Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 10-08-2022, 02:38 PM  
Veteran

Pittbulls kill 2 year old and 5 month old

Quote:
Two young children are dead and their mother suffered major injuries after two family dogs attacked a baby and toddler outside their West Tennessee home.Kirstie Bennard, 30, suffered critical injuries when she tried to intervene in the attack on her 5-month-old boy, Hollace Dean, and 2-year-old girl, Lilly Jane, family and police said.

"She put her body on top of Lilly’s to try and protect her after the attack started," Bennard's uncle by marriage, Jeff Gibson told USA TODAY on Saturday. "Both (dogs) started attacking her while she lay on Lilly."The two children were pronounced dead when officials arrived at the home, the sheriff's office reported.

It was not immediately known what provoked the mauling.The mauling, Gibson said, lasted about 10 minutes.The dogs – two pit bulls that belonged to the family – were euthanized at Memphis Animal Services Thursday.

The family owned the pets, Cheech and Mia, for more than eight years without a violent incident, Kelsey Canfield, the mother's best friend, told Fox News.

"I can promise you those children were her world, and if there was any inkling of danger, she would have never had those dogs near her kids," Canfield told the outlet. "Those children were everything to them, and they just have a really long journey ahead."
Full Article: https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...ng/8219201001/

How do you feel about PittBull's? I posted this because my wife shared this story with me and my son was just recently participating in a "read to sheltered dogs" event where you could adopt a dog (I know brilliant).

I've heard the arguments that PittBull's get a bad wrap, but it seems time and time again they are the focal point of dogs who do these horrible acts.
TripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby PiscitelliTripleThreat 's adopt a chief was Sabby Piscitelli
Old 10-25-2023, 08:18 AM   #511
Fight, build, win!

Always wanted a Toklat 454 Casull but just wasn't practical.

Pretty good discussion on firearms for Bear repellant.
srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.srvy is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:25 AM   #512
left blank intentionally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lzen View Post
Is this actually real? I mean, why would somebody be charged with a felony for simply defending themselves from a loose dog?
Don't know if it's real, but I could see it in 2023 :

Pibble running free, someone is carrying and shoots the dog, the owner is "afraid" (rationally or not) and if you pull a gun in some states and that causes someone to fear for their life, you could be charged...
rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.rabblerouser is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 1 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 08:27 AM   #513
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by lcarus View Post
I've always wanted one of those. Just never had a good reason to have one other than just for kicks (and I assume it does kick pretty good). Maybe one day I'll live in bear country and I'll finally have a reason.
It definitely packs a wallop, but not as much as you would think, depending how hot the rounds you're running through it. With 2900 ft/lb. muzzle energy, it's going to rock you a little bit. The weight, combined with the muzzle break tame it a little bit. I had a .454 Casull Taurus Raging Bull at one point and that that thing was a lot worse, particularly with hot rounds. Every time I would squeeze a round off with that thing, it felt like my hand was getting hit with a sledge hammer. The .500 is nothing like that.

I generally run 60 rounds through the .500 in the spring in one sitting to get dialed back in, then 20 each time I'm in the mountains. Ammo for the .500 has doubled in price over the last two years as well. Even light rounds are crazy. If a guy is used to shooting a .22, or a 9mm, It will take some rounds down rage to get used to, no doubt about it. With that said, it's a really fun gun to shoot and I would highly recommend picking one up.
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:30 AM   #514
MY LITTLE #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by R Clark View Post
So you’re throwing German shepherds in with pit bulls ?
German Shepherds were the ferocious dogs to go after back in, what, the 70's? Then it was Dobermanns in the 80's and Rottweilers in the 90's.

I love the picture of the chihuahua at the end...
luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.luv is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:30 AM   #515
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
My son didn't need the rest of the shots as they observed and released into her sisters custody who had land in the country. The KC pet project did the evaluation as that was where the kcmo animal control dropped the dogs for observation. I was told by animal control this dog would not be allowed back to the original owners. The agent told me over the phone it couldn't come back unless a fence at least 6.5 feet in height was constructed. A month later I was setting out trash and heard the neighbor holler get out here. The same shepherd came running up the street saw me and did a 90-degree lept fence into the neighbor's yard and disappeared. I then had my handgun at the ready if ever I seen. I called Animal Control and told them no improvements were made to restrain this dog. They seemed disinterested and nothing happened the dog was out running many times. I came close to putting it down but no safe shooting lanes so didn't pull the thunder. The neighbor wouldn't answer the phone or knocks at their door.

Anyway, months passed and a new neighbor a street over described the same dog had bit her grade school daughter at the bus stop and neighbors told her where the dog belonged. The dog was collected and destroyed and it was current. So much history with this dog till it was finally done in. I wish I'd killed it before that little girl was bitten.

That neighbor's reputation was mud and they moved a few years ago good riddance. Also **** KC Pet Project for allowing this piece of shit animal back into our neighborhood to reek terror. My son who loved dogs was never the same. I had to pick him up and drop him off at school he stopped playing outside till a year after this dog was for sure gone and he came out of it and got back to normal.
Man, that's the kind of person who should never be responsible for anything, dog or human.

I understand your regret. I hate to say it but, I probably would have taken matters into my own hands.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #516
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buehler445 View Post
JFC.

Honestly I didn’t know it was that prolific with that breed. Neighbor had one and I didn’t think twice about it.

We used to drop hogs we pulled for slaughter with a hollow point .22. That’s plopping one in the dome though. If you’re under duress and you don’t think you can land one in the melon get something bigger.

Whatever you use, get hollow points. You could use an AR 15 and a full metal jacket will just poke a hole in him. Get hollow points, rip it’s shit apart and be done.
This is a good point. I would also highly recommend going to the range and practice shooting. Last thing he wants is to have a stray round hit somebody or something.
Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.Lzen is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:32 AM   #517
Forever Royal

Pit bulls are ugly.
mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.mr. tegu has enough rep power to blowy ou to bits.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:45 AM   #518
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-post Tom View Post
Had a similar occurrence last year. Don’t blame the dog: blame the owner. She’s at fault.
You're right. While I was cussing at her I did tell her that she can't be walking with her dog off leash. And yeah, I was pissed at the dog, too, but I know the dog was just doing what dogs do, or animals in general.
Old 10-25-2023, 08:46 AM   #519
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwana View Post
It definitely packs a wallop, but not as much as you would think, depending how hot the rounds you're running through it. With 2900 ft/lb. muzzle energy, it's going to rock you a little bit. The weight, combined with the muzzle break tame it a little bit. I had a .454 Casull Taurus Raging Bull at one point and that that thing was a lot worse, particularly with hot rounds. Every time I would squeeze a round off with that thing, it felt like my hand was getting hit with a sledge hammer. The .500 is nothing like that.

I generally run 60 rounds through the .500 in the spring in one sitting to get dialed back in, then 20 each time I'm in the mountains. Ammo for the .500 has doubled in price over the last two years as well. Even light rounds are crazy. If a guy is used to shooting a .22, or a 9mm, It will take some rounds down rage to get used to, no doubt about it. With that said, it's a really fun gun to shoot and I would highly recommend picking one up.
Muzzle energy of a 30.6.
notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.notorious is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 09:11 AM   #520
It's Five O'Clock Somewhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by notorious View Post
Muzzle energy of a 30.6.
It's calling your name!
Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.Bwana is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:10 PM   #521
I'll be back.

looking at this

https://www.omahaoutdoors.com/725327617501/

Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:13 PM   #522
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties View Post
Got a bad mosquito problem in your neighborhood?
Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:15 PM   #523
I'll be back.

you telling me 38 special isn't enough for a damn dog
Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.Hammock Parties is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 10-25-2023, 12:18 PM   #524
WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS

Quote:
Oh FFS

I owned one of those, except it had a hammer. The double action trigger pull on that gun SUCKS. Plus it only holds five rounds. So many better options.

If you're serious about this, do yourself a favor before you waste your money - find a local range that has firearm rentals and actually test fire some different guns.
Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.Frazod is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2023, 12:19 PM   #525
Beyond the Rapids

Quote:
you telling me 38 special isn't enough for a damn dog
As a CPer you obviously need this

Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.Eleazar is obviously part of the inner Circle.