’ll watch seasons 1-6 and pretend 7-8 don’t exist.
kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.kcpasco threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-19-2019, 11:23 PM   #5282
Forever Royal

I don’t think anyone views Jon’s “punishment” as punishment so I’m not sure why anyone thinks he should want to go back to Winterfell or somewhere else. The entire time Tyrion was telling Jon his punishment I read it as Tyrion trying to hold back laughter, as in “Grey Worm actually thinks this is a punishment for you.” Tyrion even said very sarcastically, “we are all very sad” or something to that effect. Also, Bran will support The Nights Watch much better then it ever was before so Jon will return it to its former glory.

As for Drogon, him burning the chair seemed liked his way of saying he hated what it represented, what it did to Dany, and how it made her want him to destroy the innocents. Dragons are supposed to be very intelligent so he knows that it corrupted her and she ended up doing terrible things.

I don’t know that a show of this magnitude can ever have a great ending. Mostly because all of the characters are so well developed and many of their stories are just beginning again. This show was never going to be able to have a natural ending.
mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.mr. tegu is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 3 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 11:52 PM   #5283
The Lede

[QUOTE=Superturtle;14276010]Jon got to pet Ghost. That was nice.
Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dylan is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:05 AM   #5284
Immanentize The Eschaton

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr. tegu View Post
I don’t think anyone views Jon’s “punishment” as punishment so I’m not sure why anyone thinks he should want to go back to Winterfell or somewhere else. The entire time Tyrion was telling Jon his punishment I read it as Tyrion trying to hold back laughter, as in “Grey Worm actually thinks this is a punishment for you.” Tyrion even said very sarcastically, “we are all very sad” or something to that effect. Also, Bran will support The Nights Watch much better then it ever was before so Jon will return it to its former glory.

As for Drogon, him burning the chair seemed liked his way of saying he hated what it represented, what it did to Dany, and how it made her want him to destroy the innocents. Dragons are supposed to be very intelligent so he knows that it corrupted her and she ended up doing terrible things.

I don’t know that a show of this magnitude can ever have a great ending. Mostly because all of the characters are so well developed and many of their stories are just beginning again. This show was never going to be able to have a natural ending.

I think Drogon understood everything that happened and that he burned the chair as a way of saying that if she couldn't have it then no one could have it, as a last show of respect to his master.
listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.listopencil is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 AM   #5285
CEO of Gorilla Channel

Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:55 AM   #5286
CEO of Gorilla Channel

In addition to Kings Landing having a Starbucks, I guess they also sell Arrowhead water bottles in KL.

Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.Pogue is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 12:56 AM   #5287
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
IMO you need to aim your hate at GRRM.

Expecting 2 screenwriters to duplicate the nuance in narrative that was achieved over 20 years by a novelist that is widely regarded as one of the best to do it in 4 years is a joke.

Sounds an awful lot like your problem.

There are things I wish they’d done better but to ask them to do in 4 years (roughly half the story) when it took Martin 20 (roughly half the story) is a joke.

Look, there are things I don’t love, but I feel compelled to stand up for D/D when everyone is putting them on blast. They have problems that I feel are avoidable but to pretend that 7 and 8 are garbage is as bad of a take as I can think of.
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-20-2019, 01:02 AM   #5288
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho View Post
Trope ridden dog shot?

Please elaborate.

In typical fantasy tropes, Jon Snow and Daenerys Targaryen become the good king and good queen after saving the world and usher in an era of prosperity as the philosopher king/queen.

Find a typical fantasy trope that ends with those with power agreeing to an emperor/ruler who serves a life term and then is replaced by a vote?
temper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitellitemper11 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 05-20-2019, 01:16 AM   #5289
MVP

I hated that ending. Absolutely hated it. ****ing Broken Bran
dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.dlphg9 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:17 AM   #5290
The Boom Boom Room

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gravedigger View Post
Bran sucks and makes no sense, he said in episode 2 that he doesn’t want anymore but yet like a smug piece of shit he says why do you think I came all this way. **** Bran, he’s the worst written character the last three seasons, turned into a comatose robot dick after becoming the three eyed raven. Tyrion would’ve at least made sense, could’ve had Bronn as his hand, had Brienne as the captain of the kings guard. Bran makes sense as Master of Whispers; he knows everything already so he’s baller at his job and he can do as he pleases.
Bran is more Merlin than Arthur. I was perturbed by that plot point that Bran would accept it. The banishment of Jon with no closure of the Azor Ahai prophecy is another narrative that's bugging me.

Ultimately, IMO the finale was mediocre and lame.
Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.Tribal Warfare is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 AM   #5291
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue View Post
Sansa: “Bran your lord of Winterfell”

Bran: I don’t want it.

Tyrion: (long speech) Bran do you want to be King?

Bran: Why do you think I came down here.

WTF is that?
Tyrion didn't ask him if he wanted to be king... he asked him if he would be king.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 AM   #5292
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcpasco View Post
Who is excited for the D&D Star Wars trilogy after that fantastic ending?
Me
Old 05-20-2019, 01:32 AM   #5293
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare View Post
Bran is more Merlin than Arthur. I was perturbed by that plot point that Bran would accept it. The banishment of Jon with no closure of the Azor Ahai prophecy is another narrative that's bugging me.

Ultimately, IMO the finale was mediocre and lame.
Bran is more Steve Wozniak, drop in the small council every six months or so to say something random and inscrutable, then **** off to swim with the swordfish or some shit.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-20-2019, 01:43 AM   #5294
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
It was shit and this isn’t GoT that we all grew and came to love. This is a lot like Star Wars once Disney took over.
Pretty much....these writers are trained how to make generic, predictable plot arcs work for the uncritical masses. The GOT base were people who actually took the time to read...and are punching holes in the formulaic "tricks" they learned in film school.

With the money HBO stood to gain...they should have hired talented, creative consultants to "round table" potential outcomes. Could have had Alex Garland, Spike Jonez and Chris Cunningham pulling together to come up with alternative arcs.

This felt like "lowest common denominator" writing/directing...and a bunch of untalented "white collar" producers having final say...definitely a Disney vibe.

We are left with a "what could have been"...shame.

Last edited by BlackOp; 05-20-2019 at 01:50 AM..
BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.BlackOp is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 02:06 AM   #5295
Paladin

It's finally over. Also I called Tyrion finding the golden hand a mile away. I could have written this episode and I hated English class growing up and writing in general.
Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.Setsuna threw an interception on a screen pass.