Home Discord Chat
Go Back   ChiefsPlanet > Nzoner's Game Room
Register FAQDonate Members List Calendar

Old 03-22-2024, 08:53 PM  
Andy Reid Supporter

Sneed traded to Titans

RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:08 AM   #511
Why so serious?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons View Post
Not being sarcastic.... Do you really think without Sneed, or at least the Sneed we saw last year, this will be top 5 D?
Probably not. But defensive success from season to season is incredibly volatile anyway, so the odds weren't in our favor that we were going to be a top-5 defense again even if we ran it back. This obviously reduces the odds of that even further as the scheme is going to have to change on some level, but the counterpunch is that the offense will be improved. And that's called 'team building.'
TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.TwistedChief is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 4 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:19 AM   #512
SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS

I sat this thread out last night bc I knew it would be a blood bath.

Am I sad to see LJ leave and him not be worth what we hoped? Sure.

Am I damn happy he made the right call to secure generational wealth? **** yes.

Do I understand why the Chiefs are here and continue to build their roster in a more dynastic way that is reminiscent of the only other dynasty we’ve seen in the last 25 years? Yep.

That $20 million is gonna be used to fill the rest of the roster and go into the draft with absolutely zero holes. And in the draft, we are only gonna get better.

They’re making the choice to extend some younger pieces — I believe Creed, Bolton, and McDuffie will all get paid ultimately. You can’t pay em all and not expect it to bite you in the ass. Have to keep getting younger and cheaper in certain spots.

Three-peat is still on and so is the massive Super Bowl window for the next many years that hopefully puts the Chiefs past all other franchises in total Lombardi’s.
pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.pugsnotdrugs19 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Thumbs Up 11 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:24 AM   #513
MVP

Teams overvalue picks too much nowadays, IMO. A 3rd round pick is more likely to become KeiVarae Russell than a star player.

If I'm a GM in the league, I would give a mid to late 2nd rounder for an established star CB who is only 27. Provided the contract asking price wasn't too high, which seems to be the biggest hurdle here. If Sneed went down on his asking price, we'd get a better haul.

We shouldn't be thrilled with this trade but that's just the market. The price wasn't going to improve next year either. Nobody was happy when Tyreek was traded but they used the money and picks wisely.
Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.Gary Cooper would the whole thing.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:33 AM   #514
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post
Teams overvalue picks too much nowadays, IMO. A 3rd round pick is more likely to become KeiVarae Russell than a star player.

If I'm a GM in the league, I would give a mid to late 2nd rounder for an established star CB who is only 27. Provided the contract asking price wasn't too high, which seems to be the biggest hurdle here. If Sneed went down on his asking price, we'd get a better haul.

We shouldn't be thrilled with this trade but that's just the market. The price wasn't going to improve next year either. Nobody was happy when Tyreek was traded but they used the money and picks wisely.
And fans over value the players on their own team. So these meltdowns by certain people, not you but others, are over a trade value and market that didn't exist. Pure fantasy.
WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.WhawhaWhat has an IQ even higher than Frankie's.
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:35 AM   #515
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper View Post

Most teams, probably so. But teams that manage the draft well and have a generational, but expensive QB, are the exception imho
Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.Woogieman is not part of the Right 53.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:38 AM   #516
Life is changing..

Sneed was a really good player. I'm bummed we didn't more for him, but whatever.

Glad we still have McDuffie.
TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.TLO is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:39 AM   #517
Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rausch View Post
I don't know what steps 4-8 are for this team.
Veach is attacking the WR problem, just as he did the o-line and defensive backfield before.

The $20M not paid to Sneed in 2025 can instead be used to pay Hollywood's new deal should he earn it in 2024. Draft a good WR in a great draft class and, barring injury, the weakness becomes a strength and bolsters the offense for life after Travis.

No question the defense may suffer. But it would be foolish to not do everything possible to better equip the offense going forward. We have Mahomes.
Wallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking aboutWallymo is the dumbass Milkman is always talking about
Thumbs Up 2 Thumbs Down 0     Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2024, 10:41 AM   #518
How tall is this thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SurroundedByMorons View Post
Not being sarcastic.... Do you really think without Sneed, or at least the Sneed we saw last year, this will be top 5 D?
It doesn't need to be.

If the issues with the horrific offense we fielded in which we couldn't reach 20 points in over half of the contests are resolved, then it won't be on the defense to win these games, and to keep us in the game as we shit our pants series after series.

The offense couldn't answer the bell when asked to score three touchdowns, more often than not. That's unheard of for an offense quarterbacked by a fully healthy Patrick Mahomes.

3 touchdowns is normally a good first half when things are working. When we see the offense return to form with competent skill position players, the defense is only going to need to get a few stops per game and it's lights out. There will be some drop-off, there will be some scores surrendered, but it won't matter because the offense will be competent again.

We needed that top flight defense with the abortion of a wide receiver corps we fielded. That will not be our offense next season.
Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wallcrawler 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:42 AM   #519
Mahomes: We Are All Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Echoing staylor’s earlier post. The Titans 3rd is gonna be far closer to a 2nd than 4th. First year team in a division with all winning teams last year and a tough schedule.

They will be a mid 3rd at worst IMO
Many also assumed that Arizona would be getting a likely top 5 pick in this year’s draft with Houston’s first round pick when they made the trade last April.

Future draft picks are highly unknown in that way.

That’s why getting zero draft capital in return to use in this year’s draft was disappointing.
FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.FloridaMan88 is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:42 AM   #520
Valiant 'The Thread Killer'

Wow. I calling for a 2025 first, only getting a 3rd is a slap.

Well, highlights are it is better than a comp pick for losing him fa.

He either has some more damage than we thought and the fact he wanted to be so highly paid.

Us not paying him this year hopefully gets us and upgrade on the online. Or I hope we can talk Donaldson out of retirement for a 5th.
Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.Valiant threw an interception on a screen pass.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:43 AM   #521
Andy Reid Supporter

Agree with pugs here. Something else to keep in mind: the Chiefs moved on from good corners before. They replaced Kendall Fuller and Charvarius Ward with no issues. In fact they got an all pro, 2 solid boundary corners and developmental corner (Nazeeh Johnson) who had a similar profile to Sneed (minus height) and got 1st team reps in camp.

If there is any position I trust to be fine in this organization it’s corner. Dave Merritt and Spags have been outstanding finding and developing DB’s
RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.RunKC is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:45 AM   #522
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 View Post
I sat this thread out last night bc I knew it would be a blood bath.

Am I sad to see LJ leave and him not be worth what we hoped? Sure.

Am I damn happy he made the right call to secure generational wealth? **** yes.

Do I understand why the Chiefs are here and continue to build their roster in a more dynastic way that is reminiscent of the only other dynasty we’ve seen in the last 25 years? Yep.

That $20 million is gonna be used to fill the rest of the roster and go into the draft with absolutely zero holes. And in the draft, we are only gonna get better.

They’re making the choice to extend some younger pieces — I believe Creed, Bolton, and McDuffie will all get paid ultimately. You can’t pay em all and not expect it to bite you in the ass. Have to keep getting younger and cheaper in certain spots.

Three-peat is still on and so is the massive Super Bowl window for the next many years that hopefully puts the Chiefs past all other franchises in total Lombardi’s.
Violent language reported
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:45 AM   #523
MVP

I think everything will be fine once we see some signings start dropping. As soon as they announce the first deal after this trade that we were able to make because of moving his salary, everyone will be happy again.
Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.Wisconsin_Chief 's phone was tapped by Scott Pioli.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:46 AM   #524
Choco Favre

Are the Colts still in the mix? Can we get their 44th?
New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.New World Order is obviously part of the inner Circle.
Old 03-23-2024, 10:46 AM   #525
Inmem 2.0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunKC View Post
Agree with pugs here. Something else to keep in mind: the Chiefs moved on from good corners before. They replaced Kendall Fuller and Charvarius Ward with no issues. In fact they got an all pro, 2 solid boundary corners and developmental corner (Nazeeh Johnson) who had a similar profile to Sneed (minus height) and got 1st team reps in camp.

If there is any position I trust to be fine in this organization it’s corner. Dave Merritt and Spags have been outstanding finding and developing DB’s
Kendall Fuller wasn't a good corner but yeah corners are a dime a dozen under this regime. Mahomes, Kelce, Jones are the only non replaceables
Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.Titty Meat is obviously part of the inner Circle.