Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 02-26-2020, 10:28 PM  
MVP

***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***

A couple of reminders...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dartgod View Post
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

Last edited by Bearcat; 03-25-2020 at 08:56 AM.. Reason: adding spoiler tag
JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.JakeF Forgot to Remove His Claytex and Got Toxic Shock Syndrome.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:26 AM   #52561
MVP

My 29 year old son tested positive in December and was down for about a week with mild to moderate symptoms. He has been told he likely has antibodies for a long time and has been told maybe not. He finally said screw it and got his first Phizer yesterday.
jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.jdubya threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:33 AM   #52562
Seize life. Be an ermine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.city View Post
Vast majority of breakthru cases are mild to asymptomatic.

So I wouldn't worry.
That's where I'm at these days. Protection against getting a little bit sick is great, but protection against going into an ICU or dying is the key. I'm not hearing that the breakthrough cases are causing serious illness, so I'm climbing back into the saddle of everyday living.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
The vast majority of break through cases I've seen reported are from the J&J.
That's interesting.

It's really interesting to me to see how the different vaccines are faring. The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines seems to be highly effective and holding up well against the variants.

The J&J seems okay, but we always knew it was going to be less effective.

The Astrazenica and Sinopharm are taking a beating against the variant in the Seychelles. And I read that they're also not effective enough for a population to reach herd immunity using only those vaccines. My hunch is that the J&J falls more closely to this group than to the Pfizer and Moderna.

I wonder how the Russian one is doing.

And Novavax seems to have missed the boat. By the time they have vaccines in syringes we'll be done.
Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.Rain Man is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-25-2021, 11:51 AM   #52563
Please squeeze

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider View Post
The vast majority of break through cases I've seen reported are from the J&J.
That is what I am thinking. I am glad I got the Pfizer vaccine but I also still do alot of social distancing.
dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.dirk digler is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 08:15 AM   #52564
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk digler View Post
That is what I am thinking. I am glad I got the Pfizer vaccine but I also still do alot of social distancing.
At least one of those breakthroughs in Liv was a Moderna.
ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.ghak99 has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:21 PM   #52565
"!MOOB knihT"

50.3% of adult Americans now fully vaccinated. Pretty impressive, really.
NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:44 PM   #52566
The Maintenance Guy

Something fishy going on here....
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 05:56 PM   #52567
"!MOOB knihT"

The B.1.1.7 (UK) variant is now the most prevalent strain in almost every state. I would post a very informative link, but it seems that I do not have the requisite number of posts yet to post any links.
NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.NotDonger is not part of the Right 53.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 1     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 07:24 PM   #52568
It was not a fair catch

Ohio gives 1 million dollars to someone that got a vaccine.

Minnesota giving away State Fair tickets. (if they can spare them) Could that be more Minnesotan?
displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.displacedinMN is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:29 PM   #52569
The Maintenance Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDonger View Post
The B.1.1.7 (UK) variant is now the most prevalent strain in almost every state. I would post a very informative link, but it seems that I do not have the requisite number of posts yet to post any links.
You kind of remind me of Donger. Are you sure you're NotDonger?
Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bugeater is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:49 PM   #52570
"!MOOB knihT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugeater View Post
You kind of remind me of Donger. Are you sure you're NotDonger?
I fail to see why you think that. And no, I’m not sure that I’m NotDonger. On the contrary, I am NotDonger.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:50 PM   #52571
King Sandbagger

What do you mean by contrary?
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Old 05-26-2021, 07:56 PM   #52572
"!MOOB knihT"

Quote:
Originally Posted by phisherman View Post
What do you mean by contrary?
Sorry, I don’t do questions.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 08:01 PM   #52573
King Sandbagger

Quote:
Sorry, I don’t do questions.
Definitely not Donger.
phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.phisherman wants to die in a aids tree fire.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2021, 11:08 PM   #52574
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
I fail to see why you think that. And no, I’m not sure that I’m NotDonger. On the contrary, I am NotDonger.

Do you wash your legs and how do you feel about having a beer in your garage?
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2021, 11:31 AM   #52575
Ain't no relax!

Moderna is 93% effective for teens after just one dose...

Moderna's COVID vaccine safe and highly effective in adolescents, study shows
  • No virus cases were observed in the vaccine group after two doses, "resulting in a vaccine efficacy of 100% starting 14 days after the second dose," according to the company.
  • The vaccine was found to be 93% effective after one dose.
  • Moderna's vaccine is the second to show high efficacy in younger age groups, following Pfizer, which received an FDA emergency use authorization for adolescents earlier this month.
Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fish is obviously part of the inner Circle.