Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2024, 10:13 AM  
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Chris Jones watch...

Last edited by Dante84; 03-09-2024 at 11:20 AM..
Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:36 PM   #511
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by -King- View Post
When Patrick signed his deal it was the biggest contract in NFL history. Then before last season he restructured his contract so that he would have the highest cap hit in the league.

And when Kelce signed he was the highest paid TE in history until Kittle signed his deal later on that day. Saying he took a "hometown discount" is revisionist rose colored glasses history. We only say he's underpaid in relation to WRs but even now 4 years after signing his deal he's still the 4th highest paid TE in the league.
You are clueless if you think Mahomes couldn't get much more money and Travis much more... Just to be clear. You think we should be offering CJ $32-33 per, with 75% guaranteed? Is that why you are angry? No one is going to be mad at Jones if he takes the bag, we just don't want the Chiefs to give it to him at this age. We hope he will take a discount to stay and if he doesn't his legacy as a Chief won't be as strong as if he had stayed his entire career here. ITS NOT THAT HARD...
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0    
Old 03-09-2024, 05:37 PM   #512
In Search of a Life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archie Bunker View Post
Why?
No reason to, if you like the trade proposal. You will have some nice cap space to fill in on D and work on the O.
IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.IowaHawkeyeChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:42 PM   #513
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief View Post
You are clueless if you think Mahomes couldn't get much more money and Travis much more... Just to be clear. You think we should be offering CJ $32-33 per, with 75% guaranteed? Is that why you are angry? No one is going to be mad at Jones if he takes the bag, we just don't want the Chiefs to give it to him at this age. We hope he will take a discount to stay and if he doesn't his legacy as a Chief won't be as strong as if he had stayed his entire career here. ITS NOT THAT HARD...
I would offer him 30mil and see where that goes.

And I don't know if Mahomes would have gotten more. Probably. I do know what he got which is the highest contract in NFL history.

You don't find it funny that the players you keep bringing up as taking "hometown discounts" signed the highest deals at their positions?
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:47 PM   #514
GDT Contributor

Everyone in this thread is clueless except a few who think they’re not, but who in reality are also clueless.
493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.493rd is blessed with 50/50 Hindsight.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:50 PM   #515
I love your mom

Quote:
I would offer him 30mil and see where that goes.

And I don't know if Mahomes would have gotten more. Probably. I do know what he got which is the highest contract in NFL history.

You don't find it funny that the players you keep bringing up as taking "hometown discounts" signed the highest deals at their positions?
I’m not giving him 30 Donald’s contract was an albatross, top guys are getting mid 20s in their prime 27-28 is the most I would do .
Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.Monticore would the whole thing.
Old 03-09-2024, 05:51 PM   #516
MVP

Quote:
When Patrick signed his deal it was the biggest contract in NFL history. Then before last season he restructured his contract so that he would have the highest cap hit in the league.

And when Kelce signed he was the highest paid TE in history until Kittle signed his deal later on that day. Saying he took a "hometown discount" is revisionist rose colored glasses history. We only say he's underpaid in relation to WRs but even now 4 years after signing his deal he's still the 4th highest paid TE in the league.
Mahomes got paid chump change in the first 3 years of that deal. And before you say he had 2 years left on his rookie deal, so did Jared Goff & Carson Wentz a year earlier. Mahomes’ payout is a joke compared to those 2 guys, never mind the dudes that got their deals later. And he theoretically had way more leverage than any of them, given that he won MVP & Super Bowl in 2018 and 2019 heading into that new contract. Here’s the list:

2019 Goff: $82 million for 3 years
2019 Wentz: $77 million for 3 years
2020 Mahomes: $63 million for 3 years
2021 Allen: $95 million for 3 years
2023 Herbert: $134 million for 3 years
2023 Burrow: $146 million for 3 years
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:53 PM   #517
Tossed Salad & Scrambled Eggs

Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.Dante84 is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:57 PM   #518
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monticore View Post
I’m not giving him 30 Donald’s contract was an albatross, top guys are getting mid 20s in their prime 27-28 is the most I would do .
That's fair. I would do it because he has a longer track record of being elite than those guys, still playing elite and was the #2 player in pass rush wins as a DT despite also being the #1 player when it came to taking on double teams. He's a lot better than the other guys being signed right now.
-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.-King- is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 05:59 PM   #519
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
Mahomes got paid chump change in the first 3 years of that deal. And before you say he had 2 years left on his rookie deal, so did Jared Goff & Carson Wentz a year earlier. Mahomes’ payout is a joke compared to those 2 guys, never mind the dudes that got their deals later. And he theoretically had way more leverage than any of them, given that he won MVP & Super Bowl in 2018 and 2019 heading into that new contract. Here’s the list:

2019 Goff: $82 million for 3 years
2019 Wentz: $77 million for 3 years
2020 Mahomes: $63 million for 3 years
2021 Allen: $95 million for 3 years
2023 Herbert: $134 million for 3 years
2023 Burrow: $146 million for 3 years
That's literally just contract structuring. Some teams like to front load contracts. Some teams back load contracts. Some teams evenly load contracts. Ideally you do a mix depending on team needs at the time.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:03 PM   #520
MVP

Quote:
That's literally just contract structuring. Some teams like to front load contracts. Some teams back load contracts. Some teams evenly load contracts. Ideally you do a mix depending on team needs at the time.
No, I listed the cash flow. Mahomes was paid absolute chump change compared to those other guys. This was not funny cap hit shenanigans, it was very low cash flow for a better player than his peers.
DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.DRM08 wants to die in a aids tree fire.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:09 PM   #521
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRM08 View Post
No, I listed the cash flow. Mahomes was paid absolute chump change compared to those other guys. This was not funny cap hit shenanigans, it was very low cash flow for a better player than his peers.
Still structuring. You see how last year it jumped 59+ mil+. Teams can structure layouts anyway they want. If Veach wants to give Chris $1 for each of the next two years and then suddenly have a $80mil cash payout, he can. Though I don't think Clark would go for that lol.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:12 PM   #522
Andy Reid Supporter

Quote:
That's fair. I would do it because he has a longer track record of being elite than those guys, still playing elite and was the #2 player in pass rush wins as a DT despite also being the #1 player when it came to taking on double teams. He's a lot better than the other guys being signed right now.
And Veach made an offer that reflected that. 2 year add on making it $27.5 million APY.

Chris wants $30 million + and that’s more than fair. I was fine with us reaching to around $30 million but I don’t think it’s responsible for us to go into the $31-33 million range.

Sucks but that’s best for both parties
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:12 PM   #523
MVP

Quote:
Still structuring. You see how last year it jumped 59+ mil+. Teams can structure layouts anyway they want. If Veach wants to give Chris $1 for each of the next two years and then suddenly have a $80mil cash payout, he can. Though I don't think Clark would go for that lol.
The structure exists because Mahomes gave the team a massive discount in the first 3 years. 99.9% of the QB’s in history would not have done what he did in the circumstances of winning MVP & Super Bowl in back to back years. “Oh yeah, I am totally cool with being underpaid by $40 million over the next 3 years.” Rare as hell to do that.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:14 PM   #524
▓▓▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▓▓

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
And Veach made an offer that reflected that. 2 year add on making it $27.5 million APY.

Chris wants $30 million + and that’s more than fair. I was fine with us reaching to around $30 million but I don’t think it’s responsible for us to go into the $31-33 million range.

Sucks but that’s best for both parties
Yeah at this point it is what it is. Like with Tyreek, I'd understand the decision, I just wouldn't like it. We'll see in 2 days I guess.

Old 03-09-2024, 06:17 PM   #525
Most Valuable Villain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dante84 View Post
Wilkins at $20-22 million or Jones at $30-32 million? I think I'll take Wilkins and use that money to fill out another position.
The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.The Franchise is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Closed Thread