Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 07:42 AM  
Cast Iron Jedi

What's for dinner? Here's mine... (Part 2)

What you got?
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:54 PM   #511
Baba Ganoush

Quote:
Originally Posted by GloryDayz View Post
Super awesome!!

In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.In58men is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-19-2014, 08:55 PM   #512
Supporter

Patty melt, had some onions that needed using up and were best eaten cooked [ie, a little wilted], and some Brooklyn Rye.

Love fixing a burger by defrosting it first in brisket marinade, very savory.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-20-2014, 02:15 PM   #513
Politically Incorrect

This thread needs more pictures!!!

I made a stir fry in the wok with 2 packages of Angus Beef strips marinated in Stir Fry sauces then added Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and ground ginger.

Also made a package of frozen stir fry vegetables of baby corn, bamboo shoots. water chestnuts, snow peas, red and green peppers, carrots, green beans, and almond slivers that I added all the spices above plus soy sauce and some water.

Came out fantastic!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	STIR FRY (1).jpg
Views:	151
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	107662   Click image for larger version

Name:	STIR FRY (2).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	107663   Click image for larger version

Name:	STIR FRY (5).jpg
Views:	146
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	107664  
scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.scho63 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-20-2014, 03:49 PM   #514
Gimme My Berries Back!

I made this dish but I had to use up a very thin top round steak so it was an experiment for future use. But the kid wouldn't eat, edamame. I'm not wild about it myself. So my veggies were like the second dish—which I also want to try.

My meat didn't look this good at all. It was also kinda tough. But at least I got rid of it finally.

BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #515
MVP

A slow roasted whole chicken in the crock pot. Plenty of veggies, spices and herbs in the mix. A side of Basmati rice.
Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.Stewie is too fat/Omaha.

Old 08-21-2014, 06:27 PM   #516
www.nfl-forecast.com

Italian pork tenderloin (cooked in onions, sun dried tomatoes, sage, parsley prosciutto, chicken broth and cream.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	150
Size:	102.9 KB
ID:	107681  
cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.cdcox is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:27 PM   #517
Gimme My Berries Back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewie View Post
A slow roasted whole chicken in the crock pot. Plenty of veggies, spices and herbs in the mix. A side of Basmati rice.
Why not your Flavoware thingamabob? Is there a difference in the outcome you wanted.
BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.BucEyedPea is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:39 PM   #518
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucEyedPea View Post
Why not your Flavoware thingamabob? Is there a difference in the outcome you wanted.
Slow cooking is still best in a crock pot. Especially is veggies are involved in a stew/broth situation.

Newer models let you set the level low enough to approach slow cooking, but it's going to continue to cook hotter and drier than a crock pot. It's convection cooking, not immersion.
Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.Baby Lee is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 07:57 PM   #519
Veteran

I made some baked beans last night. I used Alton Brown's recipe. 1lb bacon. 1lb beans. Molasses. Jalepeno peppers. They turned out ok. Nothing mind blowing. I was a bit disappointed. I'll just stick with the canned varieties, I guess.
Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.Mennonite threw an interception on a screen pass.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:15 PM   #520
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fried Meat Ball! View Post
That's correct, but you'll want to do a couple rounds right out of the box.
You re-season after every use? Screw that, I run it under hot water while hot and deglaze. Wipe it out, give it a light coat of cooking spray and call it good. I think of re-seasoning as coating the pan in oil and smoking it in the oven? I'm not doing that every time I cook an egg.

To me cast iron likes repeated cooking with minimal clean up. The food and grease left over from the last time I cooked is the seasoning. It's a build up of left over crud that turns people off but tends to make everything taste better. Kind of like leftovers that taste better the next day.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:20 PM   #521
Shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by scho63 View Post
This thread needs more pictures!!!

I made a stir fry in the wok with 2 packages of Angus Beef strips marinated in Stir Fry sauces then added Garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and ground ginger.

Also made a package of frozen stir fry vegetables of baby corn, bamboo shoots. water chestnuts, snow peas, red and green peppers, carrots, green beans, and almond slivers that I added all the spices above plus soy sauce and some water.

Came out fantastic!
I have been making stir fry in our wok a couple nights a week lately, we love it

Tonight was homemade lasagna. Our version is different than most, I think at least, but it's awesome
SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.SAUTO is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-21-2014, 08:21 PM
Buzz
This message has been deleted by Buzz. Reason: q
Old 08-21-2014, 09:22 PM   #522
I like Pie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inmem58 View Post
My wife just bought me my very first cast iron skillet. Very eager to try the steaks and burgers.
You wont use that pan for everyday cooking till you ruin it and bring it back to life. Look up videos on how to strip, sand and re-season. You will basically take a new pan and put 50 years of wear on it in a few hours, using power tools and sand paper.

You will probably hate me if you take this advice, but you will thank me later. The problem with the new pans is they aren't smooth, the casting bumps on the bottom makes everything want to stick. If you do this, do it outside, the factory coating will get on everything, and be prepared for dirt boogers. Either that or keep it for steaks and burgers and use Teflon on everything else.
Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.Buzz is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:10 AM   #523
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
You wont use that pan for everyday cooking till you ruin it and bring it back to life. Look up videos on how to strip, sand and re-season. You will basically take a new pan and put 50 years of wear on it in a few hours, using power tools and sand paper.

You will probably hate me if you take this advice, but you will thank me later. The problem with the new pans is they aren't smooth, the casting bumps on the bottom makes everything want to stick. If you do this, do it outside, the factory coating will get on everything, and be prepared for dirt boogers. Either that or keep it for steaks and burgers and use Teflon on everything else.

I do not approve this message.
Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.Fire Me Boy! is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-22-2014, 05:26 AM   #524
You Sweetie!

ant tartar

But of course!

Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.Simply Red is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 08-22-2014, 07:07 AM   #525
Cast Iron Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
You re-season after every use? Screw that, I run it under hot water while hot and deglaze. Wipe it out, give it a light coat of cooking spray and call it good. I think of re-seasoning as coating the pan in oil and smoking it in the oven? I'm not doing that every time I cook an egg.

To me cast iron likes repeated cooking with minimal clean up. The food and grease left over from the last time I cooked is the seasoning. It's a build up of left over crud that turns people off but tends to make everything taste better. Kind of like leftovers that taste better the next day.
No, I don't reseason after every use, unless I'm breaking in a new pan. And no, I don't hardly ever do that oven reseasoning except at the very, very beginning. I cook in the pan, clean it, smear some oil and put it on a low burner for 10-15 minutes while I do other things.

And I sure as hell don't use cooking spray. Unless you're using one of those pump sprays with olive oil or something, you're adding whatever additives (like alcohol, lecithin, and "propellant") to your cast iron. I'd highly recommend you just put a teaspoon of canola oil in the hot pan and smear it around with a paper towel.

Closed Thread